Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: An embarrassing request....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Homeschooling is just plain dumb.
    Why ? Some of the smartest kids you will run into were probably home schooled.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Umm, no, it isn't. "Public education" is a system of using TAX PAYER FUNDS to pay for the education of children in that society. You are conflating the mononpoly of "public schools" with "public education."

Where does the Federal gov't get the money in the first place ? Oh yeah, TAXING the people that live in those states. IOW, they take your money, give it back, and then tell you how you have to spend it.
    Red States that vote for Republicans and support block grants are taking far more federal aid then the pay in taxes and far more then Blue States that pay the largest share of federal taxes as a percentage of GDP.

You are simply looking for a free handout just like the drunk on foodstamps.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Umm, no, it isn't. "Public education" is a system of using TAX PAYER FUNDS to pay for the education of children in that society. You are conflating the mononpoly of "public schools" with "public education."

Where does the Federal gov't get the money in the first place ? Oh yeah, TAXING the people that live in those states. IOW, they take your money, give it back, and then tell you how you have to spend it.
    How come the Red States that support redistributing tax payer money to private citizens are taking the biggest percentage of federal spending per capita and way more than they pay in vs. blue States per capita?

Block grants are a giveaway to religious education. If you weren't a phony you wouldn't be supporting school choice at all you would be supporting huge cuts in taxes going to schools period and ending the legislative right to education at all. Complete hypocrisy calling for choice and block grants.

The they is us and Public education, unlike private education is a legislated right in this country and has been the biggest driver of economic growth in the history of mankind.
    Last edited by Winstonbiggs; 09-09-2012 at 05:12 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    How come the Red States that support redistributing tax payer money to private citizens are taking the biggest percentage of federal spending per capita and way more than they pay in vs. blue States per capita?

Block grants are a giveaway to religious education. If you weren't a phony you wouldn't be supporting school choice at all you would be supporting huge cuts in taxes going to schools period and ending the legislative right to education at all. Complete hypocrisy calling for choice and block grants.

The they is us and Public education, unlike private education is a legislated right in this country and has been the biggest driver of economic growth in the history of mankind.

You ought to look into the actual details of the stats that you are talking about. Specifically, what those Federal Dollars are going towards.

As for block grants, they are used in many facets of government, not just education. Try not to be ignorant. What you were probably referring to are School Vouchers. Funny, they can go to non Parochial schools as well, so it's ignorant to claim that they are a giveaway to religious education.

As for what I should or shouldn't be calling for, I'm a Federalist. As such, the Federal government should be involved as little as possible. I'm not a Libertarian, so it's fine with me to spend state tax dollars on public education.

But again, in your ignorance, you are conflating "public education" with the monopoly of public schools. I see absolutely nothing wrong with using School vouchers to send kids to private schools, especially when those schools provide a BETTER education at a LOWER COST in many cases.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    You ought to look into the actual details of the stats that you are talking about. Specifically, what those Federal Dollars are going towards.

As for block grants, they are used in many facets of government, not just education. Try not to be ignorant. What you were probably referring to are School Vouchers. Funny, they can go to non Parochial schools as well, so it's ignorant to claim that they are a giveaway to religious education.

As for what I should or shouldn't be calling for, I'm a Federalist. As such, the Federal government should be involved as little as possible. I'm not a Libertarian, so it's fine with me to spend state tax dollars on public education.

But again, in your ignorance, you are conflating "public education" with the monopoly of public schools. I see absolutely nothing wrong with using School vouchers to send kids to private schools, especially when those schools provide a BETTER education at a LOWER COST in many cases.
    More Hyperbole from the right. There is no monopoly of public schools. We are only taking about public federal funds. Last time I looked there were plenty of private and parochial schools and the parochial schools that compete with public education supported with tax breaks.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why ? Some of the smartest kids you will run into were probably home schooled.
    Thanks!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Suddenly, you're an expert on jackassery. Quelle surprise!

Yeah that dogsh!t guy knows a lot...he doesn't even know it's a good thing when a DB intercepts a pass and scores..but he does know how to join you in the chorus line when you get the urge to call people who don't agree with your world view as bigots

Ok!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Suddenly, you're an expert on jackassery. Quelle surprise!

Yeah that dogsh!t guy knows a lot...he doesn't even know it's a good thing when a DB intercepts a pass and scores..but he does know how to join you in the chorus line when you get the urge to call people who don't agree with your world view as bigots
    Poor you. You're a joke even to people who agree with you. Keep those smileys coming . . . because nobody really cares how you feel about it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Frankly, he's just looking for a reason or a consensus to vote for or enable B. Hussein..
    Your "posts" make a great case for that.