Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Peter King is a tool

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    That's a suckers bet.

You know matchups rule in the NFL and this is and has been a very tough draw for the Bills because their mediocre QB and offense struggles to move the ball against the Jets D. Their sub-par defense is not good enough to stop the Jets rushing attack.

It's just a bad matchup for the Bills.

Unless Sanchez throws 2 or 3 INTs, this will be a laugher.

The Jets should be giving at least 6 in this game.
    A few weeks ago the line on this game was Bills +6.5.

Now it is Bills +2.5.

If this is a "suckers bet" why has so much money flowed in on the Bills?

A 4-point line movement in the NFL is pretty significant.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    the other troll of the airwaves

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

Now it is Bills +2.5.

Because everyone seems to think because the Jets didn't score a TD in preseason that they won't score now.

It's fools gold, partially because the Jets are better than the preseason results indicate and mostly because the Bills just aren't that good. Buffalo, by the way, didn't set the world on fire in the preseason, either. They have plenty of their own problems to worry about.

Call your local book maker and place a wager if you're feeling so sure about this game. I already have.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    The bils signed the biggest name in free agency this offseason and somehow parlayed that into being the offseason darlings of the media.

Probably that and they haven't won in so long you have to add in the they're due reasoning.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Now it is Bills +2.5.

A 4 point move is incredibly significant, in fact you almost never see it.

The only problem is, is that you're making this up, the line opened at Jets -3, which is consistent with a pickem game and 3 points given only because of home field advantage, "so much money" moved the line 1/2 a point.

Who would lay -6.5 to have a team that couldn't score all preseason or protect its QB against Mario Williams and Co?

No one would, that's why the line never was -6.5.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF View Post
    A 4 point move is incredibly significant, in fact you almost never see it.

The only problem is, is that you're making this up, the line opened at Jets -3, which is consistent with a pickem game and 3 points given only because of home field advantage, "so much money" moved the line 1/2 a point.

Who would lay -6.5 to have a team that couldn't score all preseason or protect its QB against Mario Williams and Co?

No one would, that's why the line never was -6.5.
    Was just going to post this.

Line was never as high as TX said.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets losing 27-13 isn't that crazy if you imagine a couple turnovers.

I just hope Jets O show up with their heads in gear, not asleep at the wheel like the Gints last night.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    he's always right... don't you know that?

Giants 24, Cowboys 20.
    Yes, Brandon Carr and Morris Claiborne are an upgrade over Whathisname and Whosthat at corner for Dallas, and Eli Manning will be held to fewer than 300 yards Wednesday night. But I don't like the condition of the Dallas pass catchers (and I don't know how effective Jason Witten will be even if he and his wounded spleen take the field), and I like the impact of David Wilson on this game. I wasn't crazy about the sameness of this matchup when the NFL announced it -- this is the third time in the last five regular season games they have met -- but, as usual, it's going to be a good game.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz25iGPmNBX
    LOL at not like the condition of the dallas pass catchers. Their 3rd WR had a monster game.

And great call on David Wilson having a big impact, he actually did, but for the wrong team!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Ah, the weekly Peter King is a tool thread....
    I had to laugh while reading your comment.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...&sct=hp_t11_a0

Picks Bills 27 Jets 13

A 2 TD home loss??? Really??? I don't get how anyone who is paid to follow this sport for a living and considered one of the top media guys could see this game this lopsided. Last year we played Buffalo and there was a lopsided outcome, in our favor. If Bills pull mini-upset, it will be a tight one. Rex probably should use some of this stuff as BB material...
    Problem is fans of this forum seem to think the 2012 Bills are the same as the 2011 Bills and the same as the 2010 Bills and the same as the 2009 Bills and so on. Sorry, doesn't work like that. Detroit was drastically different in 2011 than in 2010. San Fran was drastically different in 2011 than in 2010 as well.

Buffalo upgraded their pass rush in Mario Williams and Mark Anderson. They got back their #1 CB, #1 S, #1 DT, #C, #LG and #1 RB from injury. Most of those missed the final 7 games of last season.

Ask the Pats if the Bills have talent on their roster. The Bills were only 1 of 3 teams to beat them last season.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Now it is Bills +2.5.

The wise guys are taking Buffalo.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...&sct=hp_t11_a0

Picks Bills 27 Jets 13

A 2 TD home loss??? Really??? I don't get how anyone who is paid to follow this sport for a living and considered one of the top media guys could see this game this lopsided. Last year we played Buffalo and there was a lopsided outcome, in our favor. If Bills pull mini-upset, it will be a tight one. Rex probably should use some of this stuff as BB material...
    yeah...doosh bag Berman just picked the Bills.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Now it is Bills +2.5.

You don't know much about sportsbetting do you?

First off, not many games move 3 points in the NFL, but not many games have lines set for them 5 months in advance. A line that starts at 6 in April and moves to 3 in September is pretty meaningless. The miami line moved 6 points, atlanta line moved 3 points, seattle line moved 5 points and just about every line moved 1 or 2 points. That is what happens when you open lines 5 months early. And if anything, the early line movement shows that suckers money is all over the Bills.

Think of it this way. If a "Sharp" bettors want to bet the Jets and they know that everyone thinks the Jets are a joke, they won't bet on the Jets in April/May/June/July/August at an inflated line. They will wait until closer to game time and bet a more favorable line (-3).

Just like everyone was on the Giants last night, everyone is on the Bills on Sunday. I assume the suckers will be crying sunday evening like they were crying Wednesday night.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by daquix View Post
    Problem is fans of this forum seem to think the 2012 Bills are the same as the 2011 Bills and the same as the 2010 Bills and the same as the 2009 Bills and so on. Sorry, doesn't work like that. Detroit was drastically different in 2011 than in 2010. San Fran was drastically different in 2011 than in 2010 as well.

Buffalo upgraded their pass rush in Mario Williams and Mark Anderson. They got back their #1 CB, #1 S, #1 DT, #C, #LG and #1 RB from injury. Most of those missed the final 7 games of last season.

Ask the Pats if the Bills have talent on their roster. The Bills were only 1 of 3 teams to beat them last season.
    The majority of the improvements you listed were on the defensive side of the ball, which still doesn't explain how you think they're going to put up close to 30 points . . .

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    a lot of people are picking the bills to finish 2nd in the division and make the playoffs. every year they ask the question 'which teams didn't make the playoffs last year but will make it this year'. the bills are a trendy answer to this question.

i don't agree with the pick but it doesn't surprise me. all that matters is what happens on sunday.
    They were picked as 2nd in the division by most last year too and were a huge disappointment as they always are.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by daquix View Post

No.

The Pats gave that game away. They had 4 Brady INTs and still only won by 3. What happened in game 2 against NE? What happened against Dallas? San Diego?

The Bills ended their season 1-8 and got blown the F out 5 times in those 9 games. They are not talented.
    Last edited by TheMikeIsHot; 09-06-2012 at 02:59 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TheMikeIsHot;4582577]Because everyone seems to think because the Jets didn't score a TD in preseason that they won't score now.
    [QUOTE]

That is exactly what people are thinking.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BigBensAngel7;4582653][QUOTE=TheMikeIsHot;4582577]Because everyone seems to think because the Jets didn't score a TD in preseason that they won't score now.

That is exactly what people are thinking.
    Good. Bet on Buffalo. Lose your money.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    We're no lock to win, I think the score will be close, but no freakin way Buffalo puts up 27 points on us. Just not going to happen

Hall Of Fame
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TheMikeIsHot;4582657][QUOTE=BigBensAngel7;4582653]
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Because everyone seems to think because the Jets didn't score a TD in preseason that they won't score now.

Good. Bet on Buffalo. Lose your money.
    Well I don't bet, so I wont lose any money. I think its going to be a good close game.