Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets vs Bills Game Tickets Not Sold Out According to our POS Owner

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Jets vs Bills Game Tickets Not Sold Out According to our POS Owner

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201..._river_default

Woody Johnson said he's made a practice of not commenting on coaches or players under contract, so when asked if the futures of general manager Mike Tannenbaum and head coach Rex Ryan were in danger if a repeat of last year occurred, he simply reiterated his confidence in the two.

"I'm very optimisitic," Johnson said during practice today. "I'm confident in this organization and this group of young players and experienced players for getting the job done."

On Ryan, he expanded a bit when asked if it was accurate so say there was no pressure on the coach to lose his job.

"In terms of my confidence in him, Iím very confident in Rex Ryan," he said. "You just have to look at the body of work. Itís unparalleled in our history, what heís accomplished."

In Philadelphia, Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie said that an 8-8 record would not be good enough for head coach Andy Reid to retain his job. Johnson, who saw the Jets skid to the same record last season, would not go as far.

"The way Iím looking at it, some owners have made those comments, I just prefer to look at it optimistically," he said. "Like I said, and say that when we go into a season you donít expect to go into a game and not win that game. We gameplan and we practice and we psychologically prepare ourselves to win."

Johnson also addressed something that Ryan touched on this morning regarding the "circus" perception that surrounds the team. Ryan says he's tired of it and Johnson feels as if it's a media creation.

"We're deadly serious about what we're doing here trying to win games and trying to represent our fans the way they expect to represent them," Johnson said. "We learned this in third grade, the whole sticks and stones and all this stuff about calling people names and all that, that's what that is. It's a way to sell papers. But I'm not in this to create a circus environment."

He added: "This is New York so we're going to be scrutinized. Everyting we do is going to be questioned and analyzed. When I walk out to the parking lot and speak to our fans everybody has an opinion and in many cases an informed opinion. But when you're putting together a team like this, a thousand decisions come together."

Some other important talking points from his 10-minute session today:

On whether or not the Jets have sold out their home opener against Buffalo:

"We will not be blacked out. Whether weíve sold every single seat? No. We will not be blacked out, thatís for sure."

What he meant by the "You can never have too much Tebow" quote...

"It was kind of, I thought, a fairly humorous quote myself. We've got 53 guys here on the varsity,everyone is important including Tebow. We're glad to have him and we're glad to have the other 52 as well, including Sanchez. Our job is to team build, but I didn't mean that as anything other than a humorous remark."

On whether he makes decisions based on anticipated media coverage...

"It plays zero (role). Sports are, itís not a media business, but IBM doesnít get the coverage that the average NFL team gets. This is why people love this game. Because everybody has an opinion and everybody is interested in the team they love and they want to here it through you. You guys write about it and everything is scrutinzed, as it should be."

On if Mike Tannenbaum has given Mark Sanchez enough weapons...

"If you take a lookat our offensive line in terms of No. 1 picks and Pro Bowl stats, we've got three Pro Bowlers on the offensive line, nobody else has that. I think you have a string of running backs that all do something different, starting with Shonn. I think you've got receivers that are, you know, as gifted as anybody. You've got a new coach that I think is very very good. Tony Sparano and Sanjay Lal, I have the utmost confidence in him as the receivers coach. I think you have a lot of very good weapons."

On how he feels about the upcoming season...

"I feel pretty good about it," Johnson said. "I talk with the staff and the coaches and Mike (Tannenbaum) about the players, about the coaches about what we're trying to install. The defense, I think, is probably a little ahead of the offense but that could change quickly and Mark (Sanchez) is throwing the ball great. I've been very impressed with the way he's progressing."

On if he agrees with Rex Ryan, who said this could be the best team he's ever coached in New York...

"I'm not going to make any predicitons but I don't ever go into a season thinking we're going to lose a game."

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Considering how overpriced this stadium is it does not shock me. I will still be there every week and I don't care but for a home opener to not be sold out that's embarassing. Just look on ticketmaster.com there are almost a few full rows of upper level seats for sale.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Why do brain dead fans revel in calling their teams owners names?

Any sport, just about any team, unless you've won in the last couple of years, youre boo'd, cursed out etc.

Woody's Jets have won more games than most teams-I get they haven't won the big game-spent on a new stadium, a fortune on a training facility, not been shy getting players, but he's a POS.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    FIRE EVERYONE! TEAR DOWN THE CITY! GATHER THE PITCHFORKS!

Who gives a damn?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post

Any sport, just about any team, unless you've won in the last couple of years, youre boo'd, cursed out etc.

Woody's Jets have won more games than most teams-I get they haven't won the big game-spent on a new stadium, a fortune on a training facility, not been shy getting players, but he's a POS.
    Exactly... It's such a loser mentality. Same types of people tend to hate rich people without even knowing them. I guess it's based out of jealousy but it's pretty pathetic.

And I'm not even referring to this thread in particular.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    105 dollars are roughly 83 euros. That's a lot judging from european standards.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Doesn't really surprise me. Traffic is a pain, parking is expensive, food is expensive, the stadium itself is a cold, uninspired monolith... and, oh yeah, the cheapest seats in the house are still north of 100 bucks and that's for a view comparable to what you'd get from the control tower at EWR.

And it doesn't help that the product on the field is questionable at best. I used to LOVE going to the games. Now I'm turning into an old grouch who'd rather watch the games from the comfort of home on a 55 inch HDTV.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess it makes them feel tough. But let's be real here with the NFL
    Sunday Ticket, huge HD TV's and the price it costs to go to games. The
    NFL in general is going to have a tough time getting fans in the stadiums
    in upcoming years

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post
    Sunday Ticket, huge HD TV's and the price it costs to go to games. The
    NFL in general is going to have a tough time getting fans in the stadiums
    in upcoming years
    +1

the at home game experience has dramatically improved over the last 10 years.. and the prices at the stadium definitely aren't helping.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post

And it doesn't help that the product on the field is questionable at best. I used to LOVE going to the games.
    When...as a Jets fan...did you LOVE going to the games because the product on the field was more than questionable?

I maybe only 40, but only 1998 comes to mind for me when the product on the field was something more than questionable. And even then we started out 1-2 and I still had some serious doubts halfway through the season.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Dummy Johnson is a spoiled Brat who is considered to be a fool by his peers.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ticket prices are ridiculous. The same thing is happening in the concert business. The home experience is so good now and it's free. They should just give away unsold tickets to needy kids groups.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Point of Sale?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    and can it be at all possible that it is the club seats that are not the ones being filled?

and why does it matter to some people if we are sold out or not. If you choose to go then enjoy, if you choose to stay home then enjoy. But cussing the owner is ridiculous

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    since the advent of HDTV it makes no sense to pay over 100 bucks per person to sit in the upper deck.

why sit in the upper deck when most people have a better view from home?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Caster View Post
    Dummy Johnson is a spoiled Brat who is considered to be a fool by his peers.
    Debatable but whatever.

He's also proud to be the owner of the Jets and I've personally seen him walking around the city in a suit sporting his Jets hat. He's always around the team and money is certainly never an issue with him.

In terms of the type of owners, we can do a LOT worse. And if you don't think so, you don't pay enough attention to sports.

Or you are just one of those people who live to *****.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

+ 1

Woody's a great owner, lucky to have him.

And for the rest of you, the CLUB SEATS aren't sold out. This is not a surprise to anyone, happens every season to every team.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pos fans would not buy psls.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

He's been more concerned in making headlines and generating money than winning. Tim Tebow is the perfect example. Before he built this stadium he was never concerned with making headlines. I don't want to see him fail since I am a fan and go every week but a team that less than 5 years ago had a 15 year waiting list that now can't sell out it's embarassing.

I don't care how rich the owner is that stuff doesn't bother me but he has turned this place into circus. Oh and yea may she rest in peace but his own daughter wanted nothing to do with him so yea I'm sure he's a great guy.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Woody, you skipped the Moonlight Graham step