Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dems have hard time adding God to platform with multiple votes

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Theres a Star named after my dad too. Cost me $75 at the international star registry.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    Mitt Romney made the Jerusalem statement first...
    Was he talking about Old Jerusalem or New Jerusalem?

Wow I actually listened to the whole thing. That was 9 minutes of my life I'll never get back. He finally comes around to making his point in the last 40 seconds of the video. He stated that Muslims essentially don't contribute to the scientific community because of there religiousness. Then the counterpoint he makes is that Jews that are a tiny spec of the worlds population have over 25% of all Nobel science prizes. Therefore the cause of Muslims decline in scientific study is their embrace of G-D? Odd point to make when his comparable are Jews. Pretty weak argument. I think contributions to science come out of countries that are first world and have the technologies and facilities in place to promote research. I'm not sure what religion has to do with it. Also I don't equate belief in G-d with any particular religion. Many of the founders of this country were Deists. They believed strongly in a higher power but did not necessarily embrace a particular religion or dogma.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    Wow I actually listened to the whole thing. That was 9 minutes of my life I'll never get back. He finally comes around to making his point in the last 40 seconds of the video. He stated that Muslims essentially don't contribute to the scientific community because of there religiousness. Then the counterpoint he makes is that Jews that are a tiny spec of the worlds population have over 25% of all Nobel science prizes. Therefore the cause of Muslims decline in scientific study is their embrace of G-D? Odd point to make when his comparable are Jews. Pretty weak argument. I think contributions to science come out of countries that are first world and have the technologies and facilities in place to promote research. I'm not sure what religion has to do with it. Also I don't equate belief in G-d with any particular religion. Many of the founders of this country were Deists. They believed strongly in a higher power but did not necessarily embrace a particular religion or dogma.
    Ah.

I see you completely missed the point.

Fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    God belongs in Church.

Rational fact-based policy belongs in Politics.

+ 1million

Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    Let's be honest here, the jeering had nothing to do with the God or Jerusalem statements at face value. It was completely based on partisan politics.

Mitt Romney made the Jerusalem statement first, and he was criticized for it by Democrats. They can't be associated with making the same statement as the other side. Party above all else.
    I'm not sure I agree here. We know from University Campuses that a large portion of the Progressive left is hostile towards Israel in general. Our own resident leftist Kennyo would likely agree. The Boycot Divest, Sanction movement comes out of that crowd. Those people are a small but active core part of the new D party and they want a voice. The Jerusalem reference being removed was a direct result of the progressive left's push for more recognition of their value system within the D party. They were not happy when the language was put back in to their party's platform.

Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    The dems - hate God, hate Jews. What a platform.
    You forgot they also hate America, Apple Pie, Hulk Hogan, flowers, children and puppy dogs too

Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    You forgot they also hate America, Apple Pie, Hulk Hogan, flowers, children and puppy dogs too
    Wait, wut?

There are people who hate HULK HOGAN????

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    I'm not sure I agree here. We know from University Campuses that a large portion of the Progressive left is hostile towards Israel in general. Our own resident leftist Kennyo would likely agree. The Boycot Divest, Sanction movement comes out of that crowd. Those people are a small but active core part of the new D party and they want a voice. The Jerusalem reference being removed was a direct result of the progressive left's push for more recognition of their value system within the D party. They were not happy when the language was put back in to their party's platform.
    Agree to disagree.

If Romney never makes the Jerusalem comment a few weeks back, this convention platform never even gets noticed, let alone jeered.

Ah, but they LOVE illegal aliens, legalizing drugs and condoms (lots of condoms). Plus free BC.
    Michellle Obama hates America (or did). She basically said it. "Never proud of this country until today" and " I never felt comfortable around white people". Of course Obama's parents hated the U.S. Attitudes follow from parents to child.

Jets Insider VIP
    Attitudes follow from parents to child.
    They do?

Ah, but they LOVE illegal aliens, legalizing drugs and condoms (lots of condoms). Plus free BC.
    Michellle Obama hates America (or did). She basically said it. "Never proud of this country until today" and " I never felt comfortable around white people". Of course Obama's parents hated the U.S. Attitudes follow from parents to child.
    Yes drugs should be legalized and BC should be covered by a national health care system. So what. I didnt realize you were against condoms. I guess you are one of the dingbats who still preach abstinence.

Yes drugs should be legalized and BC should be covered by a national health care system. So what. I didnt realize you were against condoms. I guess you are one of the dingbats who still preach abstinence.
    What an asisnine comment. We SHOULDN'T preach abstinence? Are we now at the point where we WANT our children having sex, as long as it's protected?

You can say it's a losing battle, but to call it a "dingbat" philosophy is the definition of the pot meeting the kettle . . .

Ken, are you capable of being reasonable enough to see that it's not "being against condoms", but "being against paying for condoms for others"?

They are not anywhere close to the same thing, after all.

Jets Insider VIP
    I guess you are one of the dingbats who still preach abstinence.
    Wow. What a disturbed human being.

Hey, doc, tell us, what is the ONLY, 100% effective, proven method of birth control for teens (and for anyone for that matter) with zero side effects?

What a world we live in where the only acceptable "preaching" allowed for our kids is, "Listen, little Susie, you're supposed to expect your neighbors to give you money so that you can put synthetic chemicals in your body so you can feel free to revel in some repercussion-free sex (maybe)" and admonish the guy who teaches his daughter about personal responsibility.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Ken, are you capable of being reasonable enough to see that it's not "being against condoms", but "being against paying for condoms for others"?

They are not anywhere close to the same thing, after all.
    I really don't understand why some people think we should pay for everything they want. If you're lucky enough to get laid why are you complaining about the buck it costs for a condom?

Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    What an asisnine comment. We SHOULDN'T preach abstinence? Are we now at the point where we WANT our children having sex, as long as it's protected?

You can say it's a losing battle, but to call it a "dingbat" philosophy is the definition of the pot meeting the kettle . . .
    Recognizing that god provided us and particularly the young with higher doses of hormones that greatly impact free will by creating a biological imperative for the survival of the species is not incompatible. Preach all you want and in addition to preaching actually protect.

Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Recognizing that god provided us and particularly the young with higher doses of hormones that greatly impact free will by creating a biological imperative for the survival of the species is not incompatible. Preach all you want and in addition to preaching actually protect.
    First of all, "preaching abstinence" IS the first line of protection -- if even one kid listens to you, he is infinitely more protected than the alternative.

The problem is people don't even want to go down that road. They START with "make sure you protect yourself". Yeah, that really seems to be working . . .

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    Yeah, that really seems to be working . . .
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-...historic-lows/

U.S. teen birth rates fall to historic lows

Teen births fell again in the United States to historic lows, according to a new government report.

The U.S. teen birth rate declined 9 percent from 2009 to 2010, falling to 34.3 births per 1,000 women aged 15-19, its lowest point since record-keeping began in 1940. Fewer babies were born to teens in 2010 than in any year since 1946.

Declines were registered across all racial and ethnic groups.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention previously reported that U.S. births by mothers of all ages had dropped in 2010 for the third straight year. Experts think the economy is a factor.

The CDC report on teenage mothers released Tuesday focused on state figures. There were declines in 47 states and the District of Columbia from 2007 to 2010, with the biggest drop in Arizona at 29 percent. Rates in Montana, North Dakota and West Virginia stayed about the same.

The highest rate once more was in Mississippi, with 55 births per 1,000 women aged 15-19, though its rate has also continued to fall, dropping 21 percent over three years.

New Hampshire has the lowest teen birth rate in the nation - just under 16.

Teen birth rates tend to be highest in the South and Southwest, lowest in the Northeast and Upper Midwest.
    ROFL!!!

They do?

Well, I understand your case. So you are an exception. based on your narrative perhaps with some cause. LOL