Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 69

Thread: What are the keys for Sanchez this Sunday?

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby2times View Post
    Dont turn over the ball. Dont turnover the ball. Dont turn over the goddamn ball.

    and don't turn the ball over!

  2. #22
    1) Screens
    2) Draws
    3) Misdirection


    Even if your O-line is outmatched, you can slow down a pass rush by making them think. They'll still be coming, but it you're just being overwhelmed, it will give the QB an extra fraction of a second to get rid of the ball.

  3. #23
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Hoboken, NJ
    Posts
    1,414
    It all starts with the protection. He's shown that if he has the time he can make the throws. It'll be all about not only the OL doing their job, but the RB and FB helping/chipping. Also, putting Sanchez in a position to succeed. Roll him out to buy some time, he's shown he can do some real good things when rolling right away from the pass rush to buy a second or 2. Run some nice safe routes early to get him into a rhythm.

    Something else I always like is the hurry-up. It worked against us last year. If they can get a favorable D matchup on the field, try to exploit it w/ the hurry-up. It also helps get Sanchez and the O in a rhythm.

    If he gets hit early and often, I'm afraid he'll revert back to the Sanchez of last year with happy feet and one eye constantly on the rush, and honestly I can't even blame him.

  4. #24
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South Bound Brook
    Posts
    2,313
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    1) Screens
    2) Draws
    3) Misdirection


    Even if your O-line is outmatched, you can slow down a pass rush by making them think. They'll still be coming, but it you're just being overwhelmed, it will give the QB an extra fraction of a second to get rid of the ball.
    The jets are absolutely horrible as executing screens. I've never seen a team be so badly as them. I think its a reason we didn't use them more last year.

  5. #25
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    6,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    The jets are absolutely horrible as executing screens. I've never seen a team be so badly as them. I think its a reason we didn't use them more last year.
    Understatement!

  6. #26
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,065
    Composure composure composure

  7. #27
    Lots of screens and draws to Super Mario's side. I liked how The Giants motioned the TE to Ware's side. Too bad we don't have a TE.

  8. #28
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,933
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    The jets are absolutely horrible as executing screens. I've never seen a team be so badly as them. I think its a reason we didn't use them more last year.
    Absoutey right and the sad thing is, it's 90% coaching and learning the timing and the other 10% execution and personel. Same thing with KO returns in my opinion.

  9. #29
    Kind of hard to say what a key would be for Mark the first game of the season.
    I don't know if Buffalo will blitz much with Anderson and Williams on the d-line.
    But my guess is that they will play him straight and take Rex at his word that they will primarily be a running team.

    With 2 athletic DE chasing him, I would think short passes in the middle of the field is the way he attacks. I am thinking the jets use a lot of three step drops

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    Our defense hasn't proven anything because it hasn't taken the field yet.

    We tried "putting the ball in Mark's hands" last year, and we went back to conservative play-calling pretty quickly. That doesn't mean he's not ready to take the step this year, but I don't think it's a good idea to make him feel like he has to "win" the game for us either . . .
    Putting the ball in sanchez's hands is not exactly what happened. Did we throw more, yes, but you have to look at what actually happened on the field.

    Sure we threw more, but did we even remotely try to play to Marks skill set? Instead of working play action and rollouts to get the ball downfield, schotty had him standing back there like a drop back passer, throwing 6-8 yard passes. That really isnt putting the ball in his hands.

    I think this year we will stretch the field and take more chances which should really open some things up for us

  11. #31
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,646
    SAME AS EVERY OTHER SUNDAY...

    DONT TURN THE BALL OVER

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak10 View Post
    It all starts with the protection. He's shown that if he has the time he can make the throws. It'll be all about not only the OL doing their job, but the RB and FB helping/chipping. Also, putting Sanchez in a position to succeed. Roll him out to buy some time, he's shown he can do some real good things when rolling right away from the pass rush to buy a second or 2. Run some nice safe routes early to get him into a rhythm.

    Something else I always like is the hurry-up. It worked against us last year. If they can get a favorable D matchup on the field, try to exploit it w/ the hurry-up. It also helps get Sanchez and the O in a rhythm.

    If he gets hit early and often, I'm afraid he'll revert back to the Sanchez of last year with happy feet and one eye constantly on the rush, and honestly I can't even blame him.
    1) It's all about protection. We don't have a blocking TE but we can field and extra lineman, Smith. It worked pretty well in 3rd pre-season game.

    2) Our $45 mil WR has to get free early and often

    3) Take the blinders off Sanchez and let him roll out or do what comes natural.

    Do these things and we will look like a different team.

  13. #33
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South Bound Brook
    Posts
    2,313
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJCAP2 View Post
    Absoutey right and the sad thing is, it's 90% coaching and learning the timing and the other 10% execution and personel. Same thing with KO returns in my opinion.
    its true. Last year when we ran a screen it was like they just learned the play that week. A well executed screen can really hurt an overly aggressive defense. And thats what we were facing last year because teams figured out they could get to Mark early and often.

    I really wish we would work on them more.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    1. Don't turn the ball over

    2. Don't turn the ball over

    3. Don't turn the ball over
    In my opinion this is 100% wrong. If you try to not make turnovers you will tend to be conservative and indecisive, which tends to lead to turnovers.

    Instead I think you need to ask the QB to aggressive against single coverage.

    For Mark to be successfull this weekend he needs to go deep a minimum of 5 times not including the first snap.

  15. #35
    Not throwing Interceptions or fumbling.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Kind of hard to say what a key would be for Mark the first game of the season.
    I don't know if Buffalo will blitz much with Anderson and Williams on the d-line.
    But my guess is that they will play him straight and take Rex at his word that they will primarily be a running team.

    With 2 athletic DE chasing him, I would think short passes in the middle of the field is the way he attacks. I am thinking the jets use a lot of three step drops
    short passes to hill, kerley and powell. i agree. especially with keller hurting.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    short passes to hill, kerley and powell. i agree. especially with keller hurting.
    A good recipe to lose.

    If the Jets do not consistently stretch the field, and get the Bills safeties off the LOS the Jets offense will fail.

    And for everyone saying "don't turn the ball over", that is nonsensical. You cannot have a QB playing in fear of turning the ball over, he has to be encouraged to make plays, and if he throws an INT get it back the next series.

    Trying to not throw picks is like the average golfer saying "just don't hit it in the water" which pretty much guarantees he will.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Lots of screens and draws to Super Mario's side. I liked how The Giants motioned the TE to Ware's side. Too bad we don't have a TE.
    Our starting RB can't catch, either...

  19. #39
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    Posts
    4,455
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    1. Don't turn the ball over

    2. Don't turn the ball over

    3. Don't turn the ball over
    That is it in a nutshell!!

  20. #40
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cape Coral, FL
    Posts
    1,071
    First play, play action to greene towards Mario so he can chip him. Long pass to Hill on a fly pattern. I don't care if they complete it, just make them think.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us