Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Shonn Greene

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Shonn Greene

What do you guys think of having Shonn Greene as potential #2 RB. I'm a little worried about my line-up right now. I have Frank Gore and Mark Ingram with CJ Spiller on the bench and I'm considering replacing one of those with Greene. Any help would be appreciated.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Greene is a good option. Well under rated this year. Greene will have great value where most are picking him this year. His big knock is he is unproven. Then those same guys knocking him take even more unproven guys like Murrey, Trent, and Doug Martin. Or aging talent like Gore or Fred Jackson.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    as of right now, besides gore, greene is the only other option not really splitting carries.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gark2k View Post
    as of right now, besides gore, greene is the only other option not really splitting carries.
    That's the thing I like about Greene over Ingram. Ingram might get what, 20-35% of the workload? I can't see SG getting less than 80% for us. It seems like the Jets are dead set on keeping McKnight a returner and change of pace option and I don't see Powell getting a whole lot of snaps early on.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gark2k View Post
    Hell be splitting with tebow... Seriously.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green&White51 View Post
    What do you guys think of having Shonn Greene as potential #2 RB. I'm a little worried about my line-up right now. I have Frank Gore and Mark Ingram with CJ Spiller on the bench and I'm considering replacing one of those with Greene. Any help would be appreciated.
    All of those RB's are bad fantasy players. How many teams are in your league?? I'd play Greene over the other scrubs on that list but that isn't saying much.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    All of those RB's are bad fantasy players. How many teams are in your league?? I'd play Greene over the other scrubs on that list but that isn't saying much.
    There's 10 teams in the league. It doesn't matter because I just realized I'm getting ****ed. The league manager traded his bench WR M.Floyd to somone for Calvin Johnson. I vetoed it then he pushed it through 24 hours before the deadline. This is the second such trade they made. I guess they'll split the money. LOL. Jokes on me. This is why I shouldn't do this **** for money.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's 10 teams in the league. It doesn't matter because I just realized I'm getting ****ed. The league manager traded his bench WR M.Floyd to somone for Calvin Johnson. I vetoed it then he pushed it through 24 hours before the deadline. This is the second such trade they made. I guess they'll split the money. LOL. Jokes on me. This is why I shouldn't do this **** for money.
    What kind of commissioner would allow that ****? If you are in a league with friends or one that has been around for more then this season that would never happen. I would be cursing them and asking for a refund in the forums.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is my line-up right now, not that it matters too much:

QB Aaron Rodgers, GB QB

RB Frank Gore, SF RB

RB Mark Ingram, NO RB P

WR Andre Johnson, Hou WR P

WR Eric Decker, Den WR

TE Vernon Davis, SF TE

FLEX Jeremy Maclin, Phi WR

D/ST Jets D/ST D/ST

K Shayne Graham, Hou K
    Mia

Bench Joe Flacco, Bal QB

Bench Michael Crabtree, SF WR

Bench C.J. Spiller, Buf RB

Bench Owen Daniels, Hou TE
    Mia

Bench Lions D/ST D/ST

Bench Ed Dickson, Bal TE Q

Bench John Kasay, FA K

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    What kind of commissioner would allow that ****? If you are in a league with friends or one that has been around for more then this season that would never happen. I would be cursing them and asking for a refund in the forums.
    I'm ****ing pissed. And the worse thing about it is it's a work league. Guess who the LM is? That's right, my ****ing supervisor. Well, technically assistant supervisor. It's funny because I hadn't even done FF in 2 years bc I didn't feel like dealing with it every week on top of watching the Jets (they're enough to deal with right?)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's a good little trick and I admit, they got me. I didn't even consider anyone would be low enough to fix an office FF league but I was wrong.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's a good little trick and I admit, they got me. I didn't even consider anyone would be low enough to fix an office FF league but I was wrong.
    I would call them out on the Gheyness of that type of league. How they found 8 other suckers to join a league with them is hard to fathom. At this point you should collude with another player in the league to create a superteam to compete with the cheaters.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Greene doesn't get any receptions. He's a north-south runner and if our O-line isn't blocking like gangbusters for him he's basically going to give you 60-70 yards rushing with no receptions and once every few weeks you might get a td. Bills are a favorable week 1 matchup for him however.