Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What are the keys for Sanchez this Sunday?

What are the keys for Sanchez this Sunday?

I think the Bills are going to try and test this OL early and often. I'm sure their aware of Austin Howard being the next person in line after Wayne Hunter was determined to be a bum.

They will try to rattle Sanchez. Their going to try and get into his head.

My keys for Sanchez against Buffalo:

1) Start FAST. IMO, this team is no longer good enough to take 1/3 of the game without any sort of offensive success and then kick the sh*t out of teams like they did in 2010. They must start faster. It's important that Sanchez take the team down the field and score in the 1st quarter to build his confidence.

2) Success in the shotgun. The Bills are going to try and get after Sanchez and given that the Jets could have problems along the OL, I think it would be better to have Sanchez play a lot more snaps in the shotgun. Use that over committal to the blitz against the Bills.

3) Take advantage of easy opportunities. By my way of thinking, the Jets defense is going to get after Ryan Fitzpatrick and provide Sanchez with some short field opportuinities. Sanchez MUST take advantage of this and put easy points on the board.

If Sanchez can manage to do these 3 things, The Jets will win. Your thoughts?

I predict Tebow lining up behind Sanchez, bluffing the wildcat, and open receivers downfield or dumpoffs to Tebow for good gains.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    I predict Tebow lining up behind Sanchez, bluffing the wildcat, and open receivers downfield or dumpoffs to Tebow for good gains.
    I really like the idea of lining tebow up as an h-back, FB, etc. it makes the wildcat much less predictable. but on sunday all I want to see is sanchez not to try and do too much, buffalo is going to try and send the heat all I want mark to do is not give up the big turnover and let the game come to him

Two word phrases ....

Screen Pass
    Quick Outs
    Play Action
    Quick Slants
    Hand Off

There are a few ideas to stay alive Sunday.

Dont turn over the ball. Dont turnover the ball. Dont turn over the goddamn ball.

Don't throw it to the guys with the buffaloes on their hats.

All League
    Keeping Eva Longoria happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I think the Bills are going to try and test this OL early and often. I'm sure their aware of Austin Howard being the next person in line after Wayne Hunter was determined to be a bum.

1) Start FAST. IMO, this team is no longer good enough to take 1/3 of the game without any sort of offensive success and then kick the sh*t out of teams like they did in 2010. They must start faster. It's important that Sanchez take the team down the field and score in the 1st quarter to build his confidence.

2) Success in the shotgun. The Bills are going to try and get after Sanchez and given that the Jets could have problems along the OL, I think it would be better to have Sanchez play a lot more snaps in the shotgun. Use that over committal to the blitz against the Bills.

3) Take advantage of easy opportunities. By my way of thinking, the Jets defense is going to get after Ryan Fitzpatrick and provide Sanchez with some short field opportuinities. Sanchez MUST take advantage of this and put easy points on the board.

I actually think he needs to work play action and roll outs/moving pocket more then sit in the shotgun. The shotgun will give him some extra time to survey the field which is important, but I want to mix things up to try to keep mario from simply going all out on the rush.

I hope the first play we run is a screen right over mario....figure he will be pretty amped up going against howard and having played so little last year, get him coming up field, have connor chip him to reduce the risk of a miami-esque int or him catching the play from behind and hit greene on a screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post

Keys for Sanchez:
    1) o-line needs to block
    2) WRs need to get open
    3) WRs need to catch ball
    4) Sparano can't call plays like Schotty

No more pick 6's.

Jets Insider VIP
    Sanchez needs to play like romo did last night. Avoid the rush and throw some tds.

All Pro
    1. Don't turn the ball over

2. Don't turn the ball over

3. Don't turn the ball over

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    1. Don't turn the ball over

2. Don't turn the ball over

3. Don't turn the ball over
    I don't mind a pick or two. As long as he moves the ball and scores points. Our defense has proven it can't close out games and can't win without the offense being productive. You can't be productive if you don't take chances.

Sanchez biggest asset is his play action. Everyone expects us to run so use it and he does do it well. If we see it early I think we will move the ball well and open up for the run. I expect them to give Hill a lot of looks early here. Rookie vs rookie I'm expecting him to have a big game. Tebow could even play a roll in that. I just don't see the advantage of taking him and running him straight at Williams on week one. Just keep running Greene up the middle. Buffs DL will not be able to stop him. I really feel this should be Rex's statement game. Let him build at nice lead then let Sanchez air it out a few plays. I just don't see where Buff has the team to run with the JETS. If they score 14 here the D should be ashamed. We haven't lost to this team in a while so we shouldn't go crazy showing a SD like O just to prove a point. We should look good but it is Buff who I still say is a bottom 5 team.

Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    I don't mind a pick or two. As long as he moves the ball and scores points. Our defense has proven it can't close out games and can't win without the offense being productive. You can't be productive if you don't take chances.
    Our defense hasn't proven anything because it hasn't taken the field yet.

We tried "putting the ball in Mark's hands" last year, and we went back to conservative play-calling pretty quickly. That doesn't mean he's not ready to take the step this year, but I don't think it's a good idea to make him feel like he has to "win" the game for us either . . .

All Pro
    Maybe I should clarify...

I don't want Sanchez to be ultra conservative with his throws, but as we all know he is prone to the head scratching, boneheaded INT. That's what I want him to eliminate. I have faith Mark can do it, he's looked good this preseason moving the ball in the CAR game and making sound decisions overall....

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    Our defense hasn't proven anything because it hasn't taken the field yet.

We tried "putting the ball in Mark's hands" last year, and we went back to conservative play-calling pretty quickly. That doesn't mean he's not ready to take the step this year, but I don't think it's a good idea to make him feel like he has to "win" the game for us either . . .
    He was ready, if you remember he was slinging the ball around early last season go check the stats. What happened was Mangold went down and then Sanchez went to Baltimore and almost died. Rex had no choice but to protect his QB and go back to ground and pound, the backup was Brunell for christ sakes. Sanchez IMO has been skittish in the pocket ever since that game.

Normally I would disagree with this. BUT I think that is exactly what this team needs. Good or bad out come they have to at least try to make plays this year. Just trying not to turn the ball over is not Sanchez's game. So the way I see it if he is going to throw picks I'd rather it be going for a 30 yard play then a 5 yard slant.

Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    Keys for Sanchez:
    1) o-line needs to block
    2) WRs need to get open
    3) WRs need to catch ball
    4) Sparano can't call plays like Schotty
    1 Sanchez needs to play better period. That way people will not have to continue to blame everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    He was ready, if you remember he was slinging the ball around early last season go check the stats. What happened was Mangold went down and then Sanchez went to Baltimore and almost died. Rex had no choice but to protect his QB and go back to ground and pound, the backup was Brunell for christ sakes. Sanchez IMO has been skittish in the pocket ever since that game.
    I'd love to think he's ready, but your last sentence would further encourage caution in handing him the reins week one, no?