Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets vs Bills Game Tickets Not Sold Out According to our POS Owner

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    When...as a Jets fan...did you LOVE going to the games because the product on the field was more than questionable?

I maybe only 40, but only 1998 comes to mind for me when the product on the field was something more than questionable. And even then we started out 1-2 and I still had some serious doubts halfway through the season.
    I myself loved the stadium in the early and mid 90's. No traffic, bring in whatever you want. Binoculars cases would hold two beers. Get some subway paper and wrap two more to make a footlong. The stadium was rocking and the product on the field was questionable and acceptable.

Security would never go past row 15 in the uppers. anything goes.

The spirals at Gate D had more weed than most dispensaries.

Remember, we're Jets fans!!!
    Last edited by I against I; 09-06-2012 at 03:34 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Woody, you skipped the Moonlight Graham step
    JP, miss u in the baseball forum!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    How's that whole Tebow thing working out for you, Woody?

There are only two things that matter to most fans ... wins and cost.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Doesn't matter to me if 1000 club/nosebleed seats are empty out of 82k. Not sure how it affects any fan, whether they go to games or stay home.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    + 1

Woody's a great owner, lucky to have him.

And for the rest of you, the CLUB SEATS aren't sold out. This is not a surprise to anyone, happens every season to every team.

SAR I
    the club seats are 200 bucks. why pay that when you have a big screen HDTV at home that shows you just as much detail? I remember in the old stadium mezzanine seats could be had from scalpers for 100-130 each.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    still love going to the games. have upper deck seats. its only time i really hang out with my brother. plus if i start drinking at 7am in my apt i feel like an alcoholic

only bad thing about going to games is missing a lot of the other games on at 1 or 4
    Last edited by sect313; 09-06-2012 at 03:56 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sect313 View Post
    still love going to the games. have upper deck seats. its only time i really hang out with my brother. plus if i start drining at 7am in my apt i feel like an alcoholic

only bad thing about going to games is missing a lot of the other games on at 1 or 4
    Same here.....have upper prime which are pretty good seats, but its as much for going with my family/friends, eating some good food and having a few beers and a cigar as it is for the game itself.

If tailgating was banned, would prefer to be home with the flatscreen
    Last edited by eaglenj; 09-06-2012 at 04:26 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post
    He's been more concerned in making headlines and generating money than winning. Tim Tebow is the perfect example. Before he built this stadium he was never concerned with making headlines. I don't want to see him fail since I am a fan and go every week but a team that less than 5 years ago had a 15 year waiting list that now can't sell out it's embarassing.

I don't care how rich the owner is that stuff doesn't bother me but he has turned this place into circus. Oh and yea may she rest in peace but his own daughter wanted nothing to do with him so yea I'm sure he's a great guy.
    Hopefully our remaining collection of gloomy SOJFs (see above) will finally just give up and go root for some other team they don't HATE

and leave the Jets to the loyal JET FANS UNITED who love and support their team every season

GO JETS

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    maybe Woody inherited some family money (can't fault a guy for that), but he did take on a completely different venture from his family company. And it's not like he has dug the team into a hole. It's a profitable team and he's always around. Is he the best owner? No, but he's good and it could be much, much worse. Pretty sure Woody outbid Charles Dolan for the Jets.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    blackout?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    the club seats are 200 bucks. why pay that when you have a big screen HDTV at home that shows you just as much detail? I remember in the old stadium mezzanine seats could be had from scalpers for 100-130 each.
    Don't go, doesn't matter to me if you're disloyal and don't want to help the Jets win.

Gotta love people who think the right thing to do is sit in mom's basement and watch the games on TV chomping pretzels and taking shots at paying customers in the seats, saying we're "suckers" for buying PSL's and "don't cheer loudly enough" for their taste.

Nothing says "I love the Jets and want them to win a Super Bowl" more than buying season tickets. You can buy a t-shirt every August and paint your face 16 times a year, but you ain't truly supporting the team.

SAR I

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    maybe Woody inherited some family money (can't fault a guy for that), but he did take on a completely different venture from his family company. And it's not like he has dug the team into a hole. It's a profitable team and he's always around. Is he the best owner? No, but he's good and it could be much, much worse. Pretty sure Woody outbid Charles Dolan for the Jets.
    I seriously doubt Woody has profited from owning the Jets. Considering how much he paid for the team and in financing a failed WSS effort and then half a stadium in the Jerz, I'm not sure how this venture could be in the black at this point.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post

It tailgating was banned...

SAR I

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Hopefully our remaining collection of gloomy SOJFs (see above) will finally just give up and go root for some other team they don't HATE

and leave the Jets to the loyal JET FANS UNITED who love and support their team every season

GO JETS
    I haven't missed a home game since 1999. I've had mono and gone to a game. Currently I have a pretty bad leg injury I haven't been able to leave bed in over a week but I will still be there Sunday to cheer on the team.

I've just become disgusted with the stadium atmosphere. In the past if an opposing fan was in the stadium if they were rude or started problems they were tossed. Now they get warnings and security tolerates it.

I'm also tired of trying to make headlines. We need OL help not Tebow.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    Good one!

I thought the stadium was sold out, btw....great call on that one too genius. Should we pull some of your quotes on that subject?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you get the RedZone Channel if you're at the stadium?

No?

Well, that kind of sucks.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Why do brain dead fans revel in calling their teams owners names?

Any sport, just about any team, unless you've won in the last couple of years, youre boo'd, cursed out etc.

Woody's Jets have won more games than most teams-I get they haven't won the big game-spent on a new stadium, a fortune on a training facility, not been shy getting players, but he's a POS.
    Giants fans booed the Giants at halftime. It was one half of football following a Super Bowl win. Sports fans these days are generally retarded. They are fed nonsense from the sports talk shows to think that their teams should all go 16-0 and that if they don't, heads should roll. Its a shame that so many fans are so gullible.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    How's that whole Tebow thing working out for you, Woody?

There are only two things that matter to most fans ... wins and cost.
    Another gullible Jets fan. You have been brainwashed by the media to think that the Tebow signing has been a disaster. Meanwhile, a person of normal intelligence would wait until Tebow plays ONE snap before declaring the move a total bust.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    + 1

Woody's a great owner, lucky to have him.

And for the rest of you, the CLUB SEATS aren't sold out. This is not a surprise to anyone, happens every season to every team.

SAR I
    There quite a few tickets BESIDES club seats that are not sold out which is pretty sad for this team considering it's an opening day 1PM game against a division rival.