Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 99

Thread: Is Mark's skillset the closest to Tony Romo's?

  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    Schefter...the only member of the media that hasn't buried Sanchez before the season even starts...
    Sanchez can't make half the throws that Eli can. The pass Eli put on Manningham in the Super Bowl, Sanchez could never throw that pass

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    Schefter...the only member of the media that hasn't buried Sanchez before the season even starts...
    Obviously, Schefter does not use his eyes in evaluating QB's.

  3. #63
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Like his 0-3 performance down the stretch last year with the playoffs on the line?

    Comparing Sanchez to Romo is absurd.
    LOL, Tex, you have to do better than that.

    Tony Romo went 1-4 down the stretch last year with the playoffs on the line, totally blowing the division.

    Your comeback should've been: "Yeah, Sanchez is just like Romo, blowing the season with the playoffs on the line last year."

    You're slipping, ol' man.
    Last edited by SMC; 09-07-2012 at 11:22 AM.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    Schefter...the only member of the media that hasn't buried Sanchez before the season even starts...
    And SalPal. Go figure that the only person who has faith in this JetsO behind Sanchez is the one guy who was legit in and around camp.

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    LOL, Tex, you have to do better than that.

    Tony Romo went 1-4 down the stretch last year with the playoffs on the line, totally blowing the division.

    Your comeback should've been: "Yeah, Sanchez is just like Romo, blowing the season with the playoffs on the line last year."

    You're slipping, ol' man.
    Damn SMC, I completley forgot about the Cowboys tank job last year.

  6. #66
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,769
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    And SalPal. Go figure that the only person who has faith in this JetsO behind Sanchez is the one guy who was legit in and around camp.

    Or he's still completely terrified of Bart Scott and doesn't want to upset him in any way.

  7. #67
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Vinegar Hill, Brooklyn ...
    Posts
    2,229
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Super Bowl rings are the ultimate goal in a team sport.

    Super Bowl rings are not the way you evaluate overall talent as a QB.

    Would you take Big Ben or Eli over Rodgers, Brady or Brees?
    My point is no matter how supremely talented a qb is, the concept of rating a qb separately from winning super bowls, is, I believe asinine.

    Rating players individually is what is wrong with the sport, it all hero-branding for those of us who can't create our own hero's journey.

  8. #68
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornwood, NY
    Posts
    5,601
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post
    My point is no matter how supremely talented a qb is, the concept of rating a qb separately from winning super bowls, is, I believe asinine.

    Rating players individually is what is wrong with the sport, it all hero-branding for those of us who can't create our own hero's journey.
    So Dan Marino doesn't belong in the HoF?

    Put another way, if you had to assemble a team to beat the aliens (a la Space Jams) for the fate of the planet, you would pick Trent Dilfer (1 SB win) over Dan Marino (0 SB wins)? Just checking because that seems to be where you're headed.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post
    My point is no matter how supremely talented a qb is, the concept of rating a qb separately from winning super bowls, is, I believe asinine.

    Rating players individually is what is wrong with the sport, it all hero-branding for those of us who can't create our own hero's journey.
    Agreed....look at Rothlesberger's first SB win against Seattle. 9 completions, 123 yards, 2 picks. Tough to say he "won" a SB that day

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post
    My point is no matter how supremely talented a qb is, the concept of rating a qb separately from winning super bowls, is, I believe asinine.

    Rating players individually is what is wrong with the sport, it all hero-branding for those of us who can't create our own hero's journey.
    Please see nycdan's post.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    So Dan Marino doesn't belong in the HoF?

    Put another way, if you had to assemble a team to beat the aliens (a la Space Jams) for the fate of the planet, you would pick Trent Dilfer (1 SB win) over Dan Marino (0 SB wins)? Just checking because that seems to be where you're headed.
    +1

    Payton is the poster boy for putting up ridiculous numbers but not having them transfer to the post season.

    It's not necessarily "choking" -- there are A LOT of other factors to consider. But overall the guy who produces during the season is more likely to produce in the post-season -- it's not written in stone (Matt Ryan anyone?), but I'll take my chances with it . . .

  12. #72
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The Logical Side of Your Brain
    Posts
    637
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenSpleen View Post
    Sanchez can't make half the throws that Eli can. The pass Eli put on Manningham in the Super Bowl, Sanchez could never throw that pass
    Well, that's just an asinine statement..... and, incorrect. Sanchez made the same throw, to Braylon Edwards, on the final drive, in the comeback vs. the Texans.... except the Sanchez throw was better placed.

  13. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxman View Post
    Well, that's just an asinine statement..... and, incorrect. Sanchez made the same throw, to Braylon Edwards, on the final drive, in the comeback vs. the Texans.... except the Sanchez throw was better placed.
    You cite one throw Sanchez made over two years ago?

    GreenSpleen is absolutely correct, Sanchez couldn't make half the throws Romo did Wed night.

    Why do you think he is consistently in the bottom 3rd of QB's in completion percentage, YPA and QB rating?

    He can not effectively throw the ball down the field.

  14. #74
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    You cite one throw Sanchez made over two years ago?

    He can not effectively throw the ball down the field.
    Tex, you're getting close to the edge again.

    Someone asserted that Sanchez can't make the throw ELI made to Manningham in the SB.

    ONE throw.

    He did make the SAME exact throw to Edwards. Who cares when it was?

    2009 and 2010 Sanchez was perfectly competent throwing downfield.

    2011 he NEVER HAD THE CHANCE.

    Seriously, don't get yourself banned by letting your trolling go over-the-top.

    _

  15. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Tex, you're getting close to the edge again.

    Someone asserted that Sanchez can't make the throw ELI made to Manningham in the SB.

    ONE throw.

    He did make the SAME exact throw to Edwards. Who cares when it was?

    2009 and 2010 Sanchez was perfectly competent throwing downfield.

    2011 he NEVER HAD THE CHANCE.

    Seriously, don't get yourself banned by letting your trolling go over-the-top.

    _
    Not trolling at all Stokes.

    GS made a comment that Sanchez couldn't make half the throws Romo did Wednesday night.

    Lax said that was assinine and provided one example of a Sanchez throw.

    I just stated I agree with GS's original post.

    Nothing more.

  16. #76
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornwood, NY
    Posts
    5,601
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Not trolling at all Stokes.

    GS made a comment that Sanchez couldn't make half the throws Romo did Wednesday night.

    Lax said that was assinine and provided one example of a Sanchez throw.

    I just stated I agree with GS's original post.

    Nothing more.
    He hit Edwards in the Jan 2010 Colts playoff game for almost 50 yards in the air in perfect stride.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uK7xGm2SnA

    around 0:50. That's two examples. God I miss Braylon.

  17. #77
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Not trolling at all Stokes.

    GS made a comment that Sanchez couldn't make half the throws Romo did Wednesday night.

    Lax said that was assinine and provided one example of a Sanchez throw.

    I just stated I agree with GS's original post.

    Nothing more.
    Then you have a serious case of reading incomprehension, which I don't believe to be the case.

    Yes, statements were made about Romo's throws versus Sanchez.

    But specifically the statement was made that Sanchez couldn't make the throw that Eli made in the SB to Manningham, to which the response was 'yes, Sanchez made THE SAME THROW to Edwards'.

    You're trolling dude.

    Or you're getting dumb.

    _

  18. #78
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Not trolling at all Stokes.

    GS made a comment that Sanchez couldn't make half the throws Romo did Wednesday night.
    On reflection, I call bullsh*t.

    You were responding to a statement that Sanchez couldn't make HALF THE THROWS THAT ELI COULD.

    Apologize or incur the wrath.

    Honest mistake, I'll assume.

    _

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by kdelgado View Post
    Sanchez is naturally that type of player. Watch him in his first season and against the Pats in that playoff game or against the Steelers. Also he has that clutch coolness that Romo lacks, everyone here believed if he got the ball back in that second title game he was gonna win it.

    The offense should be catered to Mark Sanchez, Mark Sanchez should not be catering to the offense.
    + 100000!

    Problem is, don't really know if we're ever going to see that with Rex as HC. I love the guy, just doesn't seem his style. Not sure why we traded up to draft a QB at #5 overall if the plan was to never cater the offense to him...

  20. #80
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenSpleen View Post
    Sanchez can't make half the throws that Eli can. The pass Eli put on Manningham in the Super Bowl, Sanchez could never throw that pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxman View Post
    Well, that's just an asinine statement..... and, incorrect. Sanchez made the same throw, to Braylon Edwards, on the final drive, in the comeback vs. the Texans.... except the Sanchez throw was better placed.
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    You cite one throw Sanchez made over two years ago?

    GreenSpleen is absolutely correct, Sanchez couldn't make half the throws Romo did Wed night.
    Why do you think he is consistently in the bottom 3rd of QB's in completion percentage, YPA and QB rating?

    He can not effectively throw the ball down the field.
    Evelyn Wood would be ashamed of you.

    _

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us