Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: According to Don Banks, our ceiling is 7 wins...

I kind of like that the Bills are getting all the love by the media. Every so called expert thinks we will flop big time. The defense will win 7 games. Will the offense be able to win 3????? I guess we will see.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    Says the guy with almost 20k posts?
    PK is one of the best posters on this site.

TX has 50,000 posts, 95% of which are the same canned response, repeated over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    I swear to God that if the Jets play as well as I expect this year, I will run my mouth like never before.
    You and me both. So a MUCH improved team from last year that went 8-8 on a harder schedule. Has a ceiling of 7 wins lol. Our Ceiling is 13-3 I will admit our basement is likely 6 wins. That is if we start Tebow 9 games like people seem to think we will.

All Pro
    My only solace is that I actually think the Jets will be good this year, which provides the ultimate oppurtunity to shut people up. I just hope we come out and play inspired football on Sunday. Nothing cures all like a win.

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    The Jets weren't lucky or unlucky last year.

We were +14 in point differential and finished 8-8. That's how it's supposed to work.

The Dolphins were +16 and finished 6-10. They were very unlucky.

The Broncos were -81 and finished 8-8. They were one of the luckiest teams in NFL history.

Also very lucky? The Oakland Raiders. -74 in point differential, but finished 8-8.

The 5-11 Redskins were -79
    The 4-12 Browns were -89
    The 5-11 Jaguars were -86

That's where the Broncos and Raiders should have finished. The Broncos won 3 overtime games and 3 more games by 4 points or less. They won 1 game all year by more than a touchdown. That's some extreme luck.

The Jets were an inconsistent team. We won 5 games by more than 2 touchdowns. We lost 4 games by more than 2 touchdowns.

We were 2-2 in games decided by 4 points or less. We recovered an abnormally low % of fumbles. We had an abnormally high number of our offensive turnovers returned for touchdowns. Opposing FG kickers didn't miss a kick against us all year. That's the bad luck.

The good luck came against the Cowboys and the Bills.

Why should the Chargers have won that game? We outgained them by more than 50 yards, had 9 more first downs, and turnovers were even.
    great post, thank you....

Finally some fact and reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    My av isn't politically motivated. I just love beer, and apparently so does he. And I think that's cool.
    Wasn't implying in any way that it was.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Well, at least all the power rankings this week have been consistent.

Jets ranked 22-25 with the Bills ahead of them in everyone.
    Good thing they'll still actually play the games, and not just simulate them in Madden 2013, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    You and me both. So a MUCH improved team from last year that went 8-8 on a harder schedule. Has a ceiling of 7 wins lol. Our Ceiling is 13-3 I will admit our basement is likely 6 wins. That is if we start Tebow 9 games like people seem to think we will.
    Forget Tebow or Sanchez. No QB in the leauge could win 13 with this team. High ceiling 9 or 10 low 5 or 6. I am hoping for the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Nothing cures all like a win.
    true but if we win because of defense and the offense struggles it will cure nothing

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sect313 View Post
    true but if we win because of defense and the offense struggles it will cure nothing
    Depends on what you mean by "struggle."

If the offense is mediocre, it will cure a bit (i.e., if we score some touchdowns and don't go 3 and out ten times.)

If the offense looks like it did most of the preseason, we aren't winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    Forget Tebow or Sanchez. No QB in the leauge could win 13 with this team. High ceiling 9 or 10 low 5 or 6. I am hoping for the former.
    Really No QB in the league can win 13 games with one of the best D in the game. Remind me what has Balt done over the last decade with much less talent on O! Or Chicago for that matter.

what an idiot, we understand that writers have to say some 'flamboyant" thiings
    to get peoples attention but that is ridiculous. the jets ceiling is more like 13 wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    The Bills are a media creation.

You know that.
    what are you referring to, the rankings have the bills in the bottom 1/3 way behind the jets.

Looking at the schedule, we'll have 9-10 wins pretty easily.

If NEs oline plays like they have been, I don't see why we couldn't split the series with them, so that would put us at 10-11 wins. And don't give me crap about NEs passing game being unbeatable. Teams have shown the way to beat Brady is the pass rush (which we seem to have now).

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    what are you referring to, the rankings have the bills in the bottom 1/3 way behind the jets.
    I am reffering to over half of ESPN analysts in their season preview picking the Bills to make the playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    You are just a cup half empty kind of guy trying to find losses in games we won. I could be super OPTIMISTIC and say we could have been 11-5 last year with a couple of breaks.

Jets had the Giants against the ropes before the Victor Cruz play. We were killing the Broncos but got unlucky on a late drive by Tebow. And despite being in the middle of a collapse we only lost to miami by 2 to close out the season.
    Cruz was not a lucky play, it was the deficiencies in our personnel that caused that long td.

If we were killing the Broncos we would have been up by 3 scores before the fateful drive.

Tony Romo handed us a game, the chargers had a huge lead and rivers handed us the game, buffalo had an open guy for the inning score and he flat out dropped it. Watching the Jets last year they played about 4 really good games, a few decent games and looked mediocre in a lot of them. We were exposed in a number of areas that they have since tried to fix.

We will see how we do this year but the jets play of last year and in the ex season on offense earns them a lot of doubt. You earn confidence with success, you earn doubt with a lack of success, it is as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Looking at the schedule, we'll have 9-10 wins pretty easily.

If NEs oline plays like they have been, I don't see why we couldn't split the series with them, so that would put us at 10-11 wins. And don't give me crap about NEs passing game being unbeatable. Teams have shown the way to beat Brady is the pass rush (which we seem to have now).
    We should have 9 to 10 wins easily but we seem to play down to some teams levels each year.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post

So a MUCH improved team from last year that went 8-8 on a harder schedule. Has a ceiling of 7 wins lol. Our Ceiling is 13-3
    Exactly where are the Jets "much improved" from last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    The jets were fabulously lucky to be 8-8 last year. Dallas gave us a game, Buffalo dropped an easy td pass to beat us we should have lost to the chargers. The Jets were very very lucky to be 8-5 before the collapse. Now I don't share Banks's lack of enthusiasm but I don;t see how anyone cannot share the media and the rest of the leagues though that our offense potentially blows.
    We should have won the denver game and the oakland game too. Goes both ways.

Seven wins is a fair ceiling if you think the OL problem still hasn't been solved yet and Sanchez will be running for his life all year.

If you think the Jets have at least an adequate RT between Smith and Howard, then the offense should be much improved over last season. And the defense will be wicked, no doubt. In that case I can't see how one would believe the team will win less than 10 games.