Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 55 of 55

Thread: Woody Johnson is a Republican

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFan24 View Post
    I know the attention span of the average Republican is somewhere between goldfish and chihuahua, but I didn't start this thread fella.
    Oh the low blow. Ouch, btw not a Registered Republican. Want a scanned copy of my card?

    Quote Originally Posted by NeonLeon View Post
    He can and should do so in a private manner so I don't have to write threads about it.
    Bigger things to worry about with this team. Start a thread about how they'll win 7 games and how ticket prices are now tops in the league.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFan24 View Post
    I know the attention span of the average Republican is somewhere between goldfish and chihuahua, but I didn't start this thread fella.
    Uh huh. How's gitmo, or expanded wars in packistan and afghanistan, or increased debt when he said he would slash it in half, or his promise to get it fixed in four years.... Did you like that he was negotiating to keep combat troops in iraq? Democrats have a short attention span too.

    Oh btw the democrat convention is paid for by donations from the evil corporations. The same ones who a lot of our bailout tax money went to.
    Last edited by AmericanMadman; 09-06-2012 at 09:38 PM.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    Do you even know what a "straw man" is? All I did was state a FACT that every time I turn around I'm still hearing why Bush is to blame, instead of why Obama deserves credit.

    If you don't think that's true, fine -- but you should let your Dem buddies know so they change their strategy.

    And BTW, your link doesn't work. Somewhat fitting, no?
    Doesn't work because there was a swear in the title of it which is censored out, but if you really don't know what he's done in office that's sad, albeit typical of the right wing.

    I don't think you know what "fact" means btw.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMadman View Post
    Uh huh. How's gitmo, or expanded wars in packistan and afghanistan, or increased debt when he said he would slash it in half, or his promise to get it fixed in four years.... Did you like that he was negotiating to keep combat troops in iraq? Democrats have a short attention span too.
    Gitmo's still open because the GOP blocked its closure. Debt growth has slowed under Obama and the vast majority of it during his tenure accrued from the bailout which saved the economy. And it's just like a GOPer to think that criticizing Obama for Afghanistan and pakistan when their guy wants to escalate a full on war with Iran is a rational position. Like I said, attention span, how does it work.

    Oh btw the democrat convention is paid for by donations from the evil corporations. The same ones who a lot of our bailout tax money went to.
    Well thanks to Citizen's united this is invariably true now forever as a prerequisite for competing in any election. But I didn't say anything about "evil corporations" so I'll just chalk that up to another righty straw man.
    Last edited by JetsFan24; 09-06-2012 at 09:42 PM.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFan24 View Post
    Doesn't work because there was a swear in the title of it which is censored out, but if you really don't know what he's done in office that's sad, albeit typical of the right wing.

    I don't think you know what "fact" means btw.
    So you feel Dems are focusing on Obama's accomplishments, yes? They're not still trying to blame our current situation on a guy who hasn't been heard from in years, right?

    At least I know I'm not dealing with a rational person -- makes sense since I'm coming to the dump to continue the dialogue . . .

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonLeon View Post
    He can and should do so in a private manner so I don't have to write threads about it.
    You don't have to do anything. Well you do have to purchase health insurance that and taxes.

  7. #47
    I'm a Democrat. Stuff like this is why, in general, I don't like Democrats.

    I don't even like Woody Johnson. But why does voicing his political beliefs reflect poorly on Woody's class?

    If you have a problem with a Republican owning the team you're a fan of....well, I'm pretty sure that most billionaires are Republicans.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMadman View Post
    I never said to vote for mitt or newt.

    Democrats and republicans are two face to one party. People vote blindly for one party and blame the other. Accept it, if democrats and left leaning independents were not so emotionally invested in obama they would not vote for him again.
    That's great and all and I partially agree, but in the real world our choice is between one of the two because that's who we'll end up with. Fortunately for me I don't live in a swing state, so I won't be voting for Obama.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    So you feel Dems are focusing on Obama's accomplishments, yes? They're not still trying to blame our current situation on a guy who hasn't been heard from in years, right?

    At least I know I'm not dealing with a rational person -- makes sense since I'm coming to the dump to continue the dialogue . . .
    I think it's a stone cold reality that Obama came into office right as the economy was collapsing, so to pretend that it's not relevant to his economic numbers is hilarious bury-your-head-in-the-sand group think that's all too prevalent amongst the right.

    That being said, watching the DNC tonight all I've seen is talk about killing bin Laden, bringing troops home from Iraq, education reforms, saving the auto industry, ending DADT etc.

    But as long as the right wants to play games with the unemployment numbers the Dems have zero choice but to bring up the fact that the largest downward swing occurred right as Obama was coming into office and had no chance to do anything and since has stabilized and gradually improved.
    Last edited by JetsFan24; 09-06-2012 at 09:51 PM.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFan24 View Post
    Gitmo's still open because the GOP blocked its closure. Debt growth has slowed under Obama and the vast majority of it during his tenure accrued from the bailout which saved the economy. And it's just like a GOPer to think that criticizing Obama for Afghanistan and pakistan when their guy wants to escalate a full on war with Iran is a rational position. Like I said, attention span, how does it work.



    Well thanks to Citizen's united this is invariably true now forever as a prerequisite for competing in any election. But I didn't say anything about "evil corporations" so I'll just chalk that up to another righty straw man.
    The GOP HAD NO POWER THE FIRST TWO YEARS OF OBAMA'S presidency. FACT. The democrats controlled both houses of congress with a super majority. That is a FACT look it up. You are a typical whiny democrat who can't face reality. He could have closed it if he wanted to. You obviously just say what your told to. The economy was not saved by the bailout, but I'm sure that makes you sleep better thinking it did. The bailout money went to obama's old boys network and produced bankruptcies and failure. GM is failing again and will need another bailout. Ever notice how unemployment numbers are released and then constantly revised to show a bleaker reality then originally reported... Yes typical democrat response, we took corporate money and abandoned our high chair morals just cause... Funny you can't say anything other then "blah blah blah typical republican" meanwhile I'm not.
    Last edited by AmericanMadman; 09-06-2012 at 09:53 PM.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFan24 View Post
    That's great and all and I partially agree, but in the real world our choice is between one of the two because that's who we'll end up with. Fortunately for me I don't live in a swing state, so I won't be voting for Obama.
    That mindset on a national scale is why those two hot messes of parties keep winning.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMadman View Post
    The GOP HAD NO POWER THE FIRST TWO YEARS OF OBAMA'S presidency. FACT. The democrats controlled both houses of congress with a super majority. That is a FACT look it up. You are a typical whiny democrat who can't face reality. He could have closed it if he wanted to. You obviously just say what your told to. The economy was not saved by the bailout, but I'm sure that makes you sleep better thinking it did. The bailout money went to obama's old boys network and produced bankruptcies and failure. GM is failing again and will need another bailout. Ever notice how unemployment numbers are released and then constantly revised to show a bleaker reality then originally reported... Yes typical democrat response, we took corporate money and abandoned our high chair morals just cause... Funny you can't say anything other then "blah blah blah typical republican" meanwhile I'm not.
    Actually, not really.

    You need 60 votes to end a filibuster, and the Democrats only 60 votes for a couple of weeks. The Minnesota Senate seat was in dispute for months, leaving the Democrats with 57 seats, plus Lieberman and Sanders. By the time Franken showed up, Ted Kennedy was dead and they were still at 59 seats. Scott Brown won the election in Massachusetts and the Democrats never got to take advantage of the oh-so-rare super majority.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMadman View Post
    The GOP HAD NO POWER THE FIRST TWO YEARS OF OBAMA'S presidency. FACT. The democrats controlled both houses of congress with a super majority. That is a FACT look it up. You are a typical whiny democrat who can't face reality. He could have closed it if he wanted to. You obviously just say what your told to. The economy was not saved by the bailout, but I'm sure that makes you sleep better thinking it did. The bailout money went to obama's old boys network and produced bankruptcies and failure. GM is failing again and will need another bailout. Ever notice how unemployment numbers are released and then constantly revised to show a bleaker reality then originally reported... Yes typical democrat response, we took corporate money and abandoned our high chair morals just cause... Funny you can't say anything other then "blah blah blah typical republican" meanwhile I'm not.

    Lets start with the irony of your post:

    You are a typical whiny democrat who can't face reality
    Yes typical democrat response
    Funny you can't say anything other then "blah blah blah typical republican" meanwhile I'm not.
    Masterful display of Orwellian language. I'm not a Democrat btw, i said that a couple of posts ago.

    Gitmo has been blocked because when funding came up for the transfers the Republicans rammed a provision into the military budget bill defunding it that they knew obama couldn't veto. Maybe try reading the actual news for once.

    The rest of your post is just vague drivel with no supporting evidence. Of course the government inflates employment numbers, it still has nothing to do with what I've said which is that overall they've improved under Obama and anyone who isn't a total lemming can see that the number being cited by the GOP is the first day Obama was in office and the first couple of months saw the continuation of a massive slide that began before he stepped in. Keep repeating your "just blame Bush" quips, it does nothing to hide that reality or the reality that unless you are completely misinformed and not very bright, there really isn't much of a debate here.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMadman View Post
    That mindset on a national scale is why those two hot messes of parties keep winning.
    I fail to see how my voting for a third party candidate whenever given the opportunity is why the parties keep winning. If everyone had my mindset we'd have numerous parties.

  15. #55
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,070
    Worst thread ever, mouth breathers.

    Thankee.




    -

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us