Thread: Curtis special on SNY...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Curtis special on SNY...

...is. terrific, should have posted this earlier, catch the replay on. 9/8 or 9/13

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Scan the board!

All Pro
    Dont worry

It's being replayed in 1 minute segments over the next month

Jets Insider VIP
    When does Freeman McNeil and John Riggins shows come on?

I was very disappointed to hear him repeatedly say how he didn't like football, didn't want to get drafted, and celebrated when he was finally able to retire.
    Last edited by Gastineau99; 09-06-2012 at 12:34 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    I was very disappointed to hear him repeatedly say how he didn't like football, didn't want to get drafted, and celebrated when he was finally able to retire.
    First of all, I didn't see the special. But this isn't a total surprise right?

Curtis has always seemed, to me, to be a guy for which football was a vehicle to bigger and better things. The fact is, he went to war for the Jets....he put himself out there, played hard, played smart, played hurt, and was a model citizen. That football happened to be something he was great at, but wasn't his favorite thing, is okay in my book.

Success in life comes down to figuring out the following, in my humble opinion:

1. There are things you're good at, things you have an aptitude for and that your mind and body are suited to doing well.

and...

2. There are things you like, things you enjoy.

Many of us aren't suited to be very successful at the things we love most....I'll never be a professional surfer....JStokes will never dunk a basketball as much as he'd like to ( ), etc.

The ability to marry the two things above, even if it's maybe the 2nd or 3rd thing you like most but the 1st or 2nd thing you're best at is what makes a successful career and life. Curtis found that he was really good at football, and that it would keep him out of trouble and reward him financially....and he gave it all he had even if it wasn't his favorite thing. It has now set him up to do the thing he wants to do. I respect and admire him for that. He never "mailed it in" or gave less than 100% effort in my eyes.

I tell my wife all the time, "we do what we have to do now so we can do what we want to do later".

Curtis Martin...my favorite Jet of all time. And it's not even close.

When you're born, life gives you a blank canvass. You accumulate paint and brushes as you grow older....then you just need to start painting the story of your life!
    Last edited by jetstream23; 09-06-2012 at 12:49 AM.

He's just telling it like it was. Thing that was great was how during induction week, his feelings changed. Not doing his words any kind of justice, will see if I can find a quote or vid somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    First of all, I didn't see the special. But this isn't a total surprise right?

Curtis has always seemed, to me, to be a guy for which football was a vehicle to bigger and better things. The fact is, he went to war for the Jets....he put himself out there, played hard, played smart, played hurt, and was a model citizen. That football happened to be something he was great at, but wasn't his favorite thing, is okay in my book.

Success in life comes down to figuring out the following, in my humble opinion:

1. There are things you're good at, things you have an aptitude for and that your mind and body are suited to doing well.

and...

2. There are things you like, things you enjoy.

Many of us aren't suited to be very successful at the things we love most....I'll never be a professional surfer....JStokes will never dunk a basketball as much as he'd like to ( ), etc.

The ability to marry the two things above, even if it's maybe the 2nd or 3rd thing you like most but the 1st or 2nd thing you're best at is what makes a successful career and life. Curtis found that he was really good at football, and that it would keep him out of trouble and reward him financially....and he gave it all he had even if it wasn't his favorite thing. It has now set him up to do the thing he wants to do. I respect and admire him for that. He never "mailed it in" or gave less than 100% effort in my eyes.

I tell my wife all the time, "we do what we have to do now so we can do what we want to do later".

Curtis Martin...my favorite Jet of all time. And it's not even close.

When you're born, life gives you a blank canvass. You accumulate paint and brushes as you grow older....then you just need to start painting the story of your life!
    That was beautiful. That last paragraph was great... even with misspelling "canvas."

Do you want to buy my authentic Curtis Martin jersey from 1998? I liked him, but he's not my favorite jet and I want to buy a new authentic, or a Chrebet.

Jets Insider VIP
    must be an age thing but I don't get the love for this guy.

Jets Insider VIP
    That was beautiful. That last paragraph was great... even with misspelling "canvas."

Do you want to buy my authentic Curtis Martin jersey from 1998? I liked him, but he's not my favorite jet and I want to buy a new authentic, or a Chrebet.
    Ha! Thanks....damn iPhone!

I already have a 28 authentic and will be wearing it at the stadium on Sunday. Hopping on a plane in an hour to fly back east for the game. Go Jets!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    When does Freeman McNeil and John Riggins shows come on?
    Savage?