Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Peter King is a tool

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Of all the games King picked, this is the only upset he chose according to the spreads. I don't really have a problem with it, games with spreads of 3 are usually a toss up regardless.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    We're no lock to win, I think the score will be close, but no freakin way Buffalo puts up 27 points on us. Just not going to happen
    This was my point. I could see us losing this game, but by 2 TDs would be a big surprise and a complete reach pick by King not really backed by anything.

Personally, if I had no rooting interest, I would not touch this game betting-wise....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF View Post
    A 4 point move is incredibly significant, in fact you almost never see it.

The only problem is, is that you're making this up, the line opened at Jets -3, which is consistent with a pickem game and 3 points given only because of home field advantage, "so much money" moved the line 1/2 a point.

Who would lay -6.5 to have a team that couldn't score all preseason or protect its QB against Mario Williams and Co?

No one would, that's why the line never was -6.5.
    Sorry, I was .5 off

NFL WEEK 1 OPENING LINES

Sept. 5 N.Y. GIANTS 3 47 Dallas

CHICAGO 9.5 41.5 Indianapolis
    Philadelphia 6.5 42 CLEVELAND
    N.Y. JETS 6 42.5 Buffalo
    NEW ORLEANS 11 51.5 Washington
    New England 6.5 48.5 TENNESSEE
    MINNESOTA 3.5 39 Jacksonville
    HOUSTON 6 44.5 Miami
    DETROIT 9.5 47 St. Louis
    KANSAS CITY Pick 42 Atlanta
    GREEN BAY 6.5 45 San Francisco
    Carolina 2.5 47 TAMPA BAY
    ARIZONA 2.5 42 Seattle
    DENVER 2 45 Pittsburgh

Sept. 10
    BALTIMORE 7 40.5 Cincinnati
    OAKLAND Pick 48 San Diego

*HOME TEAMS IN CAPS

http://www.lvrj.com/sports/week-1-li...148227145.html

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Sorry, I was .5 off

NFL WEEK 1 OPENING LINES

Sept. 5 N.Y. GIANTS 3 47 Dallas

CHICAGO 9.5 41.5 Indianapolis
    Philadelphia 6.5 42 CLEVELAND
    N.Y. JETS 6 42.5 Buffalo
    NEW ORLEANS 11 51.5 Washington
    New England 6.5 48.5 TENNESSEE
    MINNESOTA 3.5 39 Jacksonville
    HOUSTON 6 44.5 Miami
    DETROIT 9.5 47 St. Louis
    KANSAS CITY Pick 42 Atlanta
    GREEN BAY 6.5 45 San Francisco
    Carolina 2.5 47 TAMPA BAY
    ARIZONA 2.5 42 Seattle
    DENVER 2 45 Pittsburgh

Sept. 10
    BALTIMORE 7 40.5 Cincinnati
    OAKLAND Pick 48 San Diego

*HOME TEAMS IN CAPS

http://www.lvrj.com/sports/week-1-li...148227145.html
    You're not making a good case here.

This article was posted April 20th. Before the draft, before training camp and before pre-season.

Those lines are about as relevant today as the lines from week 17 2011.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    You're not making a good case here.

This article was posted April 20th. Before the draft, before training camp and before pre-season.

Those lines are about as relevant today as the lines from week 17 2011.
    So if somebody placed a bet on the Bills +6 on April 20th, it is not relevant and would not be honored?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    So if somebody placed a bet on the Bills +6 on April 20th, it is not relevant and would not be honored?
    I disproved your theory a few posts back. You have zero knowledge of how lines move and what constitutes "sharp" money and "suckers" money. You also don't understand how meaningless lines set in April are to the lines set the week before the game (as is the norm in the NFL from week 2 and on.).

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Of course it's honored.

But nobody with a clue would place a bet 5 months before the game is actually played.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    I disproved your theory a few posts back. You have zero knowledge of how lines move and what constitutes "sharp" money and "suckers" money. You also don't understand how meaningless lines set in April are to the lines set the week before the game (as is the norm in the NFL from week 2 and on.).
    Lol. I think it's pretty clear TX isn't a gambling man. If it's such a good bet put your $ where your mouth is. That ideal is why the only week 1 power rankings that matter are the Vegas over/under wins you can actually bet on.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Even Cimini picked the Jets 20-17!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Was just going to post this.

Line was never as high as TX said.
    It's called LYING!!!!!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by daquix View Post
    Problem is fans of this forum seem to think the 2012 Bills are the same as the 2011 Bills and the same as the 2010 Bills and the same as the 2009 Bills and so on. Sorry, doesn't work like that. Detroit was drastically different in 2011 than in 2010. San Fran was drastically different in 2011 than in 2010 as well.

Buffalo upgraded their pass rush in Mario Williams and Mark Anderson. They got back their #1 CB, #1 S, #1 DT, #C, #LG and #1 RB from injury. Most of those missed the final 7 games of last season.

Ask the Pats if the Bills have talent on their roster. The Bills were only 1 of 3 teams to beat them last season.
    The only people who thought the Lions were terrible in '10 are the idiots that only look at W/L records. They had a -7 point differential while playing without their starting QB for most of the year, against a very difficult schedule.

The people who thought the Lions were bad probably also thought that the Bucs and Chiefs were good because they won 10 games.

Mario Williams continues to be one of the most overrated players in the NFL. He doesn't make a defense by himself, or the Texans' defense wouldn't have been so bad for so many years. Mark Anderson had a great year last year, playing for a bad New England defense, as their #2 pass rusher. I see a Ray Edwards-esque year ahead for him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Really? You're trying to use a line from before the draft and most of OTAs?

No one who bets weekly puts their Week 1 money down in April. The line isn't down because of money that poured in, but because they put out new lines before Week 1.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Really? You're trying to use a line from before the draft and most of OTAs?

No one who bets weekly puts their Week 1 money down in April. The line isn't down because of money that poured in, but because they put out new lines before Week 1.
    i just put a grand down on the jets 1st game next year. not sure who its against or the spread but cant pass up an opportunity like that

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    Lol. I think it's pretty clear TX isn't a gambling man. If it's such a good bet put your $ where your mouth is. That ideal is why the only week 1 power rankings that matter are the Vegas over/under wins you can actually bet on.
    I did last night on the Cowboys and will do so Sunday on the Jets. As i expect every to be on the Bills, i am waiting for the line to drop a little more before I actually place the wager.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's sh*t like this that I really don't get.

Last night, the Cowboys put together a damn good defensive scheme against the Giants, limited them to only 17 points and pulled out a victory.

IMO, the Jets have a better defense than the Cowboys and I don't believe I'm really go out on a limb when I say that.

We play the Bills. A team with a QB who has never beaten us. The Bills overall are not as good of a team as the Giants.

I figure this game to be a cake walk. And yet you've got this idiot Peter King who thinks because the Jets are outspoken that they couldn't possibly know how to win a game. As though doing things exactly as Bill Bellichick would is a prerequisite to winning.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    And yet you've got this idiot Peter King
    In King's defense, it's gotta be hard to formulate correct opinions with that many c*cks and hoagies and Twinkies and Diet Cokes in your mouth.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    I did last night on the Cowboys and will do so Sunday on the Jets. As i expect every to be on the Bills, i am waiting for the line to drop a little more before I actually place the wager.
    Yes, sorry meant TX should put his $ where his mouth is. In fact I think either of us would gladly take his wager!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BigBensAngel7;4582653][QUOTE=TheMikeIsHot;4582577]Because everyone seems to think because the Jets didn't score a TD in preseason that they won't score now.

That is exactly what people are thinking.
    Not you again

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also I love the fact that TX is getting absolutely sh1t on in this thread.

The only thing worse than a pathetic old man who spends all day, every day on a rival team's messageboard? A pathetic old man who purposely LIES to conjure responses while spending all day, every day on a rival team's message board.

Your existence is the saddest thing I've ever seen in my life.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Your existence is the saddest thing I've ever seen in my life.
    He is also from Texas. And is in his twilight years.