Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jets Tweets & Info 9/6

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Nope but I will tell them when they have made an OBVIOUS error. Much like I told them two years ago that our safeties sucked. Much like I told them that RT was a massive problem that needed to be addressed last off season. Much like I told them that dumping Edwards and messing with our whole WR corp last year was a bad idea.

Don;t worry there are plenty of people to counteract the criticism threads with 'oh we rock, we iz awesome!, you are a terrible fan if you even question any move or non move we make!"
    I don't understand why they didn't make more of an emphasis on this as well. A blocking TE is not that difficult to find. But they are crucial if we're serious in being a running-oriented team.

Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    I don't understand why they didn't make more of an emphasis on this as well. A blocking TE is not that difficult to find. But they are crucial if we're serious in being a running-oriented team.
    We might not be all that serious about being a run team. I think one thing we've learned over the past three years - What Rex says very often is not the truth.

Everyone is killing the Jets for going against the grain on this, maybe they're not...In all honestly their personell doesn't show run team, it shows pass more than anything else.

They picked up a lot of speed on the outside but no blocking TE, no speed at RB...I honestly don't think Tanny is incompetent.

Knowing the way Woody operates, they are just treading water this season, hoping to make the playoffs but leaving themselves 8 million under the cap to use next year with all of the big cuts coming, Scott, Pace, Pouha, Smith, ect.
    2014 Superbowl is being played at Metlife
    Next year Tanny/Woody break the bank for another run to the Superbowl!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Knowing the way Woody operates, they are just treading water this season, hoping to make the playoffs but leaving themselves 8 million under the cap to use next year with all of the big cuts coming, Scott, Pace, Pouha, Smith, ect.
    2014 Superbowl is being played at Metlife
    Next year Tanny/Woody break the bank for another run to the Superbowl!
    So why would it matter what our cap # is this year? And why would pouha get cut?

Jets Insider VIP
    Ground and pound team that had no blocking TE's and proceeded to not go out and get any blocking TE's in the off season.
    You are 100% correct!!!!

But this was a surprize right!!!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    You are 100% correct!!!!

But this was a surprize right!!!
    If you want to be a ground and pound you need road grading guards. The TEs aren't that important for our style of running.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJet80 View Post
    So why would it matter what our cap # is this year? And why would pouha get cut?
    That $8M in space carries over into next season and gives additional room under the 2013 cap

Don;t worry there are plenty of people to counteract the criticism threads with 'oh we rock, we iz awesome!, you are a terrible fan if you even question any move or non move we make!"
    Actually there aren't, but whatever makes you feel better . . .

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    He didn't want to sound like Demosthenes.
    Not sure why, but that always reads "Demon feces" to me. Possibly just have the maturity of a 14 year old. I always hear "fvck face" when I hear "Fairfax", a town near me.

That's all I got, carry on.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    and powell as the 3rd down back. it's a fantasy team's dream.
    Just like Kevin Ogletree last night?

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    If you want to be a ground and pound you need road grading guards. The TEs aren't that important for our style of running.
    Seeing as how its not a Ground n Pound league for the past 5-6 years now, maybe the HC will realize that and switch to an aerial assault.

I mean, if we as fans hope to ever see a SB.

Ever.

In our or our childrens(where applicable) lifetime.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    We might not be all that serious about being a run team. I think one thing we've learned over the past three years - What Rex says very often is not the truth.

Everyone is killing the Jets for going against the grain on this, maybe they're not...In all honestly their personell doesn't show run team, it shows pass more than anything else.

They picked up a lot of speed on the outside but no blocking TE, no speed at RB...I honestly don't think Tanny is incompetent.
    Every once in awhile someone around here actually puts two and two together. The Jets will run the football, but not like in 2009. The wildcat will be a part of the offense as will be our running game. But you don't draft Hill, add Schilens, and Gates without the intent to be more of a vertical passing team. I don't see this team as being a pure ground and pound team. Just as some added proof, we kept and promoted Powell (more finesse back with good blocking skills) and waived Ganaway (big back - ala Greene). Rex says he was intended to replace LT - great blocker and receiver out of the backfield. We'll see.
    Last edited by TexJet; 09-06-2012 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Green + White View Post
    Hill is starting WR. Not bad.
    Hill will have a pass bounce-off his chest to a costly interception; in turn, all Tebow-loving/Sanchez-hating fans will blame it on the QB.

Smith started at TE in college before he moved to LT. I'd throw one to him early and then the defense would have to think about him for the rest of the game.

Also I'd be in favor of IR'ing Landolt and bringing that blocking TE from Utah State back on to the roster.
    Let's not forget that the Bills have had the worst run D in the league for the past 3 years. Expect a lot of Greene, Tebow and Powell. I see us running the ball over 40 times and playing smothering D.

Gotta imagine that's the gameplan until the offense catches up. Plus I'd imagine there will be some element of surprise with Tebow. But please let him run it only. We cant take chances with turning the ball over because we don't have an offense to play from behind (yet).

Dan Leberfeld ‏@jetswhispers
    "If everything keeps going the way it's going, I will be fine for the game." - Dustin Keller

Do we know if Konrad Reuland can or can't block?

Are there any vet blocking TEs that maybe can be brought in after week 1?

All Pro
    Josh Baker ‏@ShakeNbakes45

Surgery went great and there was less damage than originally thought. Thanks to the man above and to those who kept me in their prayers!

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Dan Leberfeld ‏@jetswhispers
    "If everything keeps going the way it's going, I will be fine for the game." - Dustin Keller
    I hope so...

All Pro
    Ground and pound team that had no blocking TE's and proceeded to not go out and get any blocking TE's in the off season.
    Fish....we get it....you hate the team.