Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 104

Thread: Turnstile Wayne chimes in on Jets fans

  1. #1
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    dunwoody, ga ! !
    Posts
    13,556
    Post Thanks / Like

    Arrow " Hunter to NY fans, media : Good riddance " ~ ~ ~


  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,772
    Post Thanks / Like
    NY fans reply, "Good Riddance" has more merit.

    Hard to complain when your the worst player at your position and your sh1tty play just might get the most important player on your team killed.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets fans response: Don't let the door hit your a$$ on the way out, but the door got around him.

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,538
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is he going to start for them?

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    3,443
    Post Thanks / Like
    More ESPN BS. Hunter didn't say "good riddance" or anything close. Actual quote from the "article" is-

    "Hunter harbors no animosity toward the Jets"

  6. #6
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like
    I felt sorry for Hunter until I read this. He was getting beat by 3rd stringers and has to nerve to blame the fans? I media are sharks but when you play that terrible you deserve to get ripped, Period.

  7. #7
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Wayne Hunter loved the Jets, but he could't wait to get away from the fans and media.

    "They're like sharks," Hunter told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, commenting for the first time since he was traded last week to the Rams. "They let you know (their feelings) right off the bat. And even if you're doing good, they may just not like you for the heck of it. It's brutal over there. Those fans, they know what they want and they pretty much demand it. So if you don't give it to them, they'll let you know."

    Hunter said he couldn't put into words what it was like to play in New York.

    "No, I can't," he said. "There's no words to describe it. If you can handle the 'Concrete Jungle,' you can handle anywhere. I've been through it all."

    Hunter welcomed the change of scenery.

    "I think it's what I needed," he said. "I think it's what we both needed, from what I heard. It'll be interesting. So I wish him the best, and I'm going to make the best of this opportunity over here. We're going to fill this stadium up."

    Hunter harbors no animosity toward the Jets.

    "There's no chip on my shoulder. The New York Jets treated me so well," he said. "I had the best four years over
    there. We had a great run with two AFC championships. I've got nothing to complain about. I love those guys, I wish 'em the best but it's time for me to move on."

    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...-good-riddance

    I don't see any mention of "good riddance"...Good to see ESPN being objective...And good to see Manish leave out "media"...


    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Wayne Hunter tells St. Louis P-D Jets fans were "like sharks." "They might just not like you for heck of it. It's brutal over there"
    Last edited by C Mart; 09-05-2012 at 12:41 PM.

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,602
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wish him well but the man should be eternally grateful to the Jets for agreeing to let him steal money from them. I hope he gets to the point where he figures it out and where the evaluation of his physical tools turns out to be correct.

    Except against us.

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,000
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hunter was given more chances than his horrific play deserved. And he has the gall to whine about it? **** him.

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,602
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets fans were "demanding" that he not get the QB killed?

  11. #11
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    581
    Post Thanks / Like
    aaand you SUCKED. seeeeyaa loser the only thing worse than #Hunter was Rex keeping him as long as we did

  12. #12
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,095
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Wayne Hunter loved the Jets, but he could't wait to get away from the fans and media.

    "They're like sharks," Hunter told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, commenting for the first time since he was traded last week to the Rams. "They let you know (their feelings) right off the bat. And even if you're doing good, they may just not like you for the heck of it. It's brutal over there. Those fans, they know what they want and they pretty much demand it. So if you don't give it to them, they'll let you know."

    Hunter said he couldn't put into words what it was like to play in New York.

    "No, I can't," he said. "There's no words to describe it. If you can handle the 'Concrete Jungle,' you can handle anywhere. I've been through it all."

    Hunter welcomed the change of scenery.

    "I think it's what I needed," he said. "I think it's what we both needed, from what I heard. It'll be interesting. So I wish him the best, and I'm going to make the best of this opportunity over here. We're going to fill this stadium up."

    Hunter harbors no animosity toward the Jets.

    "There's no chip on my shoulder. The New York Jets treated me so well," he said. "I had the best four years over
    there. We had a great run with two AFC championships. I've got nothing to complain about. I love those guys, I wish 'em the best but it's time for me to move on."

    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...-good-riddance

    I don't see any mention of "good riddance"...Good to see ESPN being objective...
    WTF; non story. Some doobag from St Loouuie got Hunter to open up. Looks like about 5 seconds worth of sound bites.

    Jets fans, pat yourself on the back.

  13. #13
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,050
    Post Thanks / Like

    Turnstile Wayne chimes in on Jets fans

    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN

    Wayne Hunter tells St. Louis P-D Jets fans were "like sharks." "They might just not like you for heck of it. It's brutal over there" #nyj
    You mean you were despised for grading out as the 3rd worse offensive linemen in football last year?

  14. #14
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Revis View Post
    You mean you were despised for grading out as the 3rd worse offensive linemen in football last year?

    http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=247267


    Manish conveniently leaves "media" out..shocking

  15. #15
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    492
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=247267


    Manish conveniently leaves "media" out..shocking
    He's the worst. Not just because of his negativity, but because of his blatant disregard for delivering all the facts of a story.

  16. #16
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,332
    Post Thanks / Like
    sounds like wayne hunter has sand stuck in his pu__y

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    L.I. NY (where the Jets used to be from)
    Posts
    13,339
    Post Thanks / Like
    "And even if you're doing good, they may just not like you for the heck of it. "

    How would he know that?

    Crybaby dooshbag.

  18. #18
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,991
    Post Thanks / Like
    He is not 100% wrong you know.

  19. #19
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    At least Cimini admits it..

    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Dear Wayne, hope you like St. Louis. Signed, A Shark. #Jets http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/14969/hunter-to-ny-fans-good-riddance

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    greenwich village, NYC
    Posts
    8,131
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    He is not 100% wrong you know.
    Says the blowfish...

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us