Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Politics, Faith and prognostication from a dark sider who has seen the light

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Politics, Faith and prognostication from a dark sider who has seen the light

Here we are Jets fans, 2012 on the cusp of another Presidential election. The last season the Jets won the SB Richard M. Nixon was running for President against Hubert H. Humphrey. The country was at war, ditto. The country was in recession, ditto, the country was having a health, housing and poverty crisis, ditto. The streets were burning with anger, okay, not so much, but you get the basic point.

We may have become to fat, lazy and to bored to hit the streets, but you can't deny that the stars are aligning. You can almost smell the tires burning, the horns blaring, see the girls running in fear as Jets fans celebrate the end of their exodus. Yes like Mosses leading the Jews out of the dessert, Tim Tebow is about to lead the Jets from their 44 year diaspora from Championship football.

Tebow has returned from the Mount. The 10 commandments have been handed down. Though shalt not doubt Tanny, Though shalt not doubt Rex, Sanchez will become Eli Manning in year 4, Ground and pound, bend but donít break (add tired clichť) etc., etc., etc...

This team has a great Defense in spite of slow, mediocre linebackers and suspect safety coverage. The O is now lead by a 25 year old man who will set his feet and stand tall, will deliver the ball on time into tight spaces to great route running WRís with speed, size and incredible skill. Shone Greene while never lifting his head up will still barrel through giant holes created by awesome offensive lineman. Joe McKnight while unwrapping gifts from USC alumni will still take swing passes to the house.

This is the year it all comes together, the D dominates, the O is balanced, special teams are competent and if all else fail, we unleash Tebow, god and the Holy Ghost. Itís going to take more than Tom Brady to beat the NY Jets this year, itís going to take Tom Brady and an exorcist to beat the NY Jets this year.

I havenít been this excited for a NY Jets Football season since the first time I saw Joe release the ball to back in 1965. I havenít been this confident that the NY Jets were going to win an NFL Championship since Weeb was the head coach. Granted I was a young boy with the kind innocent optimism that hadnít been crushed by 40 plus years of failure but why go negative when we are on the cusp of ending the drought, drinking the sweet wine from the VLT as we bow our heads and say amen.

God rested on the 7th day and in 2012 God is going to sit down on his couch, pour an ice cold one and watch his prodigal son run roughshod over the Buffalo Bills in what is sure to be a SB run for the ages.

Itís time to believe again.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    From your lips to GOD's ears!!!

I want what he's on, probably life. Love it.

Got JETS!!!! BOOM!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your best post ever.

Good season this year, guys and gals.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    There will be blood...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Your best post ever.

Good season this year, guys and gals.
    Nice to see the board active......

We will be down 17-14 10 minutes left and Mark will produce. We will win 24-17

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like to see these posts and I was equally optimistic going into the ex season but the offense looks bad, very bad and has killed my enthusiasm to some degree. The good thing is that no one is expecting the jets to do much this year which will work in their favor.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good post, but when I think about our offense I just want to digest fenugreek seeds.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Got to love the start of a season...so much hope and confidence.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Here we are Jets fans, 2012 on the cusp of another Presidential election. The last season the Jets won the SB Richard M. Nixon was running for President against Hubert H. Humphrey. The country was at war, ditto. The country was in recession, ditto, the country was having a health, housing and poverty crisis, ditto. The streets were burning with anger, okay, not so much, but you get the basic point.

We may have become to fat, lazy and to bored to hit the streets, but you can't deny that the stars are aligning. You can almost smell the tires burning, the horns blaring, see the girls running in fear as Jets fans celebrate the end of their exodus. Yes like Mosses leading the Jews out of the dessert, Tim Tebow is about to lead the Jets from their 44 year diaspora from Championship football.

Tebow has returned from the Mount. The 10 commandments have been handed down. Though shalt not doubt Tanny, Though shalt not doubt Rex, Sanchez will become Eli Manning in year 4, Ground and pound, bend but donít break (add tired clichť) etc., etc., etc...

This team has a great Defense in spite of slow, mediocre linebackers and suspect safety coverage. The O is now lead by a 25 year old man who will set his feet and stand tall, will deliver the ball on time into tight spaces to great route running WRís with speed, size and incredible skill. Shone Greene while never lifting his head up will still barrel through giant holes created by awesome offensive lineman. Joe McKnight while unwrapping gifts from USC alumni will still take swing passes to the house.

This is the year it all comes together, the D dominates, the O is balanced, special teams are competent and if all else fail, we unleash Tebow, god and the Holy Ghost. Itís going to take more than Tom Brady to beat the NY Jets this year, itís going to take Tom Brady and an exorcist to beat the NY Jets this year.

I havenít been this excited for a NY Jets Football season since the first time I saw Joe release the ball to back in 1965. I havenít been this confident that the NY Jets were going to win an NFL Championship since Weeb was the head coach. Granted I was a young boy with the kind innocent optimism that hadnít been crushed by 40 plus years of failure but why go negative when we are on the cusp of ending the drought, drinking the sweet wine from the VLT as we bow our heads and say amen.

God rested on the 7th day and in 2012 God is going to sit down on his couch, pour an ice cold one and watch his prodigal son run roughshod over the Buffalo Bills in what is sure to be a SB run for the ages.

Amen

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't beleive in this stuff but.....Great friggin post!!!!!

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well said. Been with the team since 67. All that really means is I'm getting old, don't think I have any more insight than anyone else, but I feel really positive about the team. Yes we all know about the Preseason struggles and qb completion percentage in practice and punt hang times but it really means nothing. The amount of scrutiny training camp and preseason receives now compared to years ago is mind boggling. I think the defense is vastly improved and faster and the o will be better than any year since Rex has been here. It's so good to read a positive thread on here for a change. Fans can help to set a mood for a team and let's face it so many Jets fans are so negative it's crazy. Well said Mr. Biggs!

Schluberator & Gadfly ģ
    Post Thanks / Like

Amen brotha.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Can I take my hand off the glass, now? I BELIEVE!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love Winston's pump up threads. One of a kind.

Kind of like a lengthy WCO post that you can actually understand.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports View Post
    Good post, but when I think about our offense I just want to digest fenugreek seeds.
    They do a good job of filling your belly.

Just sayin'.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

**** yeah !!!! Brilliant. Here's to a fantastic season brothas !
    Last edited by Dunnie; 09-05-2012 at 07:48 PM.