Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TV Help - Need a 70" for less than $3000

All League
    May have to do with the refresh rate on the tv. Do you know what the rating is? 60hz, 120hz, 240hz? The higher the better.

For a big tv like that I would suspect that 240hz would be necessary.

Jets Insider VIP
    Mods, please move to the 'rich guy' forum, along with Locke's smashed up Cadoo thread.

Thankee

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Mods, please move to the 'rich guy' forum, along with Locke's smashed up Cadoo thread.

Thankee
    What happened to those boulders in your yard?

-

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    What happened to those boulders in your yard?

-

They are still there - I'll sell them to you, if you need them.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by David Harris View Post
    [/SIZE][/B]Yet more proof that the Hampur can literally fix the world's problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    And create many too.
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    I've noticed that during every Jets game, the image on my 54" LCD gets progressively blurrier and blurrier, and by the end of the game it's like a double image.

Any tech help would be much appreciated.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUVwR...e_gdata_player

Was watching Tebow running and the opposing team running for pick 6's going to give you motion blur or sumpin?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    Low blow.

What's the combo breaker?
    A running tally of how many times I've thrown Betsy the PlumberChub since 2010. Not like we can write it down on the dry erase board on the fridge.

Rofl!!!

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    A running tally of how many times I've thrown Betsy the PlumberChub since 2010. Not like we can write it down on the dry erase board on the fridge.
    Oh, now I get it!

C-c-c-c-combo wanker (today): 3

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by David Harris View Post
    I impulse bought a 70" Sharp (Model # 70C6400U) LED LCD at Costco for ~ $2400. Thrilled with the size and most viewing though LED's are awkward at first as people are almost "too real" and their movements are paradoxically almost robotic - but I'm accustomed to it and like it now.

The issue: Watching a flying football/baseball/etc. The TV badly blurs balls moving rapidly in the air (insert joke here). I bought the TV for football and it bothers me enough that I may return it.

What should I buy and what features to ensure this doesn't happen in my next TV - thank you. You advice is much appreciated.
    You need a TV with at least a 120 Hz refresh rate. 240 Hz is nice but sometimes it overcompensates.

Sometimes sports blur no matter what TV you have. Sometimes it is their signal.

BTW, I would go with a 55" max. Unless your room is tremendous, you should not need anything bigger.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    C-c-c-c-combo wanker (today): 3
    Lmao. How many paid company wanks? I think the time I spend wanking and dooting on company time should be itemized on my pay stub. For tax purposes...

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

How far away from the 3ooo dollars will you be sitting?

All League
    Make sure you use lemons and not oranges. This could literally mean the difference between life and death!

Quote Originally Posted by TokyoJetsFan View Post
    Make sure you use lemons and not oranges. This could literally mean the difference between life and death!

Jets Insider VIP
    blurry balls >>>> pixelated balls

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    You need a TV with at least a 120 Hz refresh rate. 240 Hz is nice but sometimes it overcompensates.

Sometimes sports blur no matter what TV you have. Sometimes it is their signal.

BTW, I would go with a 55" max. Unless your room is tremendous, you should not need anything bigger.

Most 240 hz rates are artificial, as they are interpoltaed by the set's internal electronics. 120 should be fine.

And why not go for the biggest set one can afford as long as it fits in the room? I've had a 60" Kuro for over 7-8 years and sit about 9 feet away and the picture blows people away when they see it. If I had the need, I'd definitely go bigger. In fact, I wouldn't hesitate to go 80". Hell, I'd go 90" but they are around $10k at the moment. It's not a matter of need with these huge TVs, it's the desire to duplicate the "big Screen" experience at home. My brother-in-law built a home theater last year for over $200K and his screen in a 18x30 room is a 15' monster. Watching football or movies at his house is an experience and we sit about 12-15 feet away. Freakin' awesome. When you go to the movies, do you always sit in back row?
    Last edited by GuidoYaztremski; 09-10-2012 at 12:12 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Most 240 hz rates are artificial, as they are interpoltaed by the set's internal electronics. 120 should be fine.

And why not go for the biggest set one can afford as long as it fits in the room? I've had a 60" Kuro for over 7-8 years and sit about 9 feet away and the picture blows people away when they see it. If I had the need, I'd definitely go bigger. In fact, I wouldn't hesitate to go 80". Hell, I'd go 90" but they are around $10k at the moment. It's not a matter of need with these huge TVs, it's the desire to duplicate the "big Screen" experience at home. My brother-in-law built a home theater last year for over $200K and his screen in a 18x30 room is a 15' monster. Watching football or movies at his house is an experience and we sit about 12-15 feet away. Freakin' awesome. When you go to the movies, do you always sit in back row?
    My next TV is going to be big enough to heat my basement on its own.

My next TV is going to be big enough to heat my basement on its own.
    Great idea.

I'm (seriously) thinking of picking one of these bad boys up for next summer out by the pool. During the day, I can use is as a pool float.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Great idea.

I'm (seriously) thinking of picking one of these bad boys up for next summer out by the pool. During the day, I can use is as a pool float.

WLF is that????

WLF is that????
    I think it's a Yellow Eye Kole fish.

Oh, the TV? It's an inflatable 120" screen. All you need is an HD projector, some speakers and a video source and you have an instant home theater, outdoor drive in! Freakin' cool, huh?
    Last edited by GuidoYaztremski; 09-10-2012 at 01:16 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    WLF is that????
    A BB gun target...