Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Any Zeppelin fans

  1. #1
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    33
    Post Thanks / Like

    Any Zeppelin fans

    To celebrate Led Zeppelin's live debut on 7th Sept 1968 This Day in Music Apps are making their This Day in Led Zeppelin App free for 7 days! (from 7th Sept).

    http://www.thisdayinmusic.com/pages/led_zeppelin_form

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,397
    Post Thanks / Like
    They suck.

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    2,874
    Post Thanks / Like
    I liked zep 20 years ago. Now when I hear it on the radio, I will usually turn the dial.

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,816
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was just adding my Zep collection to my Iphone.

    I was a huge fan another lifetime ago when everyone else was listening to disco. I ended up getting into underground metal, but have recently re-discovered my appreciation of LZ.

    I met Plant and Paige many times when I worked at Atlantic. Plant was the nicest rock star ever. No attitude at all and very friendly.

    Paige not so much.

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    21,939
    Post Thanks / Like
    gotawholelottalove

    PEEEEEWW!!

    gotawholelottalove

    PEEEEEWW!!

    gotawholelottalove

    PEEEEEWW!!

    gotawholelottalove

    PEEEEEWW!!

  6. #6
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    818
    Post Thanks / Like
    Led Zeppelin runs side by side with Pink Floyd as possibly my favorite two Bands. The only issue is, with Pink Floyd I find I listen to just about every song and immensely enjoy them as they are playing, where is with Led Zeppelin I find now my favorite songs are the more obscure songs, not the ones that have been plaid to death. I must say though, Unleaded is amongst my favorite album.

  7. #7
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    State Location Here
    Posts
    7,737
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by leftturn3 View Post
    I find now my favorite songs are the more obscure songs, not the ones that have been plaid to death.
    Plaid to death?

    Sounds like something that would be written on Carlton's tombstone.

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,679
    Post Thanks / Like
    The first hard rock song I ever heard was Trampled Under Foot, in 1975, on Voice of America radio station, in a terrible quality (radio signal was trampled under soviet "glushilki", a powerful electromagnetic interference devices installed everywhere to subdue American broadcasting).

    It changed my life forever.

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    2,874
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    Plaid to death?
    They've gone plaid.


  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    4,994
    Post Thanks / Like
    It starts with naming #1 songs in the year you were born.

    Then it escalates to free app downloads.

    Pretty soon it's going to be wedding dresses, women's shoes and senda-frizbees.

  11. #11
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    29,354
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    Plaid to death?

    Sounds like something that would be written on Carlton's tombstone.
    LOL

  12. #12
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    29,354
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RussianGreen View Post
    The first hard rock song I ever heard was Trampled Under Foot, in 1975, on Voice of America radio station, in a terrible quality (radio signal was trampled under soviet "glushilki", a powerful electromagnetic interference devices installed everywhere to subdue American broadcasting).

    It changed my life forever.
    I heard that tune driving in the back road behind Watermill/Sagaponack/Noyack. We pulled over and just dug it; Jimmy Page knew how to fry your brain.

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    8,132
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    Plaid to death?

    Sounds like something that would be written on Carlton's tombstone.
    What the french toast? I thought you'd go with a Warfist kilt joke.

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,397
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    What the french toast? I thought you'd go with a Warfist kilt joke.
    The pretty ones always seem to be lacking in the intellect department... You cant help it. Thankfully for me Im a rare breed. Sorry friend.

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,243
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudbug View Post
    To celebrate Led Zeppelin's live debut on 7th Sept 1968 This Day in Music Apps are making their This Day in Led Zeppelin App free for 7 days! (from 7th Sept).

    http://www.thisdayinmusic.com/pages/led_zeppelin_form
    Let me know when they have a Black Country Communion app.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us