Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dear Santonio, please STFU. Thks #Jets Fans

Dear Santonio, please STFU. Thks #Jets Fans

The only thing worse than Tebow Media is listening to Holmes run his yap. The things we tolerate for this team.

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/jetsbl...Qg22KQIYJs7KVN

Tone can come off as an idiot/jerk most of the time, but i have no problem with anything he said here.

basically saying that the Tebow trade was a huge wake-up call for Sanchez and that he has stepped up his game and focus ever since. nothing wrong with that.

All League
    Charter JI Member

And this from a guy who is already on record this year about his issues with the media blowing things out of proportion and taking things out of context.

Of course no one ever accused Santonio of being smart.

I think Cromartie running his mouth is pretty bad too.

All League
    Sign Braylon???

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    Tone can come off as an idiot/jerk most of the time, but i have no problem with anything he said here.

basically saying that the Tebow trade was a huge wake-up call for Sanchez and that he has stepped up his game and focus ever since. nothing wrong with that.
    The sentiment is fine, understandable.... even coming from this miscreant.

But havent we had enough of teamates commenting on other teamates? Allowing the press into their world?

Stfu already.

Who is in charge in this Gawd forsaken organization?

What happened to doing your talking...on the field.

-

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelForbin View Post
    The only thing worse than Tebow Media is listening to Holmes run his yap. The things we tolerate for this team.

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/jetsbl...Qg22KQIYJs7KVN
    WE TOLERATE.....how about Woody Rex and Tanny.

It comes from lack of REAL leadership. Coach has diareah of the mouth...what are we to expect?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post

But havent we had enough of teamates commenting on other teamates? Allowing the press into their world?

Stfu already.

-
    Dont all players talk about their team mates? If the media asks them a question about how mark is playing, he's gonna give his opinion. I feel like this is just a normal interview

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    Dont all players talk about their team mates? If the media asks them a question about how mark is playing, he's gonna give his opinion. I feel like this is just a normal interview
    ok, nevermind

-

Veteran
    Not in NE or here under mangini.

There's some things that you can talk about, but there's other things that are off limits. One thing you definitely don't talk about is private conversations that you've had.

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post

Stfu already.

-
    Meh.

I feel like here Tone was very clearly supporting Sanchez, saying how he was the main reason for re-signing with the Jets, how he told Mark that the jets were his team and he should not worry about Tebow, and how hard he has worked to become a better player and leader.

if people want to spin it in any other way because Tone ain't the most eloquent feller, so be it. but I can't be mad when a guy talks to the media in support of his teammate.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Meh.

I feel like here Tone was very clearly supporting Sanchez, saying how he was the main reason for re-signing with the Jets, how he told Mark that the jets were his team and he should not worry about Tebow, and how hard he has worked to become a better player and leader.

if people want to spin it in any other way because Tone ain't the most eloquent feller, so be it. but I can't be mad when a guy talks to the media in support of his teammate.
    Fair enough. Just wish they would all stfu until they did something.

Ya hear me?

Meh.

Great way to look at it, Holmes was just being Holmes, and he really meant to support Sanchez.

Then again, when a freaking pit bull mauls a person to death, well, they were just being a pit bull and trying to be friendly. And when a freaking pedophile goes after a little kid, well, they were just trying to be affectionate.

It doesn't matter that he was trying to support Sanchez when he says this:

"I think since Day 1 it was a focus that kind of rattled him a little," Holmes said. "I use that word to say that, 'Wow, how did this happen?' Those were words that came out of his mouth. I think he understands now that his role is to be the New York Jets starting quarterback and Tebow is here to help us win as many games as he can help us win."

When asked if Sanchez actually said "Wow, how did this happen?" Holmes said, "it came off that way."

he's frakking idiot who needs to learn to shut his frakking mouth since he's entirely too stupid to understand what is ok to talk about / say to the media, and what isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Great way to look at it, Holmes was just being Holmes, and he really meant to support Sanchez.

Then again, when a freaking pit bull mauls a person to death, well, they were just being a pit bull and trying to be friendly. And when a freaking pedophile goes after a little kid, well, they were just trying to be affectionate.

It doesn't matter that he was trying to support Sanchez when he says this:
    Those are the worst analogies

He was supporting Sanchez.
    Don't buy into media hype

It is also good to hear that Sanchez confided in Holmes
    You want your qb and #1 wr to have a good relationship

Just everyone wait, sanchez and Holmes will prove all the nay Sayers wrong

I wishy woody would have stfu about "..never enought tebow..."

As long as he keeps getting JAs like Shotty and Hunter sent to SL he can say what ever he wants IMO. He is our MVP for his good works as far as I'm concerned. Now if he ***** slaps Conner I say give him a raise. I could care less what he says off the field.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Screw Obama vs. Romney...I want 2 hours of debate between Cromartie and Holmes. You could charge $100 for that Pay Per View event and I'd be the first to pay up!

Thing only worse then the media blowing things out of proportion is you guys blowing things out of proportion. Wait till sunday before you claim us the laughing stock of the nfl.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    Those are the worst analogies

He was supporting Sanchez.
    Don't buy into media hype

It is also good to hear that Sanchez confided in Holmes
    You want your qb and #1 wr to have a good relationship

Just everyone wait, sanchez and Holmes will prove all the nay Sayers wrong

I wishy woody would have stfu about "..never enought tebow..."

You are missing the plot of the argument. It doesn't matter that Holmes was supporting Sanchez. I mean, it's good that he was, but still, he said **** that he shouldn't have said. That's the problem.

The funny thing is that I actually think that Holmes means well most the time. It's not that he's misunderstood, rather, it's that he does stupid **** that causes problems.

BTW, your statement is kind of evidence of why this is a problem. You said that it's good to hear that Sanchez confided in Holmes. What did Holmes do ? He just told the media what Sanchez said to him when he confided in him.

If you were Sanchez, would you EVER confide in Holmes again after this ? Hell no !!

I don't have a prob with any particular statement as I do with the abbynormal media hysteria. I can't imagine Sanchez saying, hey guys we need more media coverage and speculation. In Holmes case, there's just nothing that can come out of his mouth that can benefit anyone or help us win games, other than his catching the effing ball when it hits his hands. Holmes and TO have too much in common and not enough brains to know when to stfu.