Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Most Wins in NFL During Rex's Tenure

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Kubiak is similiar to Rex in that he is great at one side of the ball. Where Kubiak is smarter then rex is that he made a great hire on the side of the ball he knows nothing about(Wade Phillips). Rex hires the meatball Tony Sparano. DOH!
    100% dead on.

Kubiak is an offensive-minded HC who knows the offense inside and out.

Phillips took the Texans defense from #32 to #2 in the league.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Kubiak is similiar to Rex in that he is great at one side of the ball. Where Kubiak is smarter then rex is that he made a great hire on the side of the ball he knows nothing about(Wade Phillips). Rex hires the meatball Tony Sparano. DOH!
    Maybe but Parcells likes the guy so we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    There definitely are cases of rookie head coaches becoming great. Rex Ryan isn't one of them.

SAR I
    just keep changing your argument.

I'm sure you'll convince me eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by OlTimeGiantFanFromLongAgo View Post
    What you left out, is that team, with every chance to "fire" its coach by going in the tank at 7-8 and miss the playoffs, beat Washington the last game of the year to go to the playoffs. They then took Philadelphia to overtime on the road in the first round. Was there in-fighting? Probably. Did Burress quit on that route? Yes. Did Coughlin's team stop playing for him? No.
    Did Holmes quit on Rex, Yes. Do you know of a single other player who "quit" on him?

So a talented WR, with a known attitude problem, quit on his team when they were losing and caused a divide in the locker room....hmmm where have I heard that before.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Until the Jets win a Superbowl, nothing matters, and everything will be scrutinized to the 100th power. There is no patience in NY for any kind of "developments" or "processes".

Jets fans are like Veruca Salt. They want it all, they want it now.

And constant turnover results in constant losing.

The idea is to figure out a coach capable of winning a super bowl and then surround him with the players.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Did Holmes quit on Rex, Yes. Do you know of a single other player who "quit" on him?

So a talented WR, with a known attitude problem, quit on his team when they were losing and caused a divide in the locker room....hmmm where have I heard that before.
    Quitting on a single pass route is not comparable to what Holmes did.

Quote Originally Posted by OlTimeGiantFanFromLongAgo View Post
    Quitting on a single pass route is not comparable to what Holmes did.
    Was burress ever late for a meeting?

Was burress ever late for a meeting?
    Plax used to show Eli up on the field constantly.

Santonio and Plax are good examples that many types of guys win super bowls. And both of those guys were big parts of their super bowls as well.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post

The idea is to figure out a coach capable of winning a super bowl and then surround him with the players.
    +1

Let's find the head coach, then we can build around him.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    100% dead on.

Kubiak is an offensive-minded HC who knows the offense inside and out.

Phillips took the Texans defense from #32 to #2 in the league.
    Kubiak hasn't been as successful as Rex. I love Trolls.

Here are the only teams that have more wins then the Jets since Rex took over.

Saints, Packers, Patriots, Ravens and Steelers

The fact that people want him fired is beyond ridiculous.
    AWESOME stat! I agree completely. Rex Ryan is the best thing that has happened to this franchise since Bill Parcells.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Both he and tanny should get another two years. We have to see if they have learned from their past mistakes.
    My hope is that Tanny finally learns that he can't get cheap with the OL. He's done it twice now, and although we don't know how this season will turn out, if he doesn't learn that the OL is of utmost importance he will get fired.

He f*cked with the OL in 2007. Result: 4-12

He f*cked with the OL this offseason. Result: ?????

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post

Constant turnover of coaches is a bad thing. Consistency in a coach is what you want and need. Every coach, minus a few exceptions, has his ups and downs. Every coach has strengths and weaknesses.

What we have in this thread, is a few people who want Rex fired. They believe what's better is whoever is NOT on the team. A handful of coaches are better - who are not coaching. Whoever. Just not Rex.

Rex went to 2 AFCCG, and posted the biggest win in playoff history minus the Superbowl III victory (Divisional round vs Patriots). He's demonstrated resiliency, success and determination.

I can't believe that people want Rex's head. They want only to find that next coach that they can begin to run out of town.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    2010 was legitimate, especially with the wins in Foxboro and Indy.

2009 was a fluke, beginning how the Jets even got into the playoffs. Then in their first playoff game against the Chargers, you had an All Pro kicker missing 3 easy FG's.
    And the Jets D picked off Rivers twice. The Jets O had over 150 yards on the ground. But I guess that's irrelevant, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    And the Jets D picked off Rivers twice. The Jets O had over 150 yards on the ground. But I guess that's irrelevant, right?
    One could say that 2001 was also irrelevant. Without the hard hitting Mo Lewis, Brady stays on the bench.

Just saying.

One could say that 2001 was also irrelevant. Without the hard hitting Mo Lewis, Brady stays on the bench.

Just saying.
    There's no room for facts in Tx's argument.

JetsInsider.com Legend

I can't believe that people want Rex's head. They want only to find that next coach that they can begin to run out of town.
    As Jets head coach, Bill Belichick takes the 2009, 2010, and 2011 Jets to the playoffs:

___Yes
    ___No

As Jets head coach, Bill Belichick takes either the 2009 or 2010 Jets to the Super Bowl:

___Yes
    ___No

SAR I

As Jets head coach, Bill Belichick takes the 2009, 2010, and 2011 Jets to the playoffs:

___Yes
    ___No

As Jets head coach, Bill Belichick takes either the 2009 or 2010 Jets to the Super Bowl:

___Yes
    ___No

SAR I
    Bill Belichick doesn't win at least HALF of what he has won without Tom Brady as his QB:

___Yes
    ___No

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Bill Belichick doesn't win at least HALF of what he has won without Tom Brady as his QB:

_X_Yes
    ___No
    Definitely.

That wasn't the question.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame

___Yes
    ___No

___Yes
    ___No

SAR I
    Before I answer the question, was Bill Belichick also the Jets coach from 2000-present and do the Jets have 3 SBs with him? Or did he start in 2009?