Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NFP: PlaybooK: What will the Jets show with Tebow?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    I hope Tebow doesn't poach too many of "Mark's" QB opportunities at the red zone. It would be pretty unfair if Mark leads the team to the endzone on several trips, but it's Tebow racking up the touchdowns.

I understand we need to do the things that will put points on the board...but Mark's ability to punch the ball into the endzone at the goal line has never been an issue. He's fantastic with the play-actions, roll-outs, finding his big receivers, finding Keller, etc.

I also think that a "tidy 2-1 TD-INT" ratio is important for Sanchez's confidence and for his teammate's trust in his ability. If Tebow is poaching the TDs at the end of drives, it could be an issue.

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this thought.
    +1.

We need to see Sanchez improve in all phases of his game--and we need to see him continue to be as proficient as he has been in the RZ.

Tebow is gone after this year--so if it's a matter of Sanchez getting the TDs or Tebow, I'd prefer Sanchez.

I don't buy this "I don't care who scores as long as we score" mantra.

I want my real QB running a real NFL offense scoring the TDs.

Taking Sanchez out at the 2 yard line so that Tebow can bull his way into the endzone does nothing for the long-term consistency of this offense.

Having Sanchez rolling out and hitting Keller in the back of the EZ, or throwing a slant to Holmes, or running a naked bootleg, or throwing a back-shoulder pass to Hill, or throwing a swing pass to Mcknight, or just having him hand it off to Greene--for a TD-- is what I want to see.

It's not about A touchdown, it's about MANY touchdowns. It's about wins today AND for the long-term consistency of the offense.

_

Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    +1.

We need to see Sanchez improve in all phases of his game--and we need to see him continue to be as proficient as he has been in the RZ.

Tebow is gone after this year--so if it's a matter of Sanchez getting the TDs or Tebow, I'd prefer Sanchez.

Taking Sanchez out at the 2 yard line so that Tebow can bull his way into the endzone does nothing for the long-term consistency of this offense.

Having Sanchez rolling out and hitting Keller in the back of the EZ, or throwing a slant to Holmes, or running a naked bootleg, or throwing a back-shoulder pass to Hill, or throwing a swing pass to Mcknight, or just having him hand it off to Greene--for a TD-- is what I want to see.

It's not about A touchdown, it's about MANY touchdowns. It's about wins today AND for the long-term consistency of the offense.

_
    Sanchez has proven to be as good, or darn close, as Tebow as a red-zone running threat. I'm afraid that if I go to look up the numbers I'll be banned before I get back, but Sanchez is no slouch running the ball in the red-zone. On a QB draw, a bootleg, or a controlled QB run I'd be just as comfortable with Sanchez running the ball as Tebow. There is no need to put in Tebow in the red-zone if you ask me.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    +1.

_
    Link?

Why dont you believe that some fans just want to see some TD's scored? Seeing as how #1, and #2 QB's have been challenged getting in the end zone, the whole "I just want to see TD's scored" makes perfect sense. That is unless you have a Sanchite agenda.

Id venture to guess that the majority of fans just want to see TD's scored. Offensively, Defensively, and ST ively.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Link?

Why dont you believe that some fans just want to see some TD's scored? Seeing as how #1, and #2 QB's have been challenged getting in the end zone, the whole "I just want to see TD's scored" makes perfect sense. That is unless you have a Sanchite agenda.

Id venture to guess that the majority of fans just want to see TD's scored. Offensively, Defensively, and ST ively.
    Of course I want to see TDs scored. Did I say otherwise?

But if I had a choice--if I was told that both Sanchez AND Tebow will score on such-and-such play, I'd pick Sanchez.

Not because of my Sanchite agenda--which I have--but because my Sanchite agenda is based on the long-term success of the New York Jets. We need a franchise QB and I want to find out THIS year if it's Sanchez.

Guess what, if it's not, then next year I'll have a Barkley agenda or some other agenda for whomever we draft or sign in free agency.

Tebow is not the long term answer for this team. And since he's not, he'll be gone next year, IMHO.

Are you suggesting that Tebow can score TDs that Sanchez cannot?

_

All Pro
    Of course I want to see TDs scored. Did I say otherwise?

But if I had a choice--if I was told that both Sanchez AND Tebow will score on such-and-such play, I'd pick Sanchez.

Not because of my Sanchite agenda--which I have--but because my Sanchite agenda is based on the long-term success of the New York Jets. We need a franchise QB and I want to find out THIS year if it's Sanchez.

Guess what, if it's not, then next year I'll have a Barkley agenda or some other agenda for whomever we draft or sign in free agency.

Tebow is not the long term answer for this team. And since he's not, he'll be gone next year, IMHO.

Are you suggesting that Tebow can score TDs that Sanchez cannot?

_
    I agree 100% with what you said up there^^^

I bash Sanchez quite a bit, but believe it or not, i truthfully hope Mark plays so well that Tebow doesnt even see the field.

That makes me curious. If Mark has a great game on Sunday, do they even bring Tebow in to run a "couple" of plays? I really cant see it happening. Its up to Mark to keep him holding the clipboard.

Hall Of Fame
    I agree 100% with what you said up there^^^

I bash Sanchez quite a bit, but believe it or not, i truthfully hope Mark plays so well that Tebow doesnt even see the field.

That makes me curious. If Mark has a great game on Sunday, do they even bring Tebow in to run a "couple" of plays? I really cant see it happening. Its up to Mark to keep him holding the clipboard.
    Tebow will absolutely run some plays, regardless of what Sanchez is doing.

Woody Johnson will not allow Tebow not to enter this game on a real offensive play.

_

All League
    I hope that if the regular offense is rolling and we have a lead, we don't even bring out the wildcat. Save it for NE or a time when we are down and need to sustain a drive.

All Pro
    Tebow will absolutely run some plays, regardless of what Sanchez is doing.

Woody Johnson will not allow Tebow not to enter this game on a real offensive play.

_
    Why? <realtalk>

I mean, if the game is close, they may put in Tebow for a change of pace?

Only during garbage time wins/ losses?

Quote Originally Posted by JetFreak89 View Post
    I hope that if the regular offense is rolling and we have a lead, we don't even bring out the wildcat. Save it for NE or a time when we are down and need to sustain a drive.
    So you are saying Tebow would most likely be inserted in a big game situation when the team needs a TD?

That seems unfair to Mark.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

+1.

_
    JMO, but I highly doubt that Sanchez will be removed from the game once the Jets are in the RZ. 2nd and 1 from the 8? Sure, he may get some (but not all of those snaps). Same with 1st and goal from the 1. But I don't think that RZ = Tebow. Not by a long shot.

In that regard, I agree with you about getting Sanchez the bulk of the TDs from the QB position this year. But, if Tebow jacks some TDs here and there, I have no real issue with it either. I expect the situation to be fluid and Tebow's usage to vary, depending on a number of circumstances.

Sparano made a good point about a benefit of the starting QB occasionally coming off the field - it allows the OC and QB to have almost a free Time Out to discuss what to call in the next 2-3 plays. In that vein, I see Tebow taking select plays in the RZ, not the entire gamet.

Hall Of Fame
    Why? <realtalk>
    Opening day, bright and shiny, 80,000 folks in the stadium (minus about 2500 unsold tix) and all eyes on the Jets, there is no WAY Woody allows Tebow NOT to get in the game.

It will be all over ESPN SportsCenter Sunday night and for days after.

Mark it down, Tebow gets into the game first half even if Sanchez is 12-12 for 150 yards and 2 TDs.

_

Opening day, bright and shiny, 80,000 folks in the stadium (minus about 2500 unsold tix) and all eyes on the Jets, there is no WAY Woody allows Tebow NOT to get in the game.

It will be all over ESPN SportsCenter Sunday night and for days after.

Mark it down, Tebow gets into the game first half even if Sanchez is 12-12 for 150 yards and 2 TDs.

_
    Isn't he on first team punt? I would think it would be a given unless you're talking about offensive snaps.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    JMO, but I highly doubt that Sanchez will be removed from the game once the Jets are in the RZ. 2nd and 1 from the 8? Sure, he may get some (but not all of those snaps). Same with 1st and goal from the 1. But I don't think that RZ = Tebow. Not by a long shot.

In that regard, I agree with you about getting Sanchez the bulk of the TDs from the QB position this year. But, if Tebow jacks some TDs here and there, I have no real issue with it either. I expect the situation to be fluid and Tebow's usage to vary, depending on a number of circumstances.

Sparano made a good point about a benefit of the starting QB occasionally coming off the field - it allows the OC and QB to have almost a free Time Out to discuss what to call in the next 2-3 plays. In that vein, I see Tebow taking select plays in the RZ, not the entire gamet.
    I heard him say that too, and it was like a moment of mini-enlightenment for me. Probably because we never did that with the Wildcat before, Sanchez was always on the field.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    Isn't he on first team punt? I would think it would be a given unless you're talking about offensive snaps.
    Offensive snap, under center.

Woody will not deny ESPN a Tebow-Time highlight.

Not on opening day.

_

Veteran

Not on opening day.

_
    +1, which is why he'll definately come in if we get 1st and goal to punch it in. We need that Tebow highlight

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Not on opening day.

_
    Of course he'll get at least a couple of plays, no matter what. It's part if the game plan. The thing we have to wait and see is whether he gets 2 snaps under center or if he gets 10. Depending on the match ups of a particular week, the Tebow packages could be extensive or it could be a 1 and done thing.

But un week one, I'm sure the first couple of Tebow plays will be scripted in advance. At least re down and distance.