Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jets have highest ticket prices

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Harris View Post
    I have little problem not going to games anymore. Wish I could take my son but the first thing I think of is the hassle of it all- too much money, driving, waiting in lines, concrete... I'll support my team from the comforts of home while "earning" $500 while doing it.
    You do that too? I thought I was the onlt one. Oh! I am thinking about a 62' screen up grade. Still doing a research on what brand I should get.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

There are more Jets fans in MetLife Stadium than there ever were at Giants Stadium, and they're willing to pay more for the privilege because they're more diehard than you.
    Come on SAR, that's a little over the top, even for you.

I had Pats season tickets for 10 years when they sucked. I attend a couple of Texans games (free tickets-lower level 30 yard line) and Pats away games each year.

I'm at the point where it is much more enjoyable to watch the games in HD from my living room than the hassle of actually going to the games.

A season ticket holder is no more a "diehard fan" than someone who watches the games elsewhere.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    Pretty sad considering the Pats didn't rape their fanbase with PSL's when they built their stadium.

Wouldn't be as hard to pay the extra money if that fat PSL cost wasn't added to the bill.
    That's because Mr. Kraft gets it. When he bought the Pats years ago, they were a terrible franchise in every way. As he turned their fortunes around, and was finally ready to build a new stadium, he realized that his fans were his partners and had already contributed for years by buying tickets. He didn't pile on by charging a PSL. Totally different business model from the Jets(if that's what you call what the Jets do), and the results couldn't be any different. The Pats are probably the model franchise in the NFl, with a strong, loyal fanbase, great leadership at all levels, and a respect around the league. Contrast that with the Jets, who can't get out of their own way can't even sell out their own stadium, and have a Disney character for an owner. Are PSL's, or the lack of, the only reason for the differences in the teams fortunes? Of course not, but the fact remains that they are nothing more than a needless tax on people. That said, the Jets are one 5-11 season away from being in the financial 'crapper."

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Crable View Post
    I used to have season tickets. I got on the waiting list in 1989 when I was still in college, I finally got tickets in 2000. In the meantime, I used to buy tickets from friends who rarely used them. So, I went to just about every game during the 1990s and early 2000s.

I gave mine up for reasons that had nothing to do with cost or PSLs or anything like that. Mainly it was:

1.) Distance: I moved out of Manhattan and up to CT, a 2 hour drive from the stadium with no traffic, and more like a 3 hour drive on gamedays. So, for a 1:00 game, I pretty much have to leave my house at 8:00AM and don't get home until after 8:00PM.

2.) Kids: Two boys who play soccer and football and often have games on Sundays in the fall. Don't want to miss their games.

3.) Just got tired of dealing with 80,000 drunk *******s every Sunday. I'm no elitist, and I enjoy a few beers like anyone else, but dealing with Joe Twelvepack in his replica Jets jersey, eye black, and accompanying tough guy attitude while he drops f-bomb after f-bomb and pisses all over the parking lot got a bit tedious, especially with a wife and two kids in tow.

I'll cherry-pick a game or two a year now, and go either with a friend or my older son who's 13 now. But, I don't really get that much enjoyment out of being there in person anymore. I'd much rather have people over and watch the games here than spend all day driving, fighting traffic, and dealing with drunks.
    I agree with all your statements except number three. I am taking my ten year old daughter to game on Sunday. Her first game. I would have never every done that in the old stadium. Lower Level Sideline PSLs eliminated the "Joe Twelvepack in his replica Jets jersey, eye black, and accompanying tough guy attitude while he drops f-bomb after f-bomb" near my seats. Sure I paid coin, but the coin I paid was not to see Jets but to be able to take wife, kids, people from work with me etc. In Upper Deck, good seats in Upper Deck Prime are also pretty safe. My niece and Nephews have been to several games there.

Pretty Much it is the whole UD EZ and UD Corners the Cheap Seats that have the loudmouth drunks. Those seats would be worthless to me as unless I make friends with the folks in the trailor parks I would have no one to go with.

The other perk is the seats near me were reserved for folks with senority, connections or sponsors. I get sr. mgt employees of the companies that sponsor stadium, corporate seats, long term season ticket holders from back in the day of Shea, NFL employees, and Jet owned seats held back to comp to VIPS. Sure lots of people sell on stubhub so it is not all PSL owners, but generally folks with stubhub fees and parking adding in who are paying almost $1,000 a pair are not low lifes. Plus I am a PSL owner, I can have a stubhub idiot booted. Plus I like fact you meet interesting people now, not sitting next to like in old stadium the fat lady with her three fat sons who brought huge smelly italian sandwichs to game and ate all the time and stood at wrong time. Yet you could never change seats. PSLs gave me the opportunity to enjoy Jets.

Plus I really enjoy taking people, old stadium until I got good seats the last year I had to beg people. For instance I was on a business trip last year and I sold my tickets at face to a guy I knew whose 12 year old son was a huge fan of opposing team, guess what the NFL seats next to mine the opposing Coaches family sat next to him. His wife told him all cool stuff and took the kid into locker room after game. People complain a lot about seats. But honestly anyone who was an existing season ticketholder who bought in LGL or LSL pre-price cuts are very happy and appreciate of how fair woody was. He could have screwed everyone in the first three rows or on the aisles, or towards higher priced seats by saying, no price cut, you got to pick the best seats in section. Meanwhile guy on the aisle in row one in section 135 right on 30 yard line got his PSL reduced. Woody did not have to do that, could have told guy pay 15k or move back to high row on middle and pay 10K. Also Woody was very nice with the PSLs by the mere fact he did not use dynamic pricing. Some other stadiums charged a prem for first three rows and aisle seats. They figured why not instead woody let long term season ticket holders have the best seats in the house. Look at SAR and me, the joy of sitting exactly where you want to sit for next 35 years all for a one time fee. God Bless you Woody Johnson.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyan66 View Post
    Sorry if posted - please merge if that's the case.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/83...mps-25-percent

The Jets topped the Patriots, who have sold out every game since 1994, by 10 cents ($117.84).
    Notice how the biased hacks at ESPN mention this fact about the pats, as if they're trying to embarrass the jets.

Do your homework, jackass, the jets have sold out every game since 1978!!!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    That's because Mr. Kraft gets it. When he bought the Pats years ago, they were a terrible franchise in every way. As he turned their fortunes around, and was finally ready to build a new stadium, he realized that his fans were his partners and had already contributed for years by buying tickets. He didn't pile on by charging a PSL. Totally different business model from the Jets(if that's what you call what the Jets do), and the results couldn't be any different. The Pats are probably the model franchise in the NFl, with a strong, loyal fanbase, great leadership at all levels, and a respect around the league. Contrast that with the Jets, who can't get out of their own way can't even sell out their own stadium, and have a Disney character for an owner. Are PSL's, or the lack of, the only reason for the differences in the teams fortunes? Of course not, but the fact remains that they are nothing more than a needless tax on people. That said, the Jets are one 5-11 season away from being in the financial 'crapper."
    That's a bit harsh. I live closer to Foxboro than I do to East Rutherford, and I listen to a lot of the Boston/New England media, fans, etc. And, I can tell you that - while you may be directionally correct - you are vastly overestimating the Patriots "strong, loyal fanbase". Pre-Tom Brady, EVERYONE around here was a Giants fan. And, you could have held archery practice in the old Foxboro Stadium during a game without fear of hitting anyone. It wasn't until video cameras and alternative radio frequencies came into vogue that the Patriots became the "model franchise".

Edit to add: And, trust me, the Jets are in fine shape financially. The PSLs all but paid for the stadium, there are no huge debt loads or interest payments, so once you cover the costs of the team salaries and a hundred million in marketing and other costs, essentially all revenues go directly to the profit line. The Jets could probably make a profit just from the NFL TV contract without ever selling a single ticket. This isn't the Mets we're talking about here.
    Last edited by Bob Crable; 09-07-2012 at 09:50 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    I agree with all your statements except number three. I am taking my ten year old daughter to game on Sunday. Her first game. I would have never every done that in the old stadium. Lower Level Sideline PSLs eliminated the "Joe Twelvepack in his replica Jets jersey, eye black, and accompanying tough guy attitude while he drops f-bomb after f-bomb" near my seats. Sure I paid coin, but the coin I paid was not to see Jets but to be able to take wife, kids, people from work with me etc. In Upper Deck, good seats in Upper Deck Prime are also pretty safe. My niece and Nephews have been to several games there.

Pretty Much it is the whole UD EZ and UD Corners the Cheap Seats that have the loudmouth drunks. Those seats would be worthless to me as unless I make friends with the folks in the trailor parks I would have no one to go with.

The other perk is the seats near me were reserved for folks with senority, connections or sponsors. I get sr. mgt employees of the companies that sponsor stadium, corporate seats, long term season ticket holders from back in the day of Shea, NFL employees, and Jet owned seats held back to comp to VIPS. Sure lots of people sell on stubhub so it is not all PSL owners, but generally folks with stubhub fees and parking adding in who are paying almost $1,000 a pair are not low lifes. Plus I am a PSL owner, I can have a stubhub idiot booted. Plus I like fact you meet interesting people now, not sitting next to like in old stadium the fat lady with her three fat sons who brought huge smelly italian sandwichs to game and ate all the time and stood at wrong time. Yet you could never change seats. PSLs gave me the opportunity to enjoy Jets.

Plus I really enjoy taking people, old stadium until I got good seats the last year I had to beg people. For instance I was on a business trip last year and I sold my tickets at face to a guy I knew whose 12 year old son was a huge fan of opposing team, guess what the NFL seats next to mine the opposing Coaches family sat next to him. His wife told him all cool stuff and took the kid into locker room after game. People complain a lot about seats. But honestly anyone who was an existing season ticketholder who bought in LGL or LSL pre-price cuts are very happy and appreciate of how fair woody was. He could have screwed everyone in the first three rows or on the aisles, or towards higher priced seats by saying, no price cut, you got to pick the best seats in section. Meanwhile guy on the aisle in row one in section 135 right on 30 yard line got his PSL reduced. Woody did not have to do that, could have told guy pay 15k or move back to high row on middle and pay 10K. Also Woody was very nice with the PSLs by the mere fact he did not use dynamic pricing. Some other stadiums charged a prem for first three rows and aisle seats. They figured why not instead woody let long term season ticket holders have the best seats in the house. Look at SAR and me, the joy of sitting exactly where you want to sit for next 35 years all for a one time fee. God Bless you Woody Johnson.
    All fair points.

Again, I gave up my seats before the new stadium was even conceptualized, so it had nothing to do with PSLs or anything. And, I'm glad to hear that the crowd has changed so that there aren't as many drunk idiots around. For the games I've been to in the new stadium, I've been in LLEZ - Sec 148 mostly. And, there have been some drunks there - and a lot of visiting team fans - but nothing like I used to see in the UD at Giants Stadium.

I was at a Jets-Giants game once. It was a Jets home game. I've seen fights in the stands and stuff before, but at this particular game I saw someone really get the **** beat out of them and it turned my stomach. Two guys in Jets jerseys were holding a guy in a Giants jersey against the wall in the concourse area while a third Jets fan threw haymakers at his face. It was disgusting. Inhuman. I think that was probably the one incident that made me say "no mas".

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Although the Pats did not have PSL's, they had the highest ticket prices in the NFL for years. Even now, their average ticket price is only 10 CENTS less than the Jets. The Giants aren't far behind the Jets in average ticket price either. Considering the Giants charged a PSL for every single UD seat, their pricing is pretty much on par with the Jets.

Source below.

Last edited by Digetydog; 09-07-2012 at 09:57 AM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    Although the Pats did not have PSL's, they had the highest ticket prices in the NFL for years. Even now, their average ticket price is only 10 CENTS less than the Jets. The Giants aren't far behind the Jets in average ticket price either. Considering the Giants charged a PSL for every single UD seat, their pricing is pretty much on par with the Jets.

Source below.

Giants only better think than Jets is no Great Hall Club, you can sit on 50 yard line lower level on visitors side at a cheap ticket price.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by townsell83 View Post
    Notice how the biased hacks at ESPN mention this fact about the pats, as if they're trying to embarrass the jets.

Do your homework, jackass, the jets have sold out every game since 1978!!!!
    Except they haven't. Even your owner is on record saying that they can't even sell out the home opener.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Look at SAR and me, the joy of sitting exactly where you want to sit for next 35 years all for a one time fee. God Bless you Woody Johnson.
    Absolutely.

The stadium is what, 95% sold out, we knew the Club seats wouldn't fly and that the UD had lousy sightlines. And the few thousand people 'missing' in the upper deck? Good.

Fewer dirtbags to piss on my BMW and curse in front of my children.

SAR I

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it depends on the person. I know a few people who bought PSLs who have buyers remorse and have been trying to bounce on the PSL fees or just want to get rid of the things. I know a few who are very happy with their purchase. A lot of the people I talk to have the same issue at the upper deck...different people around them each week.

Upper deck same thing I have one friend who loves his seats and I know others who have left.

We live in the USA Woody can do what he wants but I don't think PSL has even solved the issue of fan behavior. At one game I saw an idiot run from the lower level sidelines onto the field. Last year one time I was near a security guard and they were saying over the radio there were 2 altercations on in different parts of section 117.

Even worse is the security in the new place. Fights broke out in the old place but they were broken up quickly and anyone who even had a verbal altercation was ejected. Now two people get into a shoving match but if no punches are thrown they are allowed back to their seats. I've seen a lot more bloodied people in the new place than the old one.

Sure Vito from Oysta Bay with his Jets zubaz pants and ketchup stained Namath jersey cursing and being a jerk is gone but instead you know have 25 year old Kevin from Manhattan in the stadium who has beer muscles looking for a fight.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure if it's been mentioned, but the Giants charged their fans for PSLs for the UD while the Jets didn't, correct? I bet if that was figured in, the two would be pretty close.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    The $700 pricey club seats skew the average price relative to what other teams charge. What the average fan pays would be in line with what others are charging.

I remember when I went to a Raiders game in the early 80's. My seasons here were $18 or $25, don't remember and the Raiders ticket had a face value of $95.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    A mans got to know his limitations.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Not sure if it's been mentioned, but the Giants charged their fans for PSLs for the UD while the Jets didn't, correct? I bet if that was figured in, the two would be pretty close.
    The Jets also made section 139 "The Great Hall Club" with a $400 or $600 game day price. The Giants have it as regular seats with a price of $160 I believe.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    All speculation. Your schtick is old and tired. Spending money does not make you more diehard. I have been to 4 Super Bowls. Two of which the patriots won. It cost me lots of time and money. Does that make me more die hard than the toothless pats fan, wearing his Steve Grogan jersey and screaming his head off while watching the game in his trailer? I think not. If you did not have the money for a psl or season tickets would that make you less die hard? Same answer - no. Your not good buys or bad guys. You just have more disposable income and drank too much green kool aid. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Well said. I guess the poster who I will not name is to stupid to realize that not all Jets fans live in the NY area. Therefore, attending Jets games on Sundays might pose a challenge for those fans. Also, while some may be fortunate enough to have season tickets, in this economy, there are those who cannot and must prioritize expenses -- kids tuition, sick elderly parent, etc. IMO, just because you are not at season ticket holder doesn;t mean you are not a die hard.

Once again......a certain poster looking for attention.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    Does that make me more die hard than the toothless pats fan, wearing his Steve Grogan jersey and screaming his head off while watching the game in his trailer?
    What's wrong with having no teeth, wearing a nice red Steve Grogan jersey and living in a double-wide?

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    What's wrong with having no teeth, wearing a nice red Steve Grogan jersey and living in a double-wide?
    Twas the night before kickoff and all thru the house, not a creature was stirring except a pats fan on a Jets board. What a louse. (-;

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Doubt its a double wide