Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Jets Tweets & Info 9/6

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    If you want to be a ground and pound you need road grading guards. The TEs aren't that important for our style of running.
    Good thought - how do Moore and Slausson 'officially' grade out on the run? I've always thought of Moore as more of a passing-protecting guard - and wondered maybe thats why the Jets want to develop Ducasse so badly, for the guard spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    So we may be going into this game with Cumberland and Reuland as our only TE's.

Great. I'm stoked.
    Don't need them. Ground and pound is a BS distraction. This team is going to be passing the ball and running the Tebow option pass.

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    We might not be all that serious about being a run team. I think one thing we've learned over the past three years - What Rex says very often is not the truth.

Everyone is killing the Jets for going against the grain on this, maybe they're not...In all honestly their personell doesn't show run team, it shows pass more than anything else.

I was thinking kind of the same thing. Coaches have said "ground and pound" but the FO has not added personnel to fit that philosophy. We look more like a normal offense predicated on the pass (though without much WR experience).

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    Good thought - how do Moore and Slausson 'officially' grade out on the run? I've always thought of Moore as more of a passing-protecting guard - and wondered maybe thats why the Jets want to develop Ducasse so badly, for the guard spot.
    Moore was pretty good overall, run blocking and pass blocking. He's old now and has some surgery's so his run blocking isn't what it used to be. Slausen has always been better in pass blocking and not very good in the Run.

We saw a big hit to our run game when we lost faneca who couldn't passblock a lick but would still maul in the running game. Greene is an inside runner, and if we had some big powerful guards to go along with mangold in the middle Greene would be very effective.

Greene isn't fast enough to hit the edges consistently, and the kind of power running Rex and Sparano want to run is predicated on one gap running attack right up the gut of the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Nope but I will tell them when they have made an OBVIOUS error. Much like I told them two years ago that our safeties sucked. Much like I told them that RT was a massive problem that needed to be addressed last off season. Much like I told them that dumping Edwards and messing with our whole WR corp last year was a bad idea.

Don;t worry there are plenty of people to counteract the criticism threads with 'oh we rock, we iz awesome!, you are a terrible fan if you even question any move or non move we make!"
    I agree with this to some degree. I was totally against going into last season with Eric Smith as the seated with Leonhard. Didn't get that at all. You can live with Leonhard back there, but he has to be paired with an athletic safety like Rhodes (before w became a b*tch) or even Landry.

I was OK with Hubter being the starter going into last season, because he did very well filling in for Woody at the end of 2010, but there is no way he should have been given more money the job going into this training camp.

Coming out of the 2010 season, I said te main priority should have been to bring back Mark's weapons: Santonio and Braylon. It didn't look like it would be possible financially at first, but them when no one wanted Braylon, there was no excuse not to bring him back on the cheap, and even less of an excuse NOT to bring him back this year, at least to compete with Hill.

I agree that the Jets personnel decisions make me scratch my head at times. Why are we sitting at $8 mil under the cap right now, when we could have used that money to being in a stud edge rusher like Wimbley, or a RT like Winston?

Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    Josh Baker ‏@ShakeNbakes45

Surgery went great and there was less damage than originally thought. Thanks to the man above and to those who kept me in their prayers!
    Great news.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Do we know if Konrad Reuland can or can't block?

Are there any vet blocking TEs that maybe can be brought in after week 1?
    NFL HC Jim Harbaugh said his blocking needs improvement.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    Josh Baker ‏@ShakeNbakes45

Surgery went great and there was less damage than originally thought. Thanks to the man above and to those who kept me in their prayers!
    Great news!

I'm curious if the punk that jacked up Baker's knee ever tried to contact him to at least wish him well.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    Don't need them. Ground and pound is a BS distraction. This team is going to be passing the ball and running the Tebow option pass.
    I hope you're right. Because they aren't blocking TE's.