Thread: Ronnie Brown or Trent Richardson

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Ronnie Brown or Trent Richardson

Tough week 1 flex decision...who do I start? All set with Forte and Sproles at my other 2 RB slots.

Richardson is untested and barely had a camp....Ronnie Brown sucks but is starting.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan8099 View Post
    Tough week 1 flex decision...who do I start? All set with Forte and Sproles at my other 2 RB slots.

Richardson is untested and barely had a camp....Ronnie Brown sucks but is starting.
    That is a tough one. T Rich looks like he will play but he is coming off surgery and it is possible they will limit his touches. Brown sucks for sure and the Raiders have a solid run D. I would wait until gameday and if it looks like T Rich will get a full workload I'd play him. If the coach talks about "easing him in" then go with the starter in SD and cross your fingers.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brown has always been bad but puts up good fantasy #s when he is healthy. This is actually a hard one as Brown could just be in a good situation right now. He always gets one or 2 break away runs so he'd be good for at least 80 yards if starting. He has nothing to loose out there as well. If he is starting I'd say his week 1 fantasy value could be well worth the start really. And I cant stand him as a player.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have the same decision to make on my team...and I'm starting Brown. Here's why:

1) It's Trent Richardson's first game, ever. He's coming off knee surgery and the coaching staff has mentioned that his touches will be limited.

2) The Eagles D is quite good, and the Browns Offense has almost nothing else. The Eagles will swarm T-Rich...because the Browns rookie QB doesn't scare anyone yet.

3) Ryan Matthews is OUT and it has been confirmed.

4) Philip Rivers will throw to his backs, and Vincent Brown (the Chargers #2 WR) is out for the game, which leaves Meachem (who's really only average) stuck with plenty of double teams. Malcolm Floyd is OK, and Gates is quite good, but they've got to run it and throw passes to the flat. All of that goes to Brown.

5) Brown catches decently well and runs like a truck. Behind him are LeRon McClain (a blocking back, more of a fullback) and a rookie.

RIGHT AFTER THIS WEEK, go with T-Rich all the way out. But in this one instance, Ronnie Brown is the better choice.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJoe View Post
    I have the same decision to make on my team...and I'm starting Brown. Here's why:

1) It's Trent Richardson's first game, ever. He's coming off knee surgery and the coaching staff has mentioned that his touches will be limited.

2) The Eagles D is quite good, and the Browns Offense has almost nothing else. The Eagles will swarm T-Rich...because the Browns rookie QB doesn't scare anyone yet.

3) Ryan Matthews is OUT and it has been confirmed.

4) Philip Rivers will throw to his backs, and Vincent Brown (the Chargers #2 WR) is out for the game, which leaves Meachem (who's really only average) stuck with plenty of double teams. Malcolm Floyd is OK, and Gates is quite good, but they've got to run it and throw passes to the flat. All of that goes to Brown.

5) Brown catches decently well and runs like a truck. Behind him are LeRon McClain (a blocking back, more of a fullback) and a rookie.

RIGHT AFTER THIS WEEK, go with T-Rich all the way out. But in this one instance, Ronnie Brown is the better choice.
    I could run on that front line. The thing is Philly will likely get a double digit lead early and Babin will likely be used minimal. Babin for all his hype as a pass rusher has to be the worst run stopper in the league. I still wouldn't expect TRich to be used a lot.