Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: National TV Coverage/Announcers - Week 1 - The506 is Back!

Practice Squad

National TV Coverage/Announcers - Week 1 - The506 is Back!

It's back, "and better than ever". Yes, perhaps the Internet's greatest website.

The506.Com

See which NFL games are on (or not on) broadcast TV all over the country.

Also see which announcer teams are calling each game:

http://the506.com/nflmaps/2012/wk1.html

Also newly added this year, a ridiculously thorough explanation and analysis of all the myriad local area coverage rules, doubleheaders, switching blow out games, you name it:

http://www.the506.com/nflmaps/

That home page also shows all future weeks' doubleheaders, national games, etc etc.

I am not affiliated with this site - but its just a really really good resource.

All League
    Marv - YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by simijet View Post
    Marv - YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
    lol, we have horrible luck with Marv and Gannon. Hope that changes.

Jets Insider VIP
    I dont get how we are not the #2 game, but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    I dont get how we are not the #2 game, but whatever.
    It's an important game, but has limited national appeal.

The Bears are a large draw and it's Andrew Luck's first game.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I appreciate how the Colorado CBS affiliates have opted to show the Tebow-Bills, errr, Jets-Bills game.

Tampa can't even get their own home game. Rightly so.

Quote Originally Posted by AbstraKt View Post
    Tampa can't even get their own home game. Rightly so.
    I think it's been year's since the Bucs were on in Tampa. Even during the 10-6 season, no one went to the games. Tampa is not a sports town. The Lightning can sellout when they're good because they only need 19,000 to fill the building. That 19,000 is about as much as you'll get at a Rays game, until the playoffs start (and even then, some of the seats are still tarped). And the Bucs never even really come close to selling out. There are too many seats available for even some sponsor to buy up the last few unsold ones. Some of the baseball fans get real upset when I tell them they don't deserve the Rays and that they should be moved somewhere else.

DAMN!!! I gotta check the Pats VS Titans... JETS FANS don't ever move to Virginia.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    I think it's been year's since the Bucs were on in Tampa. Even during the 10-6 season, no one went to the games. Tampa is not a sports town. The Lightning can sellout when they're good because they only need 19,000 to fill the building. That 19,000 is about as much as you'll get at a Rays game, until the playoffs start (and even then, some of the seats are still tarped). And the Bucs never even really come close to selling out. There are too many seats available for even some sponsor to buy up the last few unsold ones. Some of the baseball fans get real upset when I tell them they don't deserve the Rays and that they should be moved somewhere else.
    Florida doesn't deserve any pro teams.

Practice Squad
    Bump, for all the "what game is on where" questions this morning....

Myrtle Beach next week

Does anyone know when the maps get updated? Me and wife will be in Myrtle Beach next week and I see that Jets/Steelers is the primary 4pm game, but we are also not too far from Tennessee and the Titans play at that time. Fingers crossed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Darook View Post
    Does anyone know when the maps get updated? Me and wife will be in Myrtle Beach next week and I see that Jets/Steelers is the primary 4pm game, but we are also not too far from Tennessee and the Titans play at that time. Fingers crossed.
    They usually have it up by Tuesday.

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Darook View Post
    I live in Myrtle Beach. There are a lot of people from Pittsburgh here, so we do get a lot of their games. There is a real good chance that game will be on here.
    Last edited by islesmb; 09-09-2012 at 09:56 AM.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by endgameeugenics View Post
    DAMN!!! I gotta check the Pats VS Titans... JETS FANS don't ever move to Virginia.
    At least not without Sunday Ticket

We're on national the next few weeks, so it's not so bad after today. For those on Directv WITHOUT Sunday ticket, It's FREE today!

Is the game on in Jacksonville?

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
    Is the game on in Jacksonville?

It's too bad there's not some website where you could go to find out. Darn!

Quote Originally Posted by islesmb View Post
    I live in Myrtle Beach. There are a lot of people from Pittsburgh here, so we do get a lot of their games. There is a real good chance that game will be on here.
    Good to hear, thanks.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

the one good thing about living in Fairfield County is I also get the New Haven CBS, which doesn't black out the other channel's game when the Giants are on.