Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Holmes: Tebow deal initially floored Sanchez

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Was the media involved in the trade that sent the 1st round pick and Super Bowl MVP to the Jets for a reeses peanut butter cup?
    And as usual all it takes is a few TD's & clutch catches and it's reeses peanut butter cups for everybody. Maybe it's because I don't believe for a second that Holmes wants trouble, all he wants to do is ball & win. He's got a SB ring & would love another, book it.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsMakeMeCry View Post
    is santonio literally brain dead?
    No, just the people who don't read what was said

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Limolady View Post
    Some of you do realize that the media only makes money for it's sponsors if it sensationalizes stories and everybody loves to hate a "bad guy." How guillable can some of you be?
    Please, this guy has only thought of one guy in the history of his life, and that is himself.

How gullible do YOU have to be to think that this guy is in any shape or form a decent/normal/functioning human being?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    And as usual all it takes is a few TD's & clutch catches and it's reeses peanut butter cups for everybody. Maybe it's because I don't believe for a second that Holmes wants trouble, all he wants to do is ball & win. He's got a SB ring & would love another, book it.

I don't see anyone saying that Holmes WANTS trouble. It's that he's frakking stupid idiot and doesn't understand the consequence of opening his frakking mouth.

It's like when your wife/GF asks "Does this outfit make me look fat" ? You DON'T ANSWER THAT QUESTION.

In this case, a brain dead ignorant receiver just violated the trust of his QB by telling the frakking media things that were said in a personal freaking conversation.

I don't care if Holmes had found Sanchez curled up in a fetal position, crying "Why, why, why? What did I do?" You don't relate that **** to the media.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The media doesn't force him to keep saying stupid ****. He is a complete f up that only cares about santonio. Always has and always will. He could have 4 tds in a game and would sulk like a ***** the next game if he felt he didn't get enough passes the next. Big mistake extending him. I'd take a bag of peanuts over him.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    I don't see anyone saying that Holmes WANTS trouble. It's that he's frakking stupid idiot and doesn't understand the consequence of opening his frakking mouth.

It's like when your wife/GF asks "Does this outfit make me look fat" ? You DON'T ANSWER THAT QUESTION.

In this case, a brain dead ignorant receiver just violated the trust of his QB by telling the frakking media things that were said in a personal freaking conversation.

I don't care if Holmes had found Sanchez curled up in a fetal position, crying "Why, why, why? What did I do?" You don't relate that **** to the media.
    4 days before the first game none the less. As if they don't have enough to deal with. Rex should ban him from talking to the media.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    Gullible enough to think this dumb ****ing uneducated brickhead mother ****ing retard will finally shut his ****ing mouth for once and for all. The mother ****er is dumb as ****ing ****. SHUT UP SANTONIO YOU DUMB ****
    This seems a bit excessive.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    He just doesn't get it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Those were in short supply last year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Please, this guy has only thought of one guy in the history of his life, and that is himself How gullible do YOU have to be to think that this guy is in any shape or form a decent/normal/functioning human being?
    Make no mistake, Holmes is far from normal functioning. Hes an NFL player with a SB ring, MVP award and can catch. You have to be an extrordinary athlete & a little crazy to do what they do for a living.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Those were in short supply last year.
    Because he's not a number 1 wr. This guy hopefully gets cut after this year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Make no mistake, Holmes is far from normal functioning. Hes an NFL player with a SB ring, MVP award and can catch. You have to be an extrordinary athlete & a little crazy to do what they do for a living.
    All fair points.

However there are other athletes in similar situations who don't constantly make you shake your head based on their actions.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    Because he's not a number 1 wr. This guy hopefully gets cut after this year.
    Do the Jets take a cap hit if they cut Holmes after this season? If so he absolutely needs to be cut even if he catches 1,000 yards and 10 tds. Guy is so up and down and a headcase it sucks that he has a whale of a contract.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Do the Jets take a cap hit if they cut Holmes after this season? If so he absolutely needs to be cut even if he catches 1,000 yards and 10 tds. Guy is so up and down and a headcase it sucks that he has a whale of a contract.
    Trade him for Harvin and if we have to take a cap hit, so be it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    this is what Holmes said:

- Sanchez was shocked by the Tebow trade (so was the rest of the planet)

- Holmes and Rex both support Sanchez as the starting QB and team leader, Tebow is seen as a role player not a replacement (positive)

- Tebow trade lit a fire under Sanchez who has stepped his game up both on and off the field (positive)

- Tone is a firm believer in Sanchez's potential, young QB was a big reason why he stayed with Jets (positive)

- he now realizes that he's a veteran leader of this team and can't demand other guys step up if he doesn't do it himself (positive)

I guess I don't get the outrage

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trade him for Harvin and if we have to take a cap hit, so be it.
    How bout we trade Tebow for a bag of chips b/c that will be his fair market value after this season.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    How bout we trade Tebow for a bag of chips b/c that will be his fair market value after this season.
    Don't see where Tebow has anything to do with the discussion. Kind of funny how people complain about all the "tebow, tebow, tebow", and talk about how so many threads end up talking about Tebow, yet here you are, in a Santonio Holmes thread, and what do you do ? Inject Tebow into the discussion.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    this is what Holmes said:

- Sanchez was shocked by the Tebow trade (so was the rest of the planet)

- Holmes and Rex both support Sanchez as the starting QB and team leader, Tebow is seen as a role player not a replacement (positive)

- Tebow trade lit a fire under Sanchez who has stepped his game up both on and off the field (positive)

- Tone is a firm believer in Sanchez's potential, young QB was a big reason why he stayed with Jets (positive)

- he now realizes that he's a veteran leader of this team and can't demand other guys step up if he doesn't do it himself (positive)

I guess I don't get the outrage
    Seems that you left out or glossed over this part:

"I think since Day 1 it was a focus that kind of rattled him a little," the veteran wide receiver said. "I use that word only to say that, 'Wow, how did this happen?' Those were words that came out of his mouth."

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't see where Tebow has anything to do with the discussion. Kind of funny how people complain about all the "tebow, tebow, tebow", and talk about how so many threads end up talking about Tebow, yet here you are, in a Santonio Holmes thread, and what do you do ? Inject Tebow into the discussion.
    What are you talking about "injecting"? Tebow's name is in the thread title and Santonio was commenting on that stupid trade and how it affected Sanchez.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    What are you talking about "injecting"? Tebow's name is in the thread title and Santonio was commenting on that stupid trade and how it affected Sanchez.
    Replied via PM as to not sidetrack things.