Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets vs Bills Game Tickets Not Sold Out According to our POS Owner

Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    There quite a few tickets BESIDES club seats that are not sold out which is pretty sad for this team considering it's an opening day 1PM game against a division rival.
    Well based on the sentiment of 90 percent of the posters on this board and the media, the Jets are practically eliminated from playoff contention already.

All League
    I got a call from the Ticket Office today asking if we wanted to add additional UD season tickets to our PSL seats. Took a pass.

All Pro
    There quite a few tickets BESIDES club seats that are not sold out which is pretty sad for this team considering it's an opening day 1PM game against a division rival.
    Its not sad when you look at how much it would cost a person to take his family. I have 3 PSL seats lower endzone. Tickets are all paid for, so that expense is already in, parking is in that also. But I took my two young girls, we took food with us and in the end still cost me over $100.00 per game in the pre-season.

I don't blame people for not going, but I also don't want to hear that i am a sucker for going. It is my choice, just like it is someone else choice not to go. From what I have seen the uppers are not sold out because I was looking for LL PSL over the summer and basically they are sold out, they did have the 25,000 PSL available as well as some mezzanine club tickets to go along with the uppers.

You want to stay home and root for the team you are a fan. You spend 2500 or 25k on PSLs your a fan.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by djaparz View Post
    Its not sad when you look at how much it would cost a person to take his family. I have 3 PSL seats lower endzone. Tickets are all paid for, so that expense is already in, parking is in that also. But I took my two young girls, we took food with us and in the end still cost me over $100.00 per game in the pre-season.

I don't blame people for not going, but I also don't want to hear that i am a sucker for going. It is my choice, just like it is someone else choice not to go. From what I have seen the uppers are not sold out because I was looking for LL PSL over the summer and basically they are sold out, they did have the 25,000 PSL available as well as some mezzanine club tickets to go along with the uppers.

You want to stay home and root for the team you are a fan. You spend 2500 or 25k on PSLs your a fan.
    I agree. The real sad part is the cost to go to the game. Hardly any of the old regulars that I used to go to the game with and tailgate with still have tickets. These were die-hard fans that supported the team and had tickets during good times and bad for decades.

Add the horrid traffic condtions and a 55 inch HD TV is a very attractive alternative. I don't blame anyone who punted their seats.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Good one!

I thought the stadium was sold out, btw....great call on that one too genius. Should we pull some of your quotes on that subject?
    No, I was wrong.

Turns out I gave loyal Jets fans too much credit, thought that the upper deckers would stick with us in the tough times, wouldn't opt-out after back to back AFC Championship Games and stay home. I thought Mr. Blue Collar Long Island Jets Fan had a higher moral caliber than that.

SAR I

Veteran
    I agree. The real sad part is the cost to go to the game. Hardly any of the old regulars that I used to go to the game with and tailgate with still have tickets. These were die-hard fans that supported the team and had tickets during good times and bad for decades.

Add the horrid traffic condtions and a 55 inch HD TV is a very attractive alternative. I don't blame anyone who punted their seats.

Add to the fact that Route 3 back into the Lincoln will be one less lane now and the GW to the Deegan approach will be jacked up for the next few years.

Traffic is going to be even worse.

Cassidy's Ale House's stumbling distance from the crib is a bit more appealing now.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Same here.....have upper prime which are pretty good seats, but its as much for going with my family/friends, eating some good food and having a few beers and a cigar as it is for the game itself.

If tailgating was banned, would prefer to be home with the flatscreen
    Well said. This is my 32nd year as a season ticket holder and my friends and I feel the same way. The only thing that can spoil our day is the Jets. But, like so many on this board, I have the same incurable Jets disease and just can't stop going.

I have supported Woody since day 1. He's a new inexperienced owner, but he has always done what he thinks is right to help win games first. We have always been right up against the cap and he spent alot of money trying to get a stadium in Manhattan. Alot of people complain he didn't go to Queens next, but I don;t really blame him for that. Whether you want to believe it or not, players would rather live in NJ than LI. Look at the Nets, they are keeping their practice facilities in NJ to accommodate all of their players that refuse to move to LI. A big part of appealing to FA's in the neighborhood, and whether you think Queens/LI is nice or not doesn't matter, the players prefer NJ.

This season is the first time I've really been displeased with Woody as an owner. the Tebow move was obvious. We are struggling to sell tickets and PSL's right now and Woody wanted something that would boost those sales. As a businessman I can understand that, but don't keep coming out with this phony "I never knew Tebow would generate so much interest" nonsense. When you have a fragile situation with a young QB, the last thing in the world ANY GM in the league would have done is bring a highly flawed but hugely adored backup. It's about the worst thing you can do in terms of football moves. This move was done to sell tickets, and Rex and Tanny were given the monumental task of making it work. I think Woody is hedging his bets in case we falter, at least Tebow fans will keep watching and coming to games to support him. Again as a business man I understand it, but as a fan I think is stinks.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Whether you want to believe it or not, players would rather live in NJ than LI. Look at the Nets, they are keeping their practice facilities in NJ to accommodate all of their players that refuse to move to LI. A big part of appealing to FA's in the neighborhood, and whether you think Queens/LI is nice or not doesn't matter, the players prefer NJ.
    Total BS. Players and coaches already live in the Jerz. Temporarily leaving practice facility there is a no-brainer. It won't be there long.

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/brookl...lAQv5gcky1oQ7N

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Total BS. Players and coaches already live in the Jerz. Temporarily leaving practice facility there is a no-brainer. It won't be there long.

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/brookl...lAQv5gcky1oQ7N
    So you're giving me an article that clearly states the politicians are pressuring the Nets to move practice to Brooklyn as well? In other words the Nets and players want to stay in NJ, but are being pressured to move? thanks for proving my point.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

So you're giving me an article that clearly states the politicians are pressuring the Nets to move practice to Brooklyn as well? In other words the Nets and players want to stay in NJ, but are being pressured to move? thanks for proving my point.
    You're not giving me anything.

What's obvious is that the Nets players, coaches and staff already live in NJ and have a practice facility there. They are staying there because it is convenient... for now. But given a season of going from Jerz to Byln at the hight of rush hour traffic on weeknights will be enough for them to focus on a new training location. As the spokesperson said, they will do whjat is in the best interest of the team, and like the Jets, the Nets will come to the conclusion that they are going to get the training facility and arena closer together.

It has nothing to do with living on LI. Driving from Nassau County to downtown Brooklyn wouldn't be that much more convenient either.

Honestly, I don't think you know what you are talking about.

You're not giving me anything.

What's obvious is that the Nets players, coaches and staff already live in NJ and have a practice facility there. They are staying there because it is convenient... for now. But given a season of going from Jerz to Byln at the hight of rush hour traffic on weeknights will be enough for them to focus on a new training location. As the spokesperson said, they will do whjat is in the best interest of the team, and like the Jets, the Nets will come to the conclusion that they are going to get the training facility and arena closer together.

It has nothing to do with living on LI. Driving from Nassau County to downtown Brooklyn wouldn't be that much more convenient either.

Honestly, I don't think you know what you are talking about.
    Honestly I think you're hell bent on defending where you live.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I have supported Woody since day 1. He's a new inexperienced owner, but he has always done what he thinks is right to help win games first. We have always been right up against the cap and he spent alot of money trying to get a stadium in Manhattan. Alot of people complain he didn't go to Queens next, but I don;t really blame him for that. Whether you want to believe it or not, players would rather live in NJ than LI. Look at the Nets, they are keeping their practice facilities in NJ to accommodate all of their players that refuse to move to LI. A big part of appealing to FA's in the neighborhood, and whether you think Queens/LI is nice or not doesn't matter, the players prefer NJ.

This season is the first time I've really been displeased with Woody as an owner. the Tebow move was obvious. We are struggling to sell tickets and PSL's right now and Woody wanted something that would boost those sales. As a businessman I can understand that, but don't keep coming out with this phony "I never knew Tebow would generate so much interest" nonsense. When you have a fragile situation with a young QB, the last thing in the world ANY GM in the league would have done is bring a highly flawed but hugely adored backup. It's about the worst thing you can do in terms of football moves. This move was done to sell tickets, and Rex and Tanny were given the monumental task of making it work. I think Woody is hedging his bets in case we falter, at least Tebow fans will keep watching and coming to games to support him. Again as a business man I understand it, but as a fan I think is stinks.
    Agreed 100%

We are down 30% from the old stadium for my tailgate. People priced out and the viewing tech at home or a bar has made it hard for people to go and drop $$$. Throw in all these kids sports and you get empty seats...

I know so many die-hard fans who dropped tickets because of PSLs. PSLs ruined sales and the atmosphere in the stadium. (Enter SAR to disagree)

None of this would have happened if he didn't do PSLs. All of this is his own fault. We were sold out every year for a very long time. Same thing happened with the Giants. They couldn't sell PSLs and tickets either. But, it helps this year when you just won the Superbowl. Both teams blew through their long waiting lists because of PSLs.

We are in an economy where winning is now a temporary solution to selling tickets. After a couple of years, nobody cares anymore and people can't justify the expense of PSLs. Look at the Yankees. They couldn't sell their most expensive seats behind home plate after winning a championship in 2009.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Honestly I think you're hell bent on defending where you live.
    I live in New Jersey.

Veteran
    Ain't that the truth! After dealing with the LIE and BQE on a daily basis is torture alone but than add Atlantic Ave to the arena and you have one of the worst drives in NY...

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    Ain't that the truth! After dealing with the LIE and BQE on a daily basis is torture alone but than add Atlantic Ave to the arena and you have one of the worst drives in NY...
    The Nets have an interesting problem on their hands. Whereas the Jets moved from suburb to suburb, the Nets are moving to a place that is about as inaccessible as can be to anyone who wants to live in a mansion and/or affluent suburb with great schools, etc. The Brooklyn renaissance is very real but that kind of scene isn't for everyone. Should be interesting to see what happens with them.

Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    I know so many die-hard fans who dropped tickets because of PSLs. PSLs ruined sales and the atmosphere in the stadium. (Enter SAR to disagree)
    Actually SAR is the reason it has been ruined.

Before PSLs, the fans were people who had the tickets passed down in their family, grew up with the team, had the same people they sat with, tailgated with, shared years of the team with.

Unfortunately many of those fans were not interested in paying a PSL (and in many cases it was not strictly about money) and those that stayed, now sit in a section with a revolving door or people as STH sell their tickets to recoup some of the money.

Those PSL owners (Im talking directly to you SAR) are now a bunch of whiny, annoying people, who don't tailgate, wear their tickets in a plastic sheath around their neck, and complain about fans that enjoy a bbq or few beers on a beautiful fall day. The same people that tell others to sit down during big plays.

Its a sad state of affairs in the stadium these days....which is a FACT. If it was as great as the old stadium, then there would be a 20K waiting list again, instead of constant reduced ticket prices and non-sellouts.