Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets Tweets & Info 9/7

Jets Tweets & Info 9/7

Dennis Waszak Jr. ‏@DWAZ73
    #Jets DL Mike DeVito says his calf is "100 percent," and will play Sunday

Tim Graham ‏@ByTimGraham
    All Bills accounted for and on field -- including Stevie Johnson, Brad Smith and Kraig Urbik -- for media portion of practice.

Stevie Johnson expected to play; Brad Smith probable against Jets

Seth Walder ‏@SethWalderNYDN
    DeVito and Sione with their position group. Eric Smith to rehab.

Keller walks off field after stretching heading toward rehab area.

Tannenbaum said on Mike and Mike this morning that Sanchez will take between 80-90% of snaps

All League
    #Bills injury report: Stevie Johnson is questionable for Sunday vs. #Jets -- Buffalo Bills (@buffalobills)

Rex: Pouha and ESmith won't play..Everyone else is a go

Rex has ruled out Sione Pouha (back) and Eric Smith (hip, knee)

I know we wont play much traditional 3-4 vs the Bills spread offense, so if its a case of extra rest for pouha, then its a good week for it.

But, it has to be time to be signigicantly worried about this injury no? All of TC, and week 1 for a 325LB 33 year old NT?

Ellis has looked great, but we have a lot of money tied up with pouha....

Rex: Pouha is "close" and has been "begging us to play." KEllis will start in his place. Pettine said, tho, #Jets won't be in base as much

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Rex on unveiling Tebow-led Wildcat vs Bills: "I'm eager to see it too..."

Rex Ryan: "I guarantee that I won't give any guarantees."

Rex Ryan on mistakes he's made in the past (SB guarantees, captains, etc): "The list is long. But I hope I learn from them."

Worried about Pouha but excited to see KEllis. He's been impressing me greatly and I hope he takes this opportunity to shine!

Tim Graham ‏@ByTimGraham
    Big matchup for Bills would've been C Eric Wood against beastly NT Sione Pouha, who's now ruled out. Wood ramping up from knee surgery.

Rex Ryan says Keller "looked good" and adds "I think he's ready to roll"

Jets RapidReports ‏@CBSSportsNFLNYJ
    Neither NT Sione Po'uha (back) nor S Eric Smith (hip/knee) will play on Sunday. Rex Ryan expects both to be ready for week 2 at Pittsburgh.

TE Dustin Keller (hamstring) will play on Sunday. Rex Ryan thinks he's ready to go, but indicated he might be a little limited.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    I know we wont play much traditional 3-4 vs the Bills spread offense, so if its a case of extra rest for pouha, then its a good week for it.

But, it has to be time to be signigicantly worried about this injury no? All of TC, and week 1 for a 325LB 33 year old NT?

Ellis has looked great, but we have a lot of money tied up with pouha....
    I don't care about the money we have tied up in him, and I'm not worried about pouha missing significant time. He's a replaceable piece of the defense and not very important.

Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    I don't care about the money we have tied up in him, and I'm not worried about pouha missing significant time. He's a replaceable piece of the defense and not very important.
    oh, you have the 3-4 NT tree growing in your backyard?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Tim Graham ‏@ByTimGraham
    Big matchup for Bills would've been C Eric Wood against beastly NT Sione Pouha, who's now ruled out. Wood ramping up from knee surgery.
    Ellis > Pouha.

Yea, I said it.

He is in for a shock.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsMakeMeCry View Post
    oh, you have the 3-4 NT tree growing in your backyard?
    Luckily the jets were smart enough to stockpile two young NTs. Missing pouha is not a blow to the defense anymore than missing Eric Smith.

Well, there is a salary cap, so giving a player $2.5 million and having that player get hurt is not good.

Yes we have an athletic and talented backup, but pouha is an excellent player and one of the top interior Dlineman in the league, so again, not a player we want to lose.

Comparing him to eric smith is pretty far off

Disagree...JMO but you are underestimating him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Ellis > Pouha.

Yea, I said it.

He is in for a shock.
    Ellis = excellent prospect
    Pouha = excellent NT

Just cause you said it doesn't mean it's true.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Ellis > Pouha.
    nope

Luckily the jets were smart enough to stockpile two young NTs. Missing pouha is not a blow to the defense anymore than missing Eric Smith.
    One is a rookie coming from a NAIA school...I wouldn't expect alot out of him this season, especially the first half of the season.