Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 69

Thread: What are the keys for Sanchez this Sunday?

  1. #1
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    13,230
    Post Thanks / Like

    What are the keys for Sanchez this Sunday?

    I think the Bills are going to try and test this OL early and often. I'm sure their aware of Austin Howard being the next person in line after Wayne Hunter was determined to be a bum.

    They will try to rattle Sanchez. Their going to try and get into his head.

    My keys for Sanchez against Buffalo:

    1) Start FAST. IMO, this team is no longer good enough to take 1/3 of the game without any sort of offensive success and then kick the sh*t out of teams like they did in 2010. They must start faster. It's important that Sanchez take the team down the field and score in the 1st quarter to build his confidence.

    2) Success in the shotgun. The Bills are going to try and get after Sanchez and given that the Jets could have problems along the OL, I think it would be better to have Sanchez play a lot more snaps in the shotgun. Use that over committal to the blitz against the Bills.

    3) Take advantage of easy opportunities. By my way of thinking, the Jets defense is going to get after Ryan Fitzpatrick and provide Sanchez with some short field opportuinities. Sanchez MUST take advantage of this and put easy points on the board.

    If Sanchez can manage to do these 3 things, The Jets will win. Your thoughts?

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Confederacy
    Posts
    12,868
    Post Thanks / Like
    I predict Tebow lining up behind Sanchez, bluffing the wildcat, and open receivers downfield or dumpoffs to Tebow for good gains.

  3. #3
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,883
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    I predict Tebow lining up behind Sanchez, bluffing the wildcat, and open receivers downfield or dumpoffs to Tebow for good gains.
    I really like the idea of lining tebow up as an h-back, FB, etc. it makes the wildcat much less predictable. but on sunday all I want to see is sanchez not to try and do too much, buffalo is going to try and send the heat all I want mark to do is not give up the big turnover and let the game come to him

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,108
    Post Thanks / Like
    Two word phrases ....

    Screen Pass
    Quick Outs
    Play Action
    Quick Slants
    Hand Off

    There are a few ideas to stay alive Sunday.

  5. #5
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    135
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dont turn over the ball. Dont turnover the ball. Dont turn over the goddamn ball.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    296
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't throw it to the guys with the buffaloes on their hats.

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,721
    Post Thanks / Like
    Keeping Eva Longoria happy!

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    5,218
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I think the Bills are going to try and test this OL early and often. I'm sure their aware of Austin Howard being the next person in line after Wayne Hunter was determined to be a bum.

    They will try to rattle Sanchez. Their going to try and get into his head.

    My keys for Sanchez against Buffalo:

    1) Start FAST. IMO, this team is no longer good enough to take 1/3 of the game without any sort of offensive success and then kick the sh*t out of teams like they did in 2010. They must start faster. It's important that Sanchez take the team down the field and score in the 1st quarter to build his confidence.

    2) Success in the shotgun. The Bills are going to try and get after Sanchez and given that the Jets could have problems along the OL, I think it would be better to have Sanchez play a lot more snaps in the shotgun. Use that over committal to the blitz against the Bills.

    3) Take advantage of easy opportunities. By my way of thinking, the Jets defense is going to get after Ryan Fitzpatrick and provide Sanchez with some short field opportuinities. Sanchez MUST take advantage of this and put easy points on the board.

    If Sanchez can manage to do these 3 things, The Jets will win. Your thoughts?
    I actually think he needs to work play action and roll outs/moving pocket more then sit in the shotgun. The shotgun will give him some extra time to survey the field which is important, but I want to mix things up to try to keep mario from simply going all out on the rush.

    I hope the first play we run is a screen right over mario....figure he will be pretty amped up going against howard and having played so little last year, get him coming up field, have connor chip him to reduce the risk of a miami-esque int or him catching the play from behind and hit greene on a screen.

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,272
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I think the Bills are going to try and test this OL early and often. I'm sure their aware of Austin Howard being the next person in line after Wayne Hunter was determined to be a bum.

    They will try to rattle Sanchez. Their going to try and get into his head.

    My keys for Sanchez against Buffalo:

    1) Start FAST. IMO, this team is no longer good enough to take 1/3 of the game without any sort of offensive success and then kick the sh*t out of teams like they did in 2010. They must start faster. It's important that Sanchez take the team down the field and score in the 1st quarter to build his confidence.

    2) Success in the shotgun. The Bills are going to try and get after Sanchez and given that the Jets could have problems along the OL, I think it would be better to have Sanchez play a lot more snaps in the shotgun. Use that over committal to the blitz against the Bills.

    3) Take advantage of easy opportunities. By my way of thinking, the Jets defense is going to get after Ryan Fitzpatrick and provide Sanchez with some short field opportuinities. Sanchez MUST take advantage of this and put easy points on the board.

    If Sanchez can manage to do these 3 things, The Jets will win. Your thoughts?
    Keys for Sanchez:
    1) o-line needs to block
    2) WRs need to get open
    3) WRs need to catch ball
    4) Sparano can't call plays like Schotty

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3,564
    Post Thanks / Like
    No more pick 6's.

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,918
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez needs to play like romo did last night. Avoid the rush and throw some tds.

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,166
    Post Thanks / Like
    1. Don't turn the ball over

    2. Don't turn the ball over

    3. Don't turn the ball over

  13. #13
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South Bound Brook
    Posts
    1,901
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    1. Don't turn the ball over

    2. Don't turn the ball over

    3. Don't turn the ball over
    I don't mind a pick or two. As long as he moves the ball and scores points. Our defense has proven it can't close out games and can't win without the offense being productive. You can't be productive if you don't take chances.

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,952
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez biggest asset is his play action. Everyone expects us to run so use it and he does do it well. If we see it early I think we will move the ball well and open up for the run. I expect them to give Hill a lot of looks early here. Rookie vs rookie I'm expecting him to have a big game. Tebow could even play a roll in that. I just don't see the advantage of taking him and running him straight at Williams on week one. Just keep running Greene up the middle. Buffs DL will not be able to stop him. I really feel this should be Rex's statement game. Let him build at nice lead then let Sanchez air it out a few plays. I just don't see where Buff has the team to run with the JETS. If they score 14 here the D should be ashamed. We haven't lost to this team in a while so we shouldn't go crazy showing a SD like O just to prove a point. We should look good but it is Buff who I still say is a bottom 5 team.

  15. #15
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,219
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    I don't mind a pick or two. As long as he moves the ball and scores points. Our defense has proven it can't close out games and can't win without the offense being productive. You can't be productive if you don't take chances.
    Our defense hasn't proven anything because it hasn't taken the field yet.

    We tried "putting the ball in Mark's hands" last year, and we went back to conservative play-calling pretty quickly. That doesn't mean he's not ready to take the step this year, but I don't think it's a good idea to make him feel like he has to "win" the game for us either . . .

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,166
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    I don't mind a pick or two. As long as he moves the ball and scores points. Our defense has proven it can't close out games and can't win without the offense being productive. You can't be productive if you don't take chances.
    Maybe I should clarify...

    I don't want Sanchez to be ultra conservative with his throws, but as we all know he is prone to the head scratching, boneheaded INT. That's what I want him to eliminate. I have faith Mark can do it, he's looked good this preseason moving the ball in the CAR game and making sound decisions overall....

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,166
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    Our defense hasn't proven anything because it hasn't taken the field yet.

    We tried "putting the ball in Mark's hands" last year, and we went back to conservative play-calling pretty quickly. That doesn't mean he's not ready to take the step this year, but I don't think it's a good idea to make him feel like he has to "win" the game for us either . . .
    He was ready, if you remember he was slinging the ball around early last season go check the stats. What happened was Mangold went down and then Sanchez went to Baltimore and almost died. Rex had no choice but to protect his QB and go back to ground and pound, the backup was Brunell for christ sakes. Sanchez IMO has been skittish in the pocket ever since that game.

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,952
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    I don't mind a pick or two. As long as he moves the ball and scores points. Our defense has proven it can't close out games and can't win without the offense being productive. You can't be productive if you don't take chances.
    Normally I would disagree with this. BUT I think that is exactly what this team needs. Good or bad out come they have to at least try to make plays this year. Just trying not to turn the ball over is not Sanchez's game. So the way I see it if he is going to throw picks I'd rather it be going for a 30 yard play then a 5 yard slant.

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,952
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    Keys for Sanchez:
    1) o-line needs to block
    2) WRs need to get open
    3) WRs need to catch ball
    4) Sparano can't call plays like Schotty
    1 Sanchez needs to play better period. That way people will not have to continue to blame everyone else.

  20. #20
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,219
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    He was ready, if you remember he was slinging the ball around early last season go check the stats. What happened was Mangold went down and then Sanchez went to Baltimore and almost died. Rex had no choice but to protect his QB and go back to ground and pound, the backup was Brunell for christ sakes. Sanchez IMO has been skittish in the pocket ever since that game.
    I'd love to think he's ready, but your last sentence would further encourage caution in handing him the reins week one, no?

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us