Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Holmes: Tebow deal initially floored Sanchez

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    I agree that he's not the most eloquent guy, which facilitates the media cherry-picking his quotes and spinning it in a completely different direction.

but the concern that this will somehow affect the locker room 3 days before the opener is completely unfounded. Holmes clearly (tried to) conveyed his support of Sanchez and that the trade, while initially a shock to Mark, seems to have lit a spark that will make him a better leader and player.

IMHO, this is a much bigger deal to the fans and media than it is to the Jets.
    Dirt, here's the problem--it DOES affect the locker room but not as how you think. The words don't affect the locker room. Sanchez isn't going to feel slighted. What he's likely going to feel is frustrated that Holmes "went there" with the media. NOW, the aholes like Cimini and Mehta are going to thrust microphones in Sanchez's and Tebow's faces and ask them questions about it.

That is a distraction. It may be just me, but it seems like some of the Jets players and even Rex are fed up with the media. Look at Rex's jab about the "negative comments," he was talking about the beat writers. Holmes has already chimed in about the negative stories. We had Hill have to defend Rex's comments about him because the media spun Rex's joke as a jab at Hill. Then we have Hunter calling the NY media sharks (not just the fans). Do we really believe Hunter was alone in his thinking?

Ultimately, it's no big deal in the long run, but it does create more negative spin against the Jets which the Jets players will be forced to address.

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Dirt, here's the problem--it DOES affect the locker room but not as how you think. The words don't affect the locker room. Sanchez isn't going to feel slighted. What he's likely going to feel is frustrated that Holmes "went there" with the media. NOW, the aholes like Cimini and Mehta are going to thrust microphones in Sanchez's and Tebow's faces and ask them questions about it.

That is a distraction. It may be just me, but it seems like some of the Jets players and even Rex are fed up with the media. Look at Rex's jab about the "negative comments," he was talking about the beat writers. Holmes has already chimed in about the negative stories. We had Hill have to defend Rex's comments about him because the media spun Rex's joke as a jab at Hill. Then we have Hunter calling the NY media sharks (not just the fans). Do we really believe Hunter was alone in his thinking?

Ultimately, it's no big deal in the long run, but it does create more negative spin against the Jets which the Jets players will be forced to address.
    Yeah, the NY media is about to kill the golden goose. The Jets are starting to restrict media access at practice and Rex and the players are becoming more apprehensive about saying anything to them.

It's a very good point you made about Hunter. We ripped him for it the other day, but the locker room is probably full of guys with that same attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Your synopsis leaves out the fact that Sanchez obviously confided in Holmes, and Holmes, obviously, relayed what Sanchez said to the media.
    I think it's ironic that Holmes feels he can share personal conversations with the media, but the poster who had dinner with Holmes (sorry, can't remember his name) didn't feel like he could share details of that conversation with us.

I think it is now officially time to spill...

Quote Originally Posted by MykePM View Post
    I think it's ironic that Holmes feels he can share personal conversations with the media, but the poster who had dinner with Holmes (sorry, can't remember his name) didn't feel like he could share details of that conversation with us.

Had forgotten about that. Good catch

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by MykePM View Post

You mean this guy? millsan1

I agree. Holmes has waived his "privacy" agreement imo.