Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winslow to the Pats ???

Winslow to the Pats ???

Kellen Winslow works out for New England Patriots

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...gn=Twitter_atl

The Pats also prefer to do their due diligence early, and work out players during "down time" so if they need to make a move in the event of an injury, they can do it quickly.

There were some conflicting reports from seattle...some saying that his knees were shot, and others saying he was virtually uncoverable in practice.

He hasnt missed many (if any) games in the few years and is certainly an upgrade over cumberland etc. Personally i dont see how we didnt bring moore in here over the SF guy, but I also think winslow could add something to our offense.

All Pro
    Pats are a smart team a pair reliable hands never hurts any team..

Would if been a good move in our part.

Patriots are obsessed these days with FB's and TE's. If you play one of those 2 positions and have a pulse, they will bring you in for a look.

Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    Patriots are obsessed these days with FB's and TE's. If you play one of those 2 positions and have a pulse, they will bring you in for a look.
    Pretty much this.

Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    Right. I read a bit recently speculating that the Pats may run a few 4 tight end sets with Welker in the slot or a FB in the backfield. THAT would certainly freak out a few defensive coordinators.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    The Pats also prefer to do their due diligence early, and work out players during "down time" so if they need to make a move in the event of an injury, they can do it quickly.

There were some conflicting reports from seattle...some saying that his knees were shot, and others saying he was virtually uncoverable in practice.

He hasnt missed many (if any) games in the few years and is certainly an upgrade over cumberland etc. Personally i dont see how we didnt bring moore in here over the SF guy, but I also think winslow could add something to our offense.
    Moore was a free agent and chose to sign with the Seahawks. The Jets may have made an offer, but he is a west coast kid and chose to go to Seattle. Just because a guy doesnt sign with the Jets, it doesnt mean the Jets didnt try to get to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    Pats are a smart team a pair reliable hands never hurts any team..

Would if been a good move in our part.

Mumbles probably wants to work him out and tell him to stay close to the phone in case one of his TE's gets hurt. I can't see him seeing the field before either of the young guys and I don't see 3-TE sets either. Hopefully they release Shiancoe or Ballard

Quote Originally Posted by suprjet View Post
    Mumbles probably wants to work him out and tell him to stay close to the phone in case one of his TE's gets hurt. I can't see him seeing the field before either of the young guys and I don't see 3-TE sets either. Hopefully they release Shiancoe or Ballard
    Shiancoe possibly, but not likely, and I doubt Ballard who is on the PUP list. Why cut him when they claimed him knowing he'll probably miss the season? And why don't you think you'll see 3 TE sets? BB loves to throw a new wrinkle in. Wouldn't surprise me to see occasional 4 TE sets TBH.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Shiancoe possibly, but not likely, and I doubt Ballard who is on the PUP list. Why cut him when they claimed him knowing he'll probably miss the season? And why don't you think you'll see 3 TE sets? BB loves to throw a new wrinkle in. Wouldn't surprise me to see occasional 4 TE sets TBH.
    If you spent more time on your own team's message board you would have realized Shiancoe was hurt and most likely ending up on IR.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Kellen Winslow works out for New England Patriots

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...gn=Twitter_atl
    w/ brady passing to him ; he'll be an all-pro

I'm not sure why more teams don't do this kind of evaluation all of the time. If you think a guy might be a fit, bring him in and see what he's got in the tank. That way, if someone gets injured, you can make an offer on Monday instead of bringing him in, trying him out, and then make an offer if he passes. By the time all of that's done, it's Thursday and the guy won't be able to help you that week.

It's just good business to evaluate what you might need during the season and do some work ahead of time.

On a related note, the Patriots are about to sign Michael Hoomanawanuimanumaleuna.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-e...t-to-join-pats

the pats work out a veteran TE that has 2-3 years left to contribute and could make a difference this year.

the jets sign an undrafted free agent from 2011 and sign a rugby player from Australia who has never played a down of american football.

All League
    4 TE set?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJet80 View Post
    4 TE set?
    It they will still succeed.. Brady doesn't need or Use Outside Recievers like that.. All he does is destroy teams over the middle. Welker,Gronkowski,Hernandez, are mismatch nightmares on the inside. Add Winslow to that mix another guy that lineup at TE and line up in the slot.

Quote Originally Posted by jagr68 View Post
    the pats work out a veteran TE that has 2-3 years left to contribute and could make a difference this year.

the jets sign an undrafted free agent from 2011 and sign a rugby player from Australia who has never played a down of american football.
    Hey, the Pats signed a rugby Player too!

Oh and BB wanted me to swing by and ask if you guys had any TEs lying around.. ?

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Maybe Mumbles is trying to stockpile TEs so nobody else can emulate his innovative 2-TE offense. I read a good article someone posted earlier that summarizes his obsession with TEs: http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal...inglepage.html

No No No its all part of Belicheck's master plan.

Get ALL NFL teams to switch focus to the TE's.

A few years down the line, they will dump all TE and go back to WRs.

At that point, Belicheck has already sculpted the shape of the NFL.

All copy cat teams will have new Safeties and LBs suited to cover the TE.

And will not have DBs to cover WR.

and subsequently the cycle of patriot dominance continues...