Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets Tweets & Info 9/6

Jets Tweets & Info 9/6

Chris Nimbley ‏@Cnimbley
    Rex says McKnight & Powell are tied for the number two back. McKnight still dealing with injuries.

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Rex: "Our football team is better than people think.... The circus thing is kind of a little old for me. Our record says otherwise"

Rex said he didn't sense Sanchez was "rattled" at first by Tebow trade like Santonio Holmes said yesterday

Jets RapidReports ‏@CBSSportsNFLNYJ
    Rex Ryan very pleased with RB Bilal Powell. Said he will get a lot of playing time, but no "clear cut" No. 2 between him and Joe McKnight.
    Last edited by C Mart; 09-06-2012 at 12:19 PM.

Dennis Waszak Jr. ‏@DWAZ73
    Rex says #Jets have always been high on Powell, and thought he could be replacement for LT last yr

Rex Ryan praises Bilal Powell's blocking prowess. Also praises RBs coach Anthony Lynn's evaluation coming out of college

Rex confirms that @_StephenHill_ will be #Jets' starter opposite Santonio Holmes at WR

Rex thinks Pouha will be limited layer in practice today. He doesn't think Keller is ready yet. "I'm still hopeful he'll play"

Rex Ryan rules Eric Smith out for Dunday vs Bills with knee/hip injuries #nyj

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post

Rex: "Our football team is better than people think.... The circus thing is kind of a little old for me. Our record says otherwise"
    Rex, that lives and dies with the way you handle yourself. You have complete control over that.

CMart, thanks for the info. As usual, great job.

According to Rex Ryan, WR Chaz Schilens "looks like he's near full speed." Schilens had first a hamstring and then an ankle injury.

Rex said he's tired of the "circus" perception of the team. Said opponents will take the #Jets seriously.

wonder how they're going to use TEs if keller can't play.

First day for new punter Robert Malone went well yesterday. Rex Ryan said his hang time avg was close to 4.8 seconds. Avgd 48 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    wonder how they're going to use TEs if keller can't play.
    Personally, I think that could lead us to go a little bit unconventional:

Hurt starting TE
    Excellent Buffalo pass rush/Dline
    Weaker Buffalo LBs/Run defense
    Very weak backup TE and very new 3rd TE

Why not play a lot of 6 Olineman with smith in there, along with Kerley, Hill and Holmes and 1 RB?

Would allow us to have a strong power running game, get 3 WRs out for passes (along with possibly a RB), and give sanchez some max protect schemes.

Hall Of Fame
    First day for new punter Robert Malone went well yesterday. Rex Ryan said his hang time avg was close to 4.8 seconds. Avgd 48 yards.
    Wow. Sounds very promising.

Would be great for us if he could translate that to the games.

Ground and pound team that had no blocking TE's and proceeded to not go out and get any blocking TE's in the off season.

Jets Insider VIP
    So we may be going into this game with Cumberland and Reuland as our only TE's.

Great. I'm stoked.

Hall Of Fame
    McKnight makes a comeback on the RB depth chart!!!

I am very excited about Joe this year. The extra 15 LBS that he added during the off season should really stand him in good stead this season

Jets Insider VIP
    Rex says #Jets have always been high on Powell, and thought he could be replacement for LT last yr
    I wonder if he said that with a straight face.

Veteran
    Hill is starting WR. Not bad.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Green + White View Post
    Hill is starting WR. Not bad.
    Well there really isnt any other options are there?

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Personally, I think that could lead us to go a little bit unconventional:

Hurt starting TE
    Excellent Buffalo pass rush/Dline
    Weaker Buffalo LBs/Run defense
    Very weak backup TE and very new 3rd TE

Why not play a lot of 6 Olineman with smith in there, along with Kerley, Hill and Holmes and 1 RB?

Would allow us to have a strong power running game, get 3 WRs out for passes (along with possibly a RB), and give sanchez some max protect schemes.

That's exactly how I'd handle it. Jason Smith at Jumbo TE.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post

Great. I'm stoked.
    Given the circumstances, I think we are going to see a lot of wildcat and some other unusual formations. The Bills D is best built to defend a traditional offense; I can't see us just lining up in a base set and letting Mo Williams and the Bills other DE just try to tee-off.

Playing a physical game is tough for a defense this early in the season and I expect the Jets to make Buffalo have to think and work hard. The Jets have to do their thing, of course, but this games doesn't scare me in the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post

Great. I'm stoked.
    and powell as the 3rd down back. it's a fantasy team's dream.

Man I would love to see Hill and Shillens/Gates on the outside with Holmes in the slot. It would be huge if those guys can step up on the outside to stretch the defenses and open up the run game and underneath routes for Keller, Holmes, Kerley and McKnight. I also want to see some screens to neutralize the pass rush. I really want to see what Mcknight, Kerley, and Gates can do in space.

Last night was interesting to see how Dallas went to the short passing game to neutralize the Gmen rush as they weren't moving the ball on the ground. End result, it opened up the run and play action. I also liked how the Gmen moved Bennett around to chip Ware.

Confident that Sparano is smart enough to find ways to manipulate the Defense and open things up for the personnel on the field. I felt Schotty tried to do stuff that was predictable or not working, and never leveraged the screens.

Hall Of Fame
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Rex said he has not looked ahead at the schedule. Said he didn't realize they play at Miami in Week 3. Thought that was a home game. #nyj

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Rex Ryan thought the Miami game in 2 weeks was home. So, there's that. #Jets