Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's official: The DNC debacle

It's official: The DNC debacle

The Democrats broke ranks with every other DNC convention in memory by excluding any mentioning of God from their platform not affirming that Jerusalem is the capitol of Israel. And now it blows up in their face.

Dick Durbin went off on a reporter last night for even mentioning the omission; he was noteworthy in his aggressiveness, in fact. Now his own fellow Democrats are making him look like an idiot.

And not only that, but Thursday night's big outdoor "rain or shine" speech has been moved indoors, despite an improving forecast calling for only a 20% chance of rain - and no particular severe weather to speak of.

I've maintained that the evidence is clear that the Obama administration just makes it up as they go along. And this is only really going to start to hurt during, yes, crunch time - when a presidential campaign needs leadership and a plan most.

He's been toast for 9 months now, but it's only going to be glaringly obvious in a short time from now.
    Last edited by sackdance; 09-05-2012 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post
    The Democrats broke ranks with every other DNC convention in memory by excluding any mentioning of God from their platform not affirming that Jerusalem is the capitol of Israel. And now it blows up in their face.

Dick Durbin went off on a reporter last night for even mentioning the omission; he was noteworthy in his aggressiveness, in fact. Now his own fellow Democrats are making him look like an idiot.

And not only that, but Thursday night's big outdoor "rain or shine" speech has been moved indoors, despite an improving forecast calling for only a 20% chance of rain - and no particular severe weather to speak of.

I've maintained that the evidence is clear that the Obama administration just makes it up as they go along. And this is only really going to start to hurt during, yes, crunch time - when a presidential campaign needs leadership and a plan most.

He's been toast for 9 months now, but it's only going to be glaringly obvious in a short time from now.
    Barack Obama: Disinterested. Detached. Disorganized. Completely ill-suited for being the leader of any organization.

I was unaware the DNC Convention was actually a Church Meeting, and hence the appropriate locale for discussions of deep theology.

Silly me, I thought it was a propaganda-esque political rally for a political party.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Silly me, I thought it was a propaganda-esque political rally for a political party.

Naw.

It's a God-Off!

I love God more than that guy!
    NO!! We love God the most! We even did a motion!
    God is great. Gives us chocolate cake.

There is no way he would fill Bank Of America field, even if he bused in people.

Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyJet View Post
    Barack Obama: Disinterested. Detached. Disorganized. Completely ill-suited for being the leader of any organization.

He's one hell of community agitator though...

Quote Originally Posted by DeanPatsFan View Post
    He's one hell of community agitator though...
    Was that his first job?

Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan View Post
    There is no way he would fill Bank Of America field, even if he bused in people.
    0% chance of rain, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    I was unaware the DNC Convention was actually a Church Meeting, and hence the appropriate locale for discussions of deep theology.

Omit the the lord above or praise him.

Just don't do both, looks amateurish.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post
    Omit the the lord above or praise him.

Just don't do both, looks amateurish.
    Know what else looks amateurish?

Creating the entire universe and then to have a talking snake f*ck it up.

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post

Judgement Day. Consider yourself warned.

Veteran

That's kind of funny actually. I was raised Episcopalian, haven't gone to church in decades, not sure what I believe, I guess you could say I'm agnostic. But one thing I'm sure of, If a large segment of the population believe something, those that don't have NO right to tell them they can't talk about it. That's like the Jet's naysayers saying we should shut down JI because people have no right to believe they can win. Ok a little extreme, but that's how the dems often roll. I don't believe in guns no one should be allowed to have one. I believe in sharing the wealth, everyone should have to contribute. I don't believe in God no one should be able to mention it. etc.... The country was founded by and built by Christians, it's the base religion of the majority, it's a constitutional right. Why are these people now being demonized?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigFL View Post
    Why are these people now being demonized?
    Because they demonize people like you and I who aren't "true believers".

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

Because they demonize people like you and I who aren't "true believers".

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...
    Who's demonizing non believers?

I could not care less if you are a non believer. The only time any one demonizes you, is when you attack Christianity...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanPatsFan View Post
    Who's demonizing non believers?
    You must kill those who worship another god. Exodus 22:20

Kill any friends or family that worship a god that is different than your own. Deuteronomy 13:6-10

Kill all the inhabitants of any city where you find people that worship differently than you. Deuteronomy 13:12-16

Kill everyone who has religious views that are different than your own. Deuteronomy 17:2-7

Kill anyone who refuses to listen to a priest. Deuteronomy 17:12-13

Kill any false prophets. Deuteronomy 18:20

Any city that doesn’t receive the followers of Jesus will be destroyed in a manner even more savage than that of Sodom and Gomorrah. Mark 6:11

Jude reminds us that God destroys those who don’t believe in him. Jude 5

Don’t associate with non-Christians. Don’t receive them into your house or even exchange greeting with them. 2 John 1:10

Shun those who disagree with your religious views. Romans 16:17

Whoever denies “that Jesus is the Christ” is a liar and an anti-Christ. 1 John 2:22

Christians are “of God;” everyone else is wicked. 1 John 5:19

The non-Christian is “a deceiver and an anti-Christ” 2 John 1:7

Anyone who doesn’t share Paul’s beliefs has “an evil heart.” Hebrews 3:12

False Jews are members of “the synagogue of Satan.” Revelations 2:9, 3:9

All Pro
    So they've officially been debacled? Anyone tell Emmitt Smith?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    So they've officially been debacled?
    Still better than being degloved, IMO...

All Pro
    You must kill those who worship

*snip*
    Yup, another bangup cut n paste job ....

http://www.evilbible.com/BiblicalIntolerance.htm

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Yup, another bangup cut n paste job ....

http://www.evilbible.com/BiblicalIntolerance.htm
    Oh.

So it's wrong then.

I forgot.

The bible...just like the US Constitution...teaches acceptance of ALL faiths. I mean...even Jesus said "There are lots of way to God, you don't have to go through me. Be a good person. It doesn't matter what you believe..."

Your Holy Book is THE most intolerant piece of literature ever scripted.

All Pro
    Oh.

So it's wrong then.

I forgot.

The bible...just like the US Constitution...teaches acceptance of ALL faiths. I mean...even Jesus said "There are lots of way to God, you don't have to go through me. Be a good person. It doesn't matter what you believe..."

Your Holy Book is THE most intolerant piece of literature ever scripted.
    Sure kid. Pick up the Q'u'r'a'n' sometime if a tome o' intolerance you seek.

The Bible is not a spiritual menu akin to a 24 hr diner that claims to serve every dish known to man - it doesnt have to endorse or even tolerate your favorite perversities

In the meantime, go sue the guy who caused your head injury for all he's got - you should win a bundle