Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Turnstile Wayne chimes in on Jets fans

Practice Squad
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I always said I felt like Hunter was a good guy, seemed like he had a head on his shoulders and an NFL body.

But for every one game he played well, he got the QB almost killed in two others.

I genuinely felt bad for him, but as a Jet fan I also wanted him demoted, cut or traded. The longer he stayed out there to hurt the team, the madder I became at nobody doing anything to improve on the team's biggest weakness.

He's right though... the NYC media and fans are a "win now or go away and die somewhere" kind of coverage.
    Last edited by ChrisChrusher#40; 09-05-2012 at 04:40 PM.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Someone with better computer skills then me needs to photoshop of picture of a shark eating Wayne Hunter.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry Wayne.

You're a nice guy and all. But it's not the media or fans fault that you let ends swim move past you like a tackling dummy en route to our franchise QB with a full head of steam.

I just hope for Bradford's sake that you don't start.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    You eat pieces of **** for breakfast?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    It's been what, several weeks since that thread, and yet, here you are still jumping up and down in a fit hoping any mod will come to the rescue and ban me.

You are a sad little chump. And stop crying about personal attacks, because YOU are the one derailing this thread for your own personal and bitter vengeance.
    LOL.

You are accusing me of derailing a thread about Wayne Hunter. If anybody ever deserved to have a thread about them get derailed, it is Wayne Hunter. He derailed our offense.

You talk like a tough guy yet you are as delicate as flower when someone criticizes the Jets.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    You eat pieces of **** for breakfast?
    Everyone who buys/eats breakfast out does. Why do you think your servers and/or deli/coffee shop personnel smile as patrons leave?

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Hunter is such a ****ing crybaby. Boo ****ing hoo, you couldn't handle New York and you were criticized for your enormous faults. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Wayne: If you would've just done your job competently, no one would utter a single bad word. Hope you enjoy the Midwest with the rest of the Jets castoffs, you big *****.

Another poster said it best in this thread. Criticize Sanchez all you want, but he handle the media like a whiz and is the furthest thing from this woe-is-me **** Hunter's pulling.
    Bah; you and I wouldn't make the mistake of popping off; yet Hunter's "True Colors" are now in view. It doesn't add up.

It was a 5 second soundbite and they are editing his comments to make Jet fans, not the Jet beat writers, look like sharks. The proper context is that Wayne was ripping big market media, in a one-horse town where anything big market is looked at with enmity.
    Last edited by WestCoastOffensive; 09-05-2012 at 05:50 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wish Hunter all the best. I will NEVER know what in the world Mike Tannenbuam was thinking when he guaranteed Wayne Hunter's 2012 salary?
    But I do not have any hatred toward him. It just simply was not working out and I am very happy that he is gone.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    do any of you folks know when we play the rams ? ?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kelly View Post
    do any of you folks know when we play the rams ? ?

The 2012 schedule appears on the home page.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    The 2012 schedule appears on the home page.
    jordeeee ! ! ....YOU're awake ! ! !

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kelly View Post
    jordeeee ! ! ....YOU're awake ! ! !
    Are you? Or just looking for some needed attention?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    LOL.

You are accusing me of derailing a thread about Wayne Hunter. If anybody ever deserved to have a thread about them get derailed, it is Wayne Hunter. He derailed our offense.

You talk like a tough guy yet you are as delicate as flower when someone criticizes the Jets.
    Nice try

The "kissing mod ass" had nothing to do with this thread, until you needed to make another pathetic attempt to bring up the FF2 thread. Frankly, I don't give a ****, the thread was neccessary, but you had to regurgitate it.

Save the "don't criticize the Jets" BS, it's hollow, it's never about criticizing the Jets, it's about having a clue of what you're talking about when running your mouth.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Everyone who buys/eats breakfast out does. Why do you think your servers and/or deli/coffee shop personnel smile as patrons leave?
    Never saw Happy Gilmore?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Nice try

The "kissing mod ass" had nothing to do with this thread, until you needed to make another pathetic attempt to bring up the FF2 thread. Frankly, I don't give a ****, the thread was neccessary, but you had to regurgitate it.

Save the "don't criticize the Jets" BS, it's hollow, it's never about criticizing the Jets, it's about having a clue of what you're talking about when running your mouth.
    Enough already, christ.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Enough already, christ.
    Oh did you do it....Dont ban ray ray, ban yourself...****

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Wayne Hunter loved the Jets, but he could't wait to get away from the fans and media.

"They're like sharks," Hunter told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, commenting for the first time since he was traded last week to the Rams. "They let you know (their feelings) right off the bat. And even if you're doing good, they may just not like you for the heck of it. It's brutal over there. Those fans, they know what they want and they pretty much demand it. So if you don't give it to them, they'll let you know."

Hunter said he couldn't put into words what it was like to play in New York.

"No, I can't," he said. "There's no words to describe it. If you can handle the 'Concrete Jungle,' you can handle anywhere. I've been through it all."

Hunter welcomed the change of scenery.

"I think it's what I needed," he said. "I think it's what we both needed, from what I heard. It'll be interesting. So I wish him the best, and I'm going to make the best of this opportunity over here. We're going to fill this stadium up."

Hunter harbors no animosity toward the Jets.

"There's no chip on my shoulder. The New York Jets treated me so well," he said. "I had the best four years over
    there. We had a great run with two AFC championships. I've got nothing to complain about. I love those guys, I wish 'em the best but it's time for me to move on."

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...-good-riddance

I don't see any mention of "good riddance"...Good to see ESPN being objective...And good to see Manish leave out "media"...

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Wayne Hunter tells St. Louis P-D Jets fans were "like sharks." "They might just not like you for heck of it. It's brutal over there"
    At least he was honest. I'm a native NYer, still livin & lovin it here because it is a tough town. If you don't earn, ya gotta go. Good luck in St Louis, a nice town for nice guys. (-;

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Enough already, christ.
    What did Tebow do to get dragged into this?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    Oh did you do it....Dont ban ray ray, ban yourself...****
    Huh?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Sorry Wayne.

You're a nice guy and all. But it's not the media or fans fault that you let ends swim move past you like a tackling dummy en route to our franchise QB with a full head of steam.

I just hope for Bradford's sake that you don't start.
    Schotty is the OC. If it isn't Hunter starting at RT it will be Barry Richardson who may actually be worse than Wayne Hunter (ask any Chiefs fan he was horrific for them last yr) Oh and they face the Detroit Lions front 7 in week 1.

Poor Sam Bradford.