Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Woody Johnson is a Republican

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFan24 View Post
    Like any sane American I'll be voting for Obama in November but come on, what do you expect? He'll probably save millions on an RMoney-type getting elected. He doesn't give a **** about anything else and he has that right.

GO GOVERNMENT GO!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post

GO GOVERNMENT GO!
    Nice straw man, thanks for proving my point.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonLeon View Post
    Doesn't Mr. Johnson consider that some if not many of NY Jet fans, the people who spend their hard earned money to support his franchise, might not agree with and/or vehemently disagree with his political views? Wouldn't you think a considerate owner of a sports franchise would think that it might not be appropriate to publically express political views knowing he might be upsetting/alienating some fans.

Yes I am a democrat.
    Yes I am a Jet fan.
    Yes I am offended he makes his political views public.
    Yes I am sure other owners do the same.

But most importantly yes I do feel strongly that a sports franchise owner when purchasing said franchise should have the decency and class to decide that his own private views (whether religious, political or otherwise dividing) should remain private out of the respect of the views of the fans of his/her franchise.

Maybe I'm alone in this but I'm really turned off by this franchise. Highest ticket prices in NFL, desperate attempts to sell tickets not based on performance (see Tebow), no super bowl appearances in my lifetime while the NYG win 4. And now this.

I vote for separation of NFL, church and state.
    But you're okay with 98 percent of Hollywood cramming their agenda down the public's throats every chance they get, right?

Free country. Deal with it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice straw man, thanks for proving my point.
    Sadly, you don't HAVE a point, which is why I still have to hear why "everything is Bush's fault" instead of what your guy's actually accomplished . . .

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Bingo.

Hyper-sensitive and borderline intolerant.
    Borderline?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonLeon View Post
    Maybe I'm alone in this but I'm really turned off by this franchise. Highest ticket prices in NFL, desperate attempts to sell tickets not based on performance (see Tebow), no super bowl appearances in my lifetime while the NYG win 4. And now this.

I vote for separation of NFL, church and state.
    Good luck finding a team owned by a bleeding heart liberal.

http://sflchronicle.com/sports/2011/...-a-republican/

The dolphins might be your only choice. Have fun with that.

And quite honestly who cares if you are offended. Too many people in this country think the world revolves around their feelings. I'm sure your views/actions have offended someone at some point in your life. Get over it.
    Last edited by AmericanMadman; 09-06-2012 at 09:24 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    Sadly, you don't HAVE a point, which is why I still have to hear why "everything is Bush's fault" instead of what your guy's actually accomplished . . .
    It must of been the smiley which proved my insanity.

When Obama wins again (I won't be voting for him, but he'll win), we'll still hear about it in 3 years when they start cramming Hillary down our throat and how we need 8 more years to get back on track.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    Another straw man, awesome. Despite Tea party loons taking over the GOP and obstructing every single thing Obama has tried to do from day 1, here are some of the things "my guy" has accomplished, unfortunately you have to stray outside of Drudge:

http://whatthe****hasobamadonesofar.com/

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Like any sane American I'll be voting for Obama in November but come on, what do you expect? He'll probably save millions on an RMoney-type getting elected. He doesn't give a **** about anything else and he has that right.
    Define sane? Voting for a guy who can't run on his record?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Borderline?
    It is funny how a party that fancies themselves as open-minded intellectuals who celebrate diversity do just the opposite. It wasn't always that way, but it is rapidly becoming that.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    Of course you are entitled to have and share your opinion so I say this with respect...but in a climate where every c-list celebrity on up is out there stumping for one side or another, are you really picking the owner of a sports franchise to single out?

If you are suggesting he owes it to his customers (us) not to express his opinion, then what about not going to see Matt Damon's movies, or buy Eric Clapton's albums, or watching Bill Maher's show on TV. Zuckerberg endorsed Obama...better stay off Facebook. So did Gates to no Windows. Costco....out.

I try to ignore all media as much as possible at this time, because it inevitably makes me irritable but I suspect you're not going to get much sympathy on this one.
    Totally get your point but in my mind politics and entertainment have had a blurry line of distinction ever since Reagan took office. You don't have to watch Damon's films but I was a Jet fan before he bought this team. And when I pick up the paper to read about my football team so I can escape the nonsense that is my daily life (work, politics, etc) I think it's fair that I can do so without the owner discussing his political views.

He has a right and the liberty to do as he pleases. I never suggested otherwise. But I just don't know of any other fan base that has been subjected to this.

Again I just think it would be an appropriate thing to do to support whatever he does in a private manner in respect for the fact that he knows many of his teams' fans don't agree.

I'm sure there are many owners who are even more liberal than I but choose to keep that private out of RESPECT for his fanbase.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    It must of been the smiley which proved my insanity.
    Nope it was your inability to mount a coherent argument based on anything I actually said, buttressed by this post showing that you still don't get it.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMadman View Post
    Define sane? Voting for a guy who can't run on his record?
    not voting for this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9IJUkYUbvI

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like turtles !

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another straw man, awesome. Despite Tea party loons taking over the GOP and obstructing every single thing Obama has tried to do from day 1, here are some of the things "my guy" has accomplished, unfortunately you have to stray outside of Drudge:

Um the democrats had a super majority, meaning they could pass anything they wanted, for two years... The democrat controlled senate continues to unanimously reject obama's budgets, so please. Stick to football.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nope it was your inability to mount a coherent argument based on anything I actually said, buttressed by this post showing that you still don't get it.
    I'm on the internet, I don't need to mount a coherent anything. I don't get upset about what people say here, or upset that the owner of the team I'm a fan of gives his money to a certain political party. If he gave to Obama and made it public would you of made the thread? Probably not, and if you did, who cares who he gives his money too?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you even know what a "straw man" is? All I did was state a FACT that every time I turn around I'm still hearing why Bush is to blame, instead of why Obama deserves credit.

If you don't think that's true, fine -- but you should let your Dem buddies know so they change their strategy.

And BTW, your link doesn't work. Somewhat fitting, no?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm on the internet, I don't need to mount a coherent anything. I don't get upset about what people say here, or upset that the owner of the team I'm a fan of gives his money to a certain political party. If he gave to Obama and made it public would you of made the thread? Probably not, and if you did, who cares who he gives his money too?
    I know the attention span of the average Republican is somewhere between goldfish and chihuahua, but I didn't start this thread fella.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I never said to vote for mitt or newt.

Democrats and republicans are two face to one party. People vote blindly for one party and blame the other. Accept it, if democrats and left leaning independents were not so emotionally invested in obama they would not vote for him again.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    He can and should do so in a private manner so I don't have to write threads about it.