Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jets have highest ticket prices

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Go Titans

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Come on SAR, that's a little over the top, even for you.

I had Pats season tickets for 10 years when they sucked. I attend a couple of Texans games (free tickets-lower level 30 yard line) and Pats away games each year.

I'm at the point where it is much more enjoyable to watch the games in HD from my living room than the hassle of actually going to the games.

A season ticket holder is no more a "diehard fan" than someone who watches the games elsewhere.
    You're living proof that SAR's theory about what constitutes a die hard fan is flawed. You have 1,078,389 posts on AFC East team's messageboards, and even you hardly go to games anymore. If that isn't proof that you don't have to go to games to be diehard, I don't know what is...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    You're living proof that SAR's theory about what constitutes a die hard fan is flawed. You have 1,078,389 posts on AFC East team's messageboards, and even you hardly go to games anymore. If that isn't proof that you don't have to go to games to be diehard, I don't know what is...
    Look, two fans can be equally "diehard" from an emotional attachment standpoint. Both can read all the papers, get heated in discussion forums, watch all the talking heads on SNY, jump on the pregame radio show, pounce on the postgame TV show, call into WFAN, wear facepaint, and on and on.

But if one of those two fans is a season ticket holder and the other is not, it's the season ticket holder that is the more "diehard" and committed fan. There is no question about this. It is a plain and simple fact. 1) Money, 2) Time Away From Family. Those are the two most precious commodities. One spends it, the other doesn't.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Look, two fans can be equally "diehard" from an emotional attachment standpoint. Both can read all the papers, get heated in discussion forums, watch all the talking heads on SNY, jump on the pregame radio show, pounce on the postgame TV show, call into WFAN, wear facepaint, and on and on.

But if one of those two fans is a season ticket holder and the other is not, it's the season ticket holder that is the more "diehard" and committed fan. There is no question about this. It is a plain and simple fact. 1) Money, 2) Time Away From Family. Those are the two most precious commodities. One spends it, the other doesn't.

SAR I
    You missed my sarcasm. More just making fun of the fact that Tex has a gazillion posts on a bunch of fan messageboards than anything.