Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: At what point does the media do a 180 and start suckung our d1cks?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Great examples CPA.

The majority of Jets fan think that just getting to (and losing) 2 AFCCG's is some sort of significant accomplishment that deserves respect.

Hell, the Jets haven't even won an outright AFCE title in 14 years.

Add to that all of Ryan's outlandish claims, it's no wonder the Jets are treated as they are in the media.
    No one is asking for the Jets to be NFL darlings like your beloved Cheatriots....

The hate the Jets have been getting makes it seem like we are coming off of a 2-14 season. The truth of the matter is that the Jets last year were an AVERAGE team who had an AVERAGE season. Where's the crime in that?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    I'm a 40+ year Jets fan, and I've never seen the media etc. trash us this bad.

We all know that if we do well, which I have a gut feeling we will, the media will do a 180 and be on their knees at Florham Park.

They're ( the media) so effin pathetic that I think if we start out 3-1, 4-2, they'll start unwrapping the knee pads.
    I was talking to my friend about this same exact thing yesterday. If we have a strong day offensively on Sunday it will start right away I bet.

We are a hated team right now, but that's because we've been successful. Last year sucked, but how can anyone brush off 2 afc championship games in a row.

All you SOJF are going to be miserable this season

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by OlTimeGiantFanFromLongAgo View Post
    If you think the media hated those teams, nothing the media says or writes will ever satisfy you. The media will never do PR for the Jets as you would like.
    Nope, I realize the Jets will never be media darlings like the Pats, Giants or Packers.....

All I'm saying is that the slander that has been dished out does not fit the crime. We were AVERAGE last season, not 2-14 like the media makes it seem....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    No one is asking for the Jets to be NFL darlings like your beloved Cheatriots....

The hate the Jets have been getting makes it seem like we are coming off of a 2-14 season. The truth of the matter is that the Jets last year were an AVERAGE team who had an AVERAGE season. Where's the crime in that?
    No crime at all.

There are numerous threads/posts about the Jets not getting any respect in the media.

I thought CPA summed it up perfectly in his post.

Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post

Yes 8-8 is average but 2 things:

1. Our coach shot his mouth off a lot and couldn't back it up last year.

2. 8-5 to 8-8 with our #1 receiver having an arguement in the huddle in the last game showed how dysfunctional we were last year.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Great examples CPA.

The majority of Jets fan think that just getting to (and losing) 2 AFCCG's is some sort of significant accomplishment that deserves respect.

Hell, the Jets haven't even won an outright AFCE title in 14 years.

Add to that all of Ryan's outlandish claims, it's no wonder the Jets are treated as they are in the media.
    So, winning an AFCE title is a greater accomplishment than getting to the AFCCG?

Good one.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper View Post
    So, winning an AFCE title is a greater accomplishment than getting to the AFCCG?

Good one.
    Nice spin.

Enjoy all those great AFCCG losses.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Nice spin.

Spin? I quoted YOU, putz.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post
    Yes 8-8 is average but 2 things:

1. Our coach shot his mouth off a lot and couldn't back it up last year.

2. 8-5 to 8-8 with our #1 receiver having an arguement in the huddle in the last game showed how dysfunctional we were last year.
    I agree with the first point and Rex has since realized his big blunder....

but I think the media over blew the Tone situation. He was mad because we were losing/he wasn't getting the ball. The media would have you believe it was an all out war zone. Whatever locker room deficiencies were there, the FO tried to address the best they can (Schotty got the boot, Plax is still on his couch waiting for a team to call)

Rookie
    I'm a 40+ year Jets fan, and I've never seen the media etc. trash us this bad.

We all know that if we do well, which I have a gut feeling we will, the media will do a 180 and be on their knees at Florham Park.

They're ( the media) so effin pathetic that I think if we start out 3-1, 4-2, they'll start unwrapping the knee pads.
    A Giants Loss to the Cowboys and a Jets win would be a good start!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by TokyoJetsFan View Post

All you SOJF are going to be miserable this season
    SOJF expect disaster and therefore can only be pleasantly surprised if things go well.

As for the OP's rhetorical question, if and when the media do what you say, I'd like to put an early request for Jeane Coakley.

why do you care what the media has to say?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    SOJF expect disaster and therefore can only be pleasantly surprised if things go well.

As for the OP's rhetorical question, if and when the media do what you say, I'd like to put an early request for Jeane Coakley.

Nah.

Ines Sainz

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by batman10023 View Post
    Because their negativity is the reason why the Jets can't win a SB.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Because their negativity is the reason why the Jets can't win a SB.
    oh ya. i forgot this.

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post

Too late. I called dibs last year.

Quote Originally Posted by batman10023 View Post
    +1

I have so little respect for most of the talking heads on ESPN. They have really gotten alot dumber in the last 5-6 years with the Stephen A Smiths, Skip Baylesses and Curt Schillings spewing a litany of retarded opinions.

Can't stomach anyone on WFAN except Boningo and that kid he works with in mid-days. Peter King, John Clayton etc. are all Pats homers who reside permanently on Bob Kraft's d*ck. Bob Costas is tired disingenous garbage. What ever happened to guys like Dick Schaap and Howard Cosell?

Jets Insider VIP
    At what point does the media do a 180 and start suckung our d1cks?
    For them to do a 180 to suck our cawks we'd technically need to be ramming them from behind first.

I'm hopeful we'll be doing that come December.

Especially Vrentas. Smart, cute, likes Jets.

#180 #360 #69

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Too late. I called dibs last year.
    Statute of limitations. You lost your reservation in May my friend.

Nice spin.

Right up there with celebrating being the best team in the AFC (while losing Super Bowls to the Giants twice)

Quote Originally Posted by AzJetFan View Post
    A Giants Loss to the Cowboys and a Jets win would be a good start!
    One down, one to go!!