Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What are the keys for Sanchez this Sunday?

Hall Of Fame
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    No crying n the sidelines when he is replaced by tebow.
    OUCH!

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby2times View Post
    Dont turn over the ball. Dont turnover the ball. Dont turn over the goddamn ball.
    +1000

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    A good recipe to lose.

If the Jets do not consistently stretch the field, and get the Bills safeties off the LOS the Jets offense will fail.

And for everyone saying "don't turn the ball over", that is nonsensical. You cannot have a QB playing in fear of turning the ball over, he has to be encouraged to make plays, and if he throws an INT get it back the next series.

Trying to not throw picks is like the average golfer saying "just don't hit it in the water" which pretty much guarantees he will.
    Why do you feel the bills are going to put a safety in the box? I agree that Wilson will be in the box with Tebow is taking the snap , but I think the Bills play it straight. Unless Rex goes 2TE or a two back set.

Shon Greene is a nice back, but not somebody you take a guy out of coverage to defend

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I
    1) Start FAST.

2) Success in the shotgun.

3) Take advantage of easy opportunities.

If Sanchez can manage to do these 3 things, The Jets will win. Your thoughts?
    1. Dying to see the "uptempo O" we've been hearing about since camp.

I'm all for the no-huddle whenever we're behind or if the Bills get a rhythm going. Good way for the Jets to take control.

2. Keep a body in the backfield. I really don't like to see an empty backfield with the shotgun cos it dictates a pass (unless Mark runs it himself).

3. Catch INTs and recover fumbles. They're free gifts - take them. Nothing worse than dropping a sure pick or letting the ball squirt around for the other team to get. Play heads-up fundamental football on every snap.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBensAngel7 View Post
    OUCH!
    Or worse being consoled by Holmes

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    No more pick 6's.
    Typical.

Hall Of Fame
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post

Or worse being consoled by Holmes
    i am sure Holmes has a nice way of consoling someone... just give them some pot.

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    I think the "don't turn the ball over" meme is overrated.

Romo threw an INT on Wednesday night, but no one cares because he threw 3 TDs.

It's about scoring TDs, whether he throws it, runs it in, or a RB runs it in. TD scoring drives. If Sanchez leads the offense on TD drives to turnover ratio of at least 2:1, the Jets should be fine. In other words, for every turnover, Sanchez should be leading the offense on at least 2 TD drives.
    I totally agree. You want to see aggressive playmaking but with minimal mistakes made.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    I think you're missing the point. No one's saying Mark should be frozen in fear of throwing a TO -- they're simply saying it's a "key" to winning the game.

Just like your golf example. The golfer shouldn't obsess about the water, but if he finds himself there a few times over the course of the round there's very little chance he's leaving a winner . . .
    +1

like I said in a earlier post, I dont want mark to be conservative with his throws, I just want him to limit the boneheaded, head scratching INT