Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You have to feel bad for Isaako Aaitui

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Interesting that his agent would put it in. I can see why the Jets would want it in since he had a history.
    He probably had to put it in to get his client signed anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway Joe View Post
    On HardKnocks, didn't he get banged up on one of the last plays of the Dolphins / C'boys game.
    I think you are confusing him with the rookie from Boise St.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I would like to see how you would react to having to pack up your young family and move 1000 miles away.

It is part of the business. But that doesn't mean we aren't human beings.
    That's my business too. Pack your stuff, enjoy.

When you get paid the amount see guys do, it's not so bad.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    F 'em. I don't feel bad for him. I rarely feel bad for anyone.
    Ur hurting inside aren't u?

Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    Ur hurting inside aren't u?
    It burns.

Veteran
    This is the very reason I don't blame players who hold out. By the time MJD is 45 he will most likely be riddled with arthritis and have a hard time moving for long periods of time. Most still believe these guys can move onto careers in broadcast, but the reality is that career path was in new avenue over the past +/-8 years and has really become saturated. When you account for the stars, out of work coaches and senior executives who take those potions and the ability to renegotiate every year since a new crop of talent leaves the league, they really don't have a lot of options.

All Pro
    First of all, it's not sad in the least that he got cut from Miami.

He did not have to "pack up his family" because he didn't HAVE to do anything. He picked football as a career and he decided to seek employment with a team after Miami let him go. Nothing sad about that. He was being a big baby about it.

Tearing his knee to shreds on the 1st day of practice with the new team and missing out on the season IS sad and I feel for the guy. But the odds are, as a bottom of the roster player, he wasn't going to stick around here long anyway.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    First of all, it's not sad in the least that he got cut from Miami.

He did not have to "pack up his family" because he didn't HAVE to do anything. He picked football as a career and he decided to seek employment with a team after Miami let him go. Nothing sad about that. He was being a big baby about it.

Tearing his knee to shreds on the 1st day of practice with the new team and missing out on the season IS sad and I feel for the guy. But the odds are, as a bottom of the roster player, he wasn't going to stick around here long anyway.
    At least I wasn't the only one who saw it this way.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyan66 View Post
    This is the very reason I don't blame players who hold out. By the time MJD is 45 he will most likely be riddled with arthritis and have a hard time moving for long periods of time
    He could always ditch football and work as a Walmart greeter for $8 bucks an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    The NFLPA really should decertify. They are doing more harm than good for the players. In every negotiations, they get there hat handed to them by the owners.
    Hope the Jets voluntarily give the guy some cash to help him out. They did this before for a db named Henderson IIRC .

All League
    I feel terrible for the guy. Just when he began to think he possibly had a future and could make some decent money by being on an NFL roster, everything came crashing down during his first practice. Awful timing for him.
    Last edited by simijet; 09-06-2012 at 07:30 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Hope the Jets voluntarily give the guy some cash to help him out. They did this before for a db named Henderson IIRC .
    Jamie Henderson, he was a 4th round draft pick, played a few years then had a motorcycle accident one offseason, never played again if I recall. I think they made an injury settlement.

_

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    It burns.
    only when he pees, doe.