Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Holmes: Tebow deal initially floored Sanchez

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    UMMMM..It floored me too..who cares..

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Some leader huh. What a freakin douche this guy is.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Don't see where Tebow has anything to do with the discussion. Kind of funny how people complain about all the "tebow, tebow, tebow", and talk about how so many threads end up talking about Tebow, yet here you are, in a Santonio Holmes thread, and what do you do ? Inject Tebow into the discussion.
    please stop complaining about people complaining about tebow-- nobody cares. thanks

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seems that you left out or glossed over this part:
    Or maybe I covered it in the first point: Sanchez was shocked by the Tebow trade.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    Or maybe I covered it in the first point: Sanchez was shocked by the Tebow trade.
    Your synopsis leaves out the fact that Sanchez obviously confided in Holmes, and Holmes, obviously, relayed what Sanchez said to the media. Most people understand that you just don't do that.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Limolady View Post
    Some of you do realize that the media only makes money for it's sponsors if it sensationalizes stories and everybody loves to hate a "bad guy." How guillable can some of you be?
    Sorry, anyone that pats 'Tone' on the head and ignores his act is the gullable one.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ridiculous. More chicken littles crying out for attention. I don't see how this affects the Jets in the slightest, and I definitely don't see how this makes Santonio seem selfish. I seriously don't see how you guys make it through the day, unless you just keep yourselves locked in your rooms screaming at the computer screen all day. Mark should have been shocked by the trade, and Santonio conveyed to him the truth that Tebow was just there to compliment his offense. Only the media and you people seem to be making any more out of this than that. Please stop drinking too much Bosco, and remember to take the meds the Dr prescribed you.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Ridiculous. More chicken littles crying out for attention. I don't see how this affects the Jets in the slightest, and I definitely don't see how this makes Santonio seem selfish. I seriously don't see how you guys make it through the day, unless you just keep yourselves locked in your rooms screaming at the computer screen all day. Mark should have been shocked by the trade, and Santonio conveyed to him the truth that Tebow was just there to compliment his offense. Only the media and you people seem to be making any more out of this than that. Please stop drinking too much Bosco, and remember to take the meds the Dr prescribed you.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post

And again, it's not that Mark shouldn't have been shocked, or that Santonio told him that Tebow was there to compliment his offense.

It's that Santonio TOLD THE FREAKING PRESS and relayed Sanchez's comments to the press.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    We're about 8 episodes into MTV's new series, "The Tebow World: New York Media Obsessions"

I'm not sure how it will end (partially because the Jets have yet to play a single regular season game) but I'm highly confident that ESPN, the Daily News, the Post and others will find a way to manufacture drama and build suspense....even where it does not exist.

Spoiler alert: They kill off Bobby Ewing but bring him back at the end of the season in a shirtless Tebow shower dream sequence!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was floored by this deal too.Granted Mark Sanchez wasn't the best quarterback in the NFL but hes certainly a better quarterback in Tim Tebow. this amazing nonstory is getting blown up by the media and it's about time Santonio stood up for Mark. we don't have much to worry about because they will be talking about how big the giant loss was tonight and they won't even focus on the Jets until they beat the crap out of the bills.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh and I would be remiss if I didn't say Tebow sucks

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Limolady View Post
    Make no mistake, Holmes is far from normal functioning. Hes an NFL player with a SB ring, MVP award and can catch. You have to be an extrordinary athlete & a little crazy to do what they do for a living.
    You don't have to be a little crazy to play football, just fearless. There are 150-175 other WRs in the nfl that do what he does for a living. The guy does not know what being a teammate means even after playing ball for 16 years.

He has been asked by the team not to speak so freely to the media, but continues to do so. When the trade was made, I thought Rex could keep him in line, but every time this guy opens his mouth it is something that causes me to believe I was wrong.

Why this guy continues to talk to the media is beyond me.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJet View Post
    I was floored by this deal too.Granted Mark Sanchez wasn't the best quarterback in the NFL but hes certainly a better quarterback in Tim Tebow. this amazing nonstory is getting blown up by the media and it's about time Santonio stood up for Mark. we don't have much to worry about because they will be talking about how big the giant loss was tonight and they won't even focus on the Jets until they beat the crap out of the bills.
    The story is not that Sanchez was floored, it was that Holmes spoke to the media about a private conversation that they had regarding it. Sanchez has spoken out about the trade in the past, why does Holmes need to add his take to the story by violating a private conversation?

How this controversy dies is by the parties involved not talking about it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Some leader huh. What a freakin douche this guy is.
    This is the only story here....

Anyone who is "shocked" that Sanchez was "shocked" doesnt have a clue.

But for holmes to tell this story, 3 days before the opener, for no reason, is just absurd. What an awful teammate.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post

But for holmes to tell this story, 3 days before the opener, for no reason, is just absurd. What an awful teammate.
    Someone finally gets it!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

... And from above came a beam of shining light tearing through the darkness of ignorance ... And a voice could be heard proclaiming this beam as a beacon of intelligence .... Holmes was nowhere to be found.
    Last edited by Dunnie; 09-06-2012 at 08:07 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

But the story is no big deal. The story that Sanchez wasn't shocked is just not believable. So now we know he was shacked then got over it. My God. End of the world time. Oh no. Santonio let the big secret out of the bag. Mark was shocked. Now everybody knows. Then they got over it together, and they have his back. Oh no. What a douche.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Seems that you left out or glossed over this part:
    Perhaps you should read the entire article.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

"I think since Day 1 it was a focus that kind of rattled him a little," the veteran wide receiver said. "I use that word only to say that, 'Wow, how did this happen?' Those were words that came out of his mouth."

Actually, Holmes made the comment in the context of a compliment, praising Sanchez for the way he has handled Tebow-Mania. Perhaps the most stunning aspect of the story is that Holmes, of all people, gave Sanchez a pep talk on that fateful day.

"I basically said to him, 'This is (your) team, you're the starting quarterback, Tebow is here to help us win games,'" said Holmes, claiming he was repeating what Rex Ryan had told him about the trade.

"Those were the exact words I gave to Mark, to give him a sense of security ..."

WOW! What a trouble maker!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsMakeMeCry View Post
    is santonio literally brain dead?
    Literally? No. Figuratively/cognitively, 100%.

Go thank Rex for allowing an idiot like Holmes to continue his undermining (whether a dunce like Holmes even knows he's doing it is another matter) of the team. Santonio: STFU.