Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: According to Don Banks, our ceiling is 7 wins...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    We should have 9 to 10 wins easily but we seem to play down to some teams levels each year.
    Also true. Still, I'm thinking we're gonna go hard this year. We may not make the playoffs, but we're gonna be fighting as hard as we can until we're mathematically eliminated.

Offenses need to watch out for big Coples. Big dog is hungry.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    what an idiot, we understand that writers have to say some 'flamboyant" thiings
    to get peoples attention but that is ridiculous. the jets ceiling is more like 13 wins.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Exactly where are the Jets "much improved" from last year.
    Our biggest needs last year was a WR, 2 Ss, and a DE. We filled all of those needs. Not to mention adding a a good Blitz option, ILB depth, and getting Thomas back. Oh and the biggest improvement of all dumping Shotty. I can't see how anyone thinks we didn't improve greatly from last year.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Cruz was not a lucky play, it was the deficiencies in our personnel that caused that long td.

If we were killing the Broncos we would have been up by 3 scores before the fateful drive.

Tony Romo handed us a game, the chargers had a huge lead and rivers handed us the game, buffalo had an open guy for the inning score and he flat out dropped it. Watching the Jets last year they played about 4 really good games, a few decent games and looked mediocre in a lot of them. We were exposed in a number of areas that they have since tried to fix.

We will see how we do this year but the jets play of last year and in the ex season on offense earns them a lot of doubt. You earn confidence with success, you earn doubt with a lack of success, it is as simple as that.
    How come the cowboys and san diego weren't deficient in personnel? Are romo and rivers not part of their roster? We were an average team as our record showed.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Our biggest needs last year was a WR, 2 Ss, and a DE. We filled all of those needs. Not to mention adding a a good Blitz option, ILB depth, and getting Thomas back. Oh and the biggest improvement of all dumping Shotty. I can't see how anyone thinks we didn't improve greatly from last year.
    Because he hasn't actually looked at their tape. Instead, he's just taking whatever the media says as his opinion.

Typical ignorant troll. Nothing new.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Because he hasn't actually looked at their tape. Instead, he's just taking whatever the media says as his opinion.

Typical ignorant troll. Nothing new.
    I have nothing against PatFanTX really. But to say we did not improve a lot from last year which was an 8-8 season is misguided to say the least. I can't see where we lost talent from last year to be honest. Depth alone we are a lot stronger not to mention the 6 starter spots we improved on. Really what did we loose? Not one player we lost from last year was worth more then their replacement. Out side of maybe LT there is no question we improved IMO. I am sorry I loved LT but he showed very little last year and McKnight looked impressive at times. Even if he is a downgrade it is not much of one.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i'm sorry but i just don't see where this team has regressed from last season and when they won 8 and were 8-5 after 13. they lost plax, tomlinson, mulligan and hunter from the offense but gained hill, a second year kerley, austin howard and have better te options than before. they also gained tebow and, maybe he can't throw, but he gives them a much better option at wildcat than smith did. greene is the same and so are sanchez, keller, powell, and the rest of the line. the key thing is if holmes is coming to play and if keller is going to play for a contract. the offense will surprise now that rt has some steadiness.

on defense they have done nothing but improve. coples is proving to be worthy of his draft position and ellis is finally ready to play now that the whole jail thing is over. wilkerson did well last season and will do better and they have strengthened the inside with landry and bell. scott is playing for a contract and so are pace and thomas. so the defense will be motivated to play hard. they are faster and they have been built from the dline out. this will take lots of pressure off the lb's and secondary.

the bottom line is this team has improved so even 13 wins are not out of the question. and you never know which way the ball will bounce.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wrong board.

Your Seahag wife is calling you to tickle her meat curtains with your Vienna sausage.

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    on defense they have done nothing but improve. coples is proving to be worthy of his draft position and ellis is finally ready to play now that the whole jail thing is over. wilkerson did well last season and will do better and they have strengthened the inside with landry and bell. scott is playing for a contract and so are pace and thomas. so the defense will be motivated to play hard. they are faster and they have been built from the dline out. this will take lots of pressure off the lb's and secondary.

You didn't even mention the changes we've had at Safety. Landry and Bell are significantly more physical than what we had last season. Bush as a backup provides youth and some cover ability. It's definitely an upgraded unit.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    If you think the Jets have at least an adequate RT between Smith and Howard, then the offense should be much improved over last season. And the defense will be wicked, no doubt. In that case I can't see how one would believe the team will win less than 10 games.
    I don't get why everyone thinks our offense will be so much worse than last year. Well, OK, it's because we couldn't score in the preseason. But look at our personnel. We swapped out Plax, LT, and Hunter for Hill, Powell, and Howard / Smith. For everyone that says that Sanchez sucks - don't you also say he sucked last year? Even if he doesn't turn into a Manning, it seems reasonable to think he'll suck less this year.

I think our offense will be a little improved from last year - which would be close to average from bottom third. And I think our defense will be excellent. 9 or 10 wins sounds about right.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Don

GFY

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gosh, I should hope they can win at least 7 games. The schedule is a joke.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Frequent Flyer View Post
    Gosh, I should hope they can win at least 7 games. The schedule is a joke.
    1. The schedule is difficult early, can easily create a 2-5 start and feed the sleeping mess from last season, team falls apart, doesn't fight it out at the end. The running order means something.

2. If you go by last year's team that beat no one with a winning record and was a hair over .500 against the scrubs, it adds up to 7-9 or 6-10.

I've got 'em at 5-11 because of the personnel and the timing. I don't think they've improved overall, I think they lose early, fall apart as a team, continue last season's implosion, and quit on Rex again.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    1. The schedule is difficult early, can easily create a 2-5 start and feed the sleeping mess from last season, team falls apart, doesn't fight it out at the end. The running order means something.

2. If you go by last year's team that beat no one with a winning record and was a hair over .500 against the scrubs, it adds up to 7-9 or 6-10.

I've got 'em at 5-11 because of the personnel and the timing. I don't think they've improved overall, I think they lose early, fall apart as a team, continue last season's implosion, and quit on Rex again.

SAR I
    Fair enough ... I see them as vastly improved on Defense ... I have them at 9-7... Possibly 11-5.
    Last edited by Dunnie; 09-06-2012 at 08:11 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Defensive line
    Secondary
    I think we might even add Linebackers to that list with Scott and pace being in contract years and Davis having possibilities.

How is that not better?

Hunter is gone. How is that not and instant upgrade?