Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 75

Thread: According to Don Banks, our ceiling is 7 wins...

  1. #1
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    245
    Post Thanks / Like

    According to Don Banks, our ceiling is 7 wins...

    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...&sct=hp_t11_a0

    If the Jets win Sunday, how many spots do they jump up? What's interesting is that the Defense gets better, the offense remains static (I don't count losing Plaxico as a regression), therefore they take a step backwards? It's amazing how much the end of last season has stuck in people's minds causing them to completely forget about the first 9 games. Google "Recency Bias." Pervasive across morons everywhere.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, at least all the power rankings this week have been consistent.

    Jets ranked 22-25 with the Bills ahead of them in everyone.

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,613
    Post Thanks / Like
    cool, guess we can stop watching after the jets get their 7th win...

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,432
    Post Thanks / Like
    I swear to God that if the Jets play as well as I expect this year, I will run my mouth like never before.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    I swear to God that if the Jets play as well as I expect this year, I will run my mouth like never before.
    Rex Jr.?

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,635
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Well, at least all the power rankings this week have been consistent.

    Jets ranked 22-25 with the Bills ahead of them in everyone.
    But they still have to play the game on the field. The ball bounces in funny ways. Jets by 3.

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,607
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    I swear to God that if the Jets play as well as I expect this year, I will run my mouth like never before.
    +1

    I really hope with every fiber of my being this team shuts everyone up.

    7 wins? really?????

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,831
    Post Thanks / Like

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    E'Ville
    Posts
    1,236
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    I swear to God that if the Jets play as well as I expect this year, I will run my mouth like never before.
    +1

    Only time will tell, but I'm confident our ceiling is not 7 wins. I'd say our floor is 6 wins

  10. #10
    Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,118
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex needs to print out these predictions and put them on everyone's locker.

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,432
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    +1

    Only time will tell, but I'm confident our ceiling is not 7 wins. I'd say our floor is 6 wins
    We are winning 10 this year. And I RARELY make predictions.

  12. #12
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,154
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Rex needs to print out these predictions and put them on everyone's locker.
    I hope not. Then they'll only win 6.

    SAR I

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,444
    Post Thanks / Like
    These writers should look at our schedule of opponents before making comments like that. Not exactly a murderer's row. We could get to 7 wins just by beating bad to terrible teams

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    These writers should look at our schedule of opponents before making comments like that. Not exactly a murderer's row. We could get to 7 wins just by beating bad to terrible teams
    Those "bad and terrible" teams are looking at the Jets and chalking it up as a win.

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    8,129
    Post Thanks / Like
    Meh. The only odds that matter are ones you can bet on. Otherwise it's just some pencil neck trying to get headlines. I think the vegas odds are like Jets 8.5 and Bills 7ish? Someone would have to check on that though.

    If Don Banks wants to let me bet him $5,000 over on 7 wins (which is their ceiling after all) I'd do that in 5 seconds.
    Last edited by Carlton; 09-05-2012 at 03:26 PM.

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,531
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who is Don Banks??? Nostradamus??????? lol Ask him what is tonights powerball numbers while you are at it.



    Quote Originally Posted by bjetsb View Post
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...&sct=hp_t11_a0

    If the Jets win Sunday, how many spots do they jump up? What's interesting is that the Defense gets better, the offense remains static (I don't count losing Plaxico as a regression), therefore they take a step backwards? It's amazing how much the end of last season has stuck in people's minds causing them to completely forget about the first 9 games. Google "Recency Bias." Pervasive across morons everywhere.

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    8,129
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Those "bad and terrible" teams are looking at the Jets and chalking it up as a win.
    Hahahahaha. Don't leak your sources to the board!

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    20,736
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bjetsb View Post
    If the Jets win Sunday, how many spots do they jump up? What's interesting is that the Defense gets better, the offense remains static (I don't count losing Plaxico as a regression), therefore they take a step backwards? It's amazing how much the end of last season has stuck in people's minds causing them to completely forget about the first 9 games. Google "Recency Bias." Pervasive across morons everywhere.
    The jets were fabulously lucky to be 8-8 last year. Dallas gave us a game, Buffalo dropped an easy td pass to beat us we should have lost to the chargers. The Jets were very very lucky to be 8-5 before the collapse. Now I don't share Banks's lack of enthusiasm but I don;t see how anyone cannot share the media and the rest of the leagues though that our offense potentially blows.

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,531
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL I hope everyone is already chalking the Jets up as a win!


    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    Hahahahaha. Don't leak your sources to the board!

  20. #20
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,020
    Post Thanks / Like
    Weren't the Jets in top 2 or 3 at some point last year in the SI power rankings? These media people are retarded. Jets blowout the Bills in week one and this clown will jump on the bandwagon and have us ranked in the top 10.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us