Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: At what point does the media do a 180 and start suckung our d1cks?

At what point does the media do a 180 and start suckung our d1cks?

I'm a 40+ year Jets fan, and I've never seen the media etc. trash us this bad.

We all know that if we do well, which I have a gut feeling we will, the media will do a 180 and be on their knees at Florham Park.

They're ( the media) so effin pathetic that I think if we start out 3-1, 4-2, they'll start unwrapping the knee pads.

Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post

We all know that if we do well, which I have a gut feeling we will, the media will do a 180 and be on their knees at Florham Park.

They're ( the media) so effin pathetic that I think if we start out 3-1, 4-2, they'll start unwrapping the knee pads.
    Made me lol.

December.

After Thanksgiving's loss to New England the team will be 5-6 and the media will label them as done as how they were right and blah blah blah.

After five straight wins to close out the season, they'll be predicting they'll run the table.

Hall Of Fame
    When we start winning SBs and start treating the media like ****. Basically I am describing the Bill Belichick model.

I don't let the media bother me. Just like I don't let some posters bother me. If you don't like it, just mute the noise. The only thing that matters is what happens on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Made me lol.
    It's a reverse euphemism, but I'm right, right?

It's a reverse euphemism, but I'm right, right?
    Spot on.

Hall Of Fame
    We're talking the females in the media, right?

_

Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    We're talking the females in the media, right?

_
    Lol, the males too. Cimini will have his tongue so far up Rex's a$$, Rex won't be able to sh1t for a month!

After we win back to back super bowls.

Banned

Based on CBS Sports Week 1 predictions, you're not going to have to worry about that:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/feature...s/expert/picks

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but the Jets completely brought this on themselves. The media loved the Jets until their late-season losing streak. When you have an ownership hell-bent on bringing in name players who aren't that good and you have a coach who likes to talk about how great he and his team are, there's going to be a backlash when you start losing - other teams' players and coaches will take exception and that filters down to media outlets. The media "dislikes" the Jets because the Jets play to the media. Jets fans should be angry with ownership, not ESPN, WFAN, or the tabloids.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Based on CBS Sports Week 1 predictions, you're not going to have to worry about that:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/feature...s/expert/picks
    Yep, just adds to the point i'm trying to make!

Quote Originally Posted by OlTimeGiantFanFromLongAgo View Post
    I'm not trying to be a jerk, but the Jets completely brought this on themselves. The media loved the Jets until their late-season losing streak. When you have an ownership hell-bent on bringing in name players who aren't that good and you have a coach who likes to talk about how great he and his team are, there's going to be a backlash when you start losing - other teams' players and coaches will take exception and that filters down to media outlets. The media "dislikes" the Jets because the Jets play to the media. Jets fans should be angry with ownership, not ESPN, WFAN, or the tabloids.
    Yeah but it's been like this for 40 years, The media is going to the extreme now

Yeah but it's been like this for 40 years, The media is going to the extreme now
    No. It hasn't. The media liked the Sack Exchange, the Parcells Jets, the '09-'10 teams plenty. I'd say even more than they deserved in some cases. You're upset because they weren't very good last year. The media is just reminding you of that, albeit a lot, but get over it. Although, without Tebow, you probably would not have heard very much Jets news in the national media. So which would you have preferred?

They hobknob us pretty good after back to back AFC championship appearances. We can't complain about lack of media coverage because it's non-stop.

The negativity is the backlash from last year's dreadful season. That's what happens though if you talk a lot. If it goes well, the media will praise you for it. But if it doesn't, the media will destroy you. It comes with the territory. At least we are always talked about

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    When we start winning SBs and start treating the media like ****. Basically I am describing the Bill Belichick model.

I don't let the media bother me. Just like I don't let some posters bother me. If you don't like it, just mute the noise. The only thing that matters is what happens on the field.

+1. Take a step back and look at the Jets objectively and you'll stop wondering why the media treat us like sh*t. Think about how you might react to Rex Ryan's constant BS if he were coaching another team that never lived up to his hype. Now you understand.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by OlTimeGiantFanFromLongAgo View Post
    No. It hasn't. The media liked the Sack Exchange, the Parcells Jets, the '09-'10 teams plenty. I'd say even more than they deserved in some cases. You're upset because they weren't very good last year. The media is just reminding you of that, albeit a lot, but get over it. Although, without Tebow, you probably would not have heard very much Jets news in the national media. So which would you have preferred?
    Not true about the 09'-10' Jets. Media hated on Rex since he's been in NY. Those teams shut the media up however. Us not making the playoffs last year, coming off of a Rex SB guarantee opened the flood gates this offseason

All League

I'm with you. I've don't remember many times the negative chatter being as extreme as it is now about a team that's only one year removed from consecutive AFCC games, and that has made the playoffs 6 times over the past decade. And much of it seems to be a reaction against the loud-mouthed coach and high-profile nature of the team -- not real football reasoning. In my experience (in sports and other areas of life) when sentiment becomes this extreme and this irrational, it's usually a decent bet to go the other way. Unfortunately, Vegas and the actual people who put money on these things are a lot smarter than the talking heads and fans who call in to talk shows...the over under on Jets wins is still 8.5 in Vegas (which sounds about right to me), although you'd think from all that's being said in the media it would be around 6.

Lol, the males too. Cimini will have his tongue so far up Rex's a$$, Rex won't be able to sh1t for a month!
    No room up Tebow's ass with Manish on the beat

Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    Not true about the 09'-10' Jets. Media hated on Rex since he's been in NY. Those teams shut the media up however. Us not making the playoffs last year, coming off of a Rex SB guarantee opened the flood gates this offseason
    If you think the media hated those teams, nothing the media says or writes will ever satisfy you. The media will never do PR for the Jets as you would like.