Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 44

Thread: Jets have highest ticket prices

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    1,076

    Jets have highest ticket prices

    Sorry if posted - please merge if that's the case.

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/83...mps-25-percent

    Jets have highest ticket prices
    Updated: September 6, 2012, 5:01 PM ET
    By Darren Rovell | ESPN.com

    The New York Jets can at least call themselves champions in one category: ticket prices.

    The Jets have the highest average, non-premium ticket price in the league at $117.94, according to Team Marketing Report's Fan Cost Index, which was released Thursday afternoon.

    The Jets topped the Patriots, who have sold out every game since 1994, by 10 cents ($117.84).

    In its annual survey, Team Marketing Report found that the average NFL ticket, purchased from a team, will cost $78.38 this season, up 2.5 percent from last year. The average cost to bring a family to the game and buy four regular tickets (not suite or club), two beers, four hot dogs, parking, program and two adult size hats is $443.93, up 3.9 percent from last year.

    Besides the Jets and Patriots, three other teams have non-suite tickets that are selling for more than $100: New York Giants ($111.69), Chicago Bears ($110.91) and Dallas Cowboys ($110.20).

    The teams with the cheapest average tickets: Cleveland Browns ($54.20), Buffalo Bills ($58.36) and Jacksonville Jaguars ($59.54).

    TMR says 10 teams raised ticket prices by at least one percent this year, up from the nine that dared to make increases coming into the lockout last season. The largest increase? The Chicago Bears at 9.3 percent. The average cost of a beer at a game is up 15 cents from last year to $7.28, the study found.

  2. #2
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,195
    TMR says 10 teams raised ticket prices by at least one percent this year, up from the nine that dared to make increases coming into the lockout last season. The largest increase? The Chicago Bears at 9.3 percent. The average cost of a beer at a game is up 15 cents from last year to $7.28, the study found.
    I paid $12 for a Sam Adams last night. That hurt a little.

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    W. Germany
    Posts
    1,158
    That's the price you pay for winning the Met Life Bowl 2011!

  4. #4
    Remember in the buildup to the new stadium all the STHs got a letter saying that the Jets did a study and found out they had some of the cheapest tickets in the league, so they were raising prices? Nice to see this is one race where we haven't fallen behind.

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The Iron Throne
    Posts
    2,739
    That pricing model might explain why the Jets ticket office called me TODAY asking if I wanted more season tickets.

    Jets need to rethink their entire pricing scheme.

  6. #6
    Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    12,235
    Images
    38079
    Pretty sad considering the Pats didn't rape their fanbase with PSL's when they built their stadium.

    Wouldn't be as hard to pay the extra money if that fat PSL cost wasn't added to the bill.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    Pretty sad considering the Pats didn't rape their fanbase with PSL's when they built their stadium.

    Wouldn't be as hard to pay the extra money if that fat PSL cost wasn't added to the bill.
    PSL's go directly into the owners coffers.

    I wouldn't blame any owner for trying to maximize his return on investment.

  8. #8
    You would've thought sharing a stadium meant lower ticket prices. But no.

    Woody is more about turning a profit than winning a championship. That's why Tebow is here instead of a star RB, RT, or WR.

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    great midwest -well not so great
    Posts
    8,953
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    PSL's go directly into the owners coffers.

    I wouldn't blame any owner for trying to maximize his return on investment.
    gfy

  10. #10
    If I owned the team, I'd be the coolest owner ever.

    I'd fly around the field in a little helicopter, handing out free beers to fans. And everyone would get to date a cheerleader.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Crable View Post
    If I owned the team, I'd be the coolest owner ever.

    I'd fly around the field in a little helicopter, handing out free beers to fans. And everyone would get to date a cheerleader.
    this

  12. #12
    Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    12,235
    Images
    38079
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    You would've thought sharing a stadium meant lower ticket prices. But no.

    Woody is more about turning a profit than winning a championship. That's why Tebow is here instead of a star RB, RT, or WR.
    It's really amazing. If a person on Wall St tried a money grab like this they would be thrown in jail. Double PSL's, the highest ticket prices in the NFL and a much worse fan/tailgating experience.

    We're all sheep.

  13. #13
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,964
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Crable View Post
    If I owned the team, I'd be the coolest owner ever.

    I'd fly around the field in a little helicopter, handing out free beers to fans. And everyone would get to date a cheerleader.
    We tried this and chopped a dudes head off at Shea.




    -

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Murray Hill
    Posts
    7,493
    I have little problem not going to games anymore. Wish I could take my son but the first thing I think of is the hassle of it all- too much money, driving, waiting in lines, concrete... I'll support my team from the comforts of home while "earning" $500 while doing it.

  15. #15
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,648
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    It's really amazing. If a person on Wall St tried a money grab like this they would be thrown in jail. Double PSL's, the highest ticket prices in the NFL and a much worse fan/tailgating experience.

    We're all sheep.
    .....yet the stadium is 90-95% sold out including pricey Club seats, so what does that tell you?

    .....yet the fans who are PSL owners and season ticket holders aren't complaining, so what does that tell you?

    .....yet the only people who are complaining aren't season ticket holders, so what does that tell you?

    The answers? JI has a dozen malcontents who dumped their season tickets because the Jets took Leon Hess' foolish 1980 business model and trashed it, ended their little game of selling seats for 5 games to enemy fans to attend the other 5 for free, allowed really good Jets fans who suffered in the GS upper deck for decades to finally get good seats too.

    And all we get on JI for this is grief. We're not sheep. We're not unhappy. We're diehard. More diehard than the fan who just quit for his couch. More diehard than the fan who didn't pony up PSL money and ran to the UD. PSL owners are the good guys here, we wear the white hats. You're watching the wrong Western.

    SAR I

  16. #16
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,648
    Quote Originally Posted by David Harris View Post
    I have little problem not going to games anymore. Wish I could take my son but the first thing I think of is the hassle of it all- too much money, driving, waiting in lines, concrete... I'll support my team from the comforts of home while "earning" $500 while doing it.
    That's great, good for you, nothing wrong with that.

    Just know that PSL owners aren't unhappy that you're gone and you're not missed. There are more Jets fans in MetLife Stadium than there ever were at Giants Stadium, and they're willing to pay more for the privilege because they're more diehard than you.

    More Jets fans in a stadium where everyone got the seat they wanted at the price they wanted to pay. Yeah, there's a lot wrong there. We're all sheep? Nope. We're all happy.

    SAR I

  17. #17
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Huntington, NY
    Posts
    8,544
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    .....yet the stadium is 90-95% sold out including pricey Club seats, so what does that tell you?

    .....yet the fans who are PSL owners and season ticket holders aren't complaining, so what does that tell you?

    .....yet the only people who are complaining aren't season ticket holders, so what does that tell you?

    The answers? JI has a dozen malcontents who dumped their season tickets because the Jets took Leon Hess' foolish 1980 business model and trashed it, ended their little game of selling seats for 5 games to enemy fans to attend the other 5 for free, allowed really good Jets fans who suffered in the GS upper deck for decades to finally get good seats too.

    And all we get on JI for this is grief. We're not sheep. We're not unhappy. We're diehard. More diehard than the fan who just quit for his couch. More diehard than the fan who didn't pony up PSL money and ran to the UD. PSL owners are the good guys here, we wear the white hats. You're watching the wrong Western.

    SAR I
    All speculation. Your schtick is old and tired. Spending money does not make you more diehard. I have been to 4 Super Bowls. Two of which the patriots won. It cost me lots of time and money. Does that make me more die hard than the toothless pats fan, wearing his Steve Grogan jersey and screaming his head off while watching the game in his trailer? I think not. If you did not have the money for a psl or season tickets would that make you less die hard? Same answer - no. Your not good buys or bad guys. You just have more disposable income and drank too much green kool aid. Nothing more, nothing less.

  18. #18
    That study must have been done prior to the price cuts for $50 seats. Jets are still selling season tickets in the $50 dollar area up to five pm today.

    So that means with no pre-season you can buy full season tickets in Upper Deck for $400 bucks a seat.

    When was last time Jets Upper Deck full season tickets were $400 each, I bet many of you were children last time it was that price.

    Anyone know how far back I have to go to see $400 full season tickets in UD?

  19. #19
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Huntington, NY
    Posts
    8,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    That study must have been done prior to the price cuts for $50 seats. Jets are still selling season tickets in the $50 dollar area up to five pm today.

    So that means with no pre-season you can buy full season tickets in Upper Deck for $400 bucks a seat.

    When was last time Jets Upper Deck full season tickets were $400 each, I bet many of you were children last time it was that price.

    Anyone know how far back I have to go to see $400 full season tickets in UD?
    According to AP it includes the new ticket pricing:

    NEW YORK (AP)

    The New York Jets are tops in the NFL in average ticket prices.

    Rex Ryan
    LATEST JETS MESS

    Tebow disappointed in Jets
    Pennington: Jets, Tebow can work
    Cromartie sticks by WRs dig
    Otah fails physical again
    Wilkerson hurt in crash
    Cromartie's wife faked suicide try?

    Team Marketing Report released its Fan Cost Index on Thursday, with the Jets having the highest average for non-premium tickets at $117.94. They beat out their AFC East rivals, the New England Patriots, by 10 cents.

    The Jets lowered some ticket prices for this year, but the total remains much higher than the league average, which is $78.38 a 2.5 percent increase from last season. The Chicago Bears had the highest increase in average ticket prices at 9.2 percent, and rank fourth in the NFL at $110.91 per ticket.

    The Super Bowl champion Giants are third at $111.69.

    The Cleveland Browns have the lowest average per ticket at $54.20.


    -----------------------------------------------------


    The Jets and giants rank 1 and 3 respectively in ticket pricing. Pretty ironic. This wonderful idea for a shared stadium was supposed to have saved the teams piles of money and yet the fans still get it in the ass.

  20. #20
    I used to have season tickets. I got on the waiting list in 1989 when I was still in college, I finally got tickets in 2000. In the meantime, I used to buy tickets from friends who rarely used them. So, I went to just about every game during the 1990s and early 2000s.

    I gave mine up for reasons that had nothing to do with cost or PSLs or anything like that. Mainly it was:

    1.) Distance: I moved out of Manhattan and up to CT, a 2 hour drive from the stadium with no traffic, and more like a 3 hour drive on gamedays. So, for a 1:00 game, I pretty much have to leave my house at 8:00AM and don't get home until after 8:00PM.

    2.) Kids: Two boys who play soccer and football and often have games on Sundays in the fall. Don't want to miss their games.

    3.) Just got tired of dealing with 80,000 drunk *******s every Sunday. I'm no elitist, and I enjoy a few beers like anyone else, but dealing with Joe Twelvepack in his replica Jets jersey, eye black, and accompanying tough guy attitude while he drops f-bomb after f-bomb and pisses all over the parking lot got a bit tedious, especially with a wife and two kids in tow.

    I'll cherry-pick a game or two a year now, and go either with a friend or my older son who's 13 now. But, I don't really get that much enjoyment out of being there in person anymore. I'd much rather have people over and watch the games here than spend all day driving, fighting traffic, and dealing with drunks.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us