Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Peter King is a tool

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Peter King is a tool

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...&sct=hp_t11_a0

Picks Bills 27 Jets 13

A 2 TD home loss??? Really??? I don't get how anyone who is paid to follow this sport for a living and considered one of the top media guys could see this game this lopsided. Last year we played Buffalo and there was a lopsided outcome, in our favor. If Bills pull mini-upset, it will be a tight one. Rex probably should use some of this stuff as BB material...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    he's always right... don't you know that?

Giants 24, Cowboys 20.
    Yes, Brandon Carr and Morris Claiborne are an upgrade over Whathisname and Whosthat at corner for Dallas, and Eli Manning will be held to fewer than 300 yards Wednesday night. But I don't like the condition of the Dallas pass catchers (and I don't know how effective Jason Witten will be even if he and his wounded spleen take the field), and I like the impact of David Wilson on this game. I wasn't crazy about the sameness of this matchup when the NFL announced it -- this is the third time in the last five regular season games they have met -- but, as usual, it's going to be a good game.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz25iGPmNBX

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah, the weekly Peter King is a tool thread....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fitzpatrick is 0-5 against the Jets. This prediction makes a whole lot of sense.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's called pilling on...

The media is having a field day hating the Jets. It's currently the hip thing to do...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    plus the bills are a trendy pick for making the playoffs. it's not like the jets showed anything in preseason anyway.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    On this site his record is 0-1... had the Giants also

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I obviously disagree with Peter King's pick, and his prior predictions are rather laugh-worthy...but I'm not going to call him a "tool" over it...

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mark Sanchez vs the Bills during the Chan Gailey era...3-0, 7/2 TD/INT, 59% completion %, 95.5 QB rating, average of 31 points per game.

I'll take history over King's opinion.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    plus the bills are a trendy pick for making the playoffs. it's not like the jets showed anything in preseason anyway.
    It just reeks of piling on though for a team that has gotten negative publicity coverage. Does King really think the Bills offense is going to have that level of success? I can understand maybe picking us with 13 points, but the Bills with 27? Doesn't seem to be backed by anything other than his personal belief that the Jets are a terrible team.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensleeves View Post
    Fitzpatrick is 0-5 against the Jets. This prediction makes a whole lot of sense.
    What do the last 3 years have to do with the game on Sunday?

The best bet in Vegas is the Bills +2.5

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    he's always right... don't you know that?

Giants 24, Cowboys 20.
    Yes, Brandon Carr and Morris Claiborne are an upgrade over Whathisname and Whosthat at corner for Dallas, and Eli Manning will be held to fewer than 300 yards Wednesday night. But I don't like the condition of the Dallas pass catchers (and I don't know how effective Jason Witten will be even if he and his wounded spleen take the field), and I like the impact of David Wilson on this game. I wasn't crazy about the sameness of this matchup when the NFL announced it -- this is the third time in the last five regular season games they have met -- but, as usual, it's going to be a good game.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz25iGPmNBX
    LOL not only was he wrong about the prediction... but he was dead wrong about just about everything he wrote.

Dez and Austin are up there with just about any WR combo in the league and Ogeltree caught 8 passes for 115 and 2 TDs hahaha.

David Wilson had 4 yards and a lost fumble.

lmao wow.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    The Bills showed just as little in the pre-season, if not less. They just didn't have the media piling on them.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    It just reeks of piling on though for a team that has gotten negative publicity coverage. Does King really think the Bills offense is going to have that level of success? I can understand maybe picking us with 13 points, but the Bills with 27? Doesn't seem to be backed by anything other than his personal belief that the Jets are a terrible team.
    king goes with the flow. if the bills are trending up and the jets are trending down, he flows that way. his writing is biased and so are most of his picks.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Ah, the weekly Peter King is a tool thread....
    please merge with the Fatcessa is a tool thread.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensleeves View Post
    The Bills showed just as little in the pre-season, if not less. They just didn't have the media piling on them.
    a lot of people are picking the bills to finish 2nd in the division and make the playoffs. every year they ask the question 'which teams didn't make the playoffs last year but will make it this year'. the bills are a trendy answer to this question.

i don't agree with the pick but it doesn't surprise me. all that matters is what happens on sunday.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

That's a suckers bet.

You know matchups rule in the NFL and this is and has been a very tough draw for the Bills because their mediocre QB and offense struggles to move the ball against the Jets D. Their sub-par defense is not good enough to stop the Jets rushing attack.

It's just a bad matchup for the Bills.

Unless Sanchez throws 2 or 3 INTs, this will be a laugher.

The Jets should be giving at least 6 in this game.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    He is more higher on the Bills than the Jets so I'm not mad at his pick. Who really cares? I just do see how the Bills score that many point against the Jets' D. I see it as a 20-17 game. Won't be a blowout either way I think.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2milehighJet View Post
    please merge with the Fatcessa is a tool thread.
    Wait until the first NBC game and we can add Collingsworth is a tool to the thread

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

Houston's giving 11 to Miami.

Houston's overrated and Miami can run the ball. No way, Miami to cover is the best bet, but a lot. Buffalo? Really?

Jets roster isn't great, but Ryan Fitzpatrick?????