Thread: Patriots Pass Roughly 84% of the Time on 3rd Down from Behind Midfield

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Patriots Pass Roughly 84% of the Time on 3rd Down from Behind Midfield

thought this was interesting: http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal...lay_predictor/

Don't know how rare that is, but given how that team plays offense, it does raise some concerns in a few ways. Considering most of these throws were to the tight-ends, that whole side of the field is going to rely heavily on Landry and Bell. I hope they can produce. If not Belichick, Brady, Gronkowski, and Hernandez may dominate on offense mainly behind midfield taking this stat into account.

It seems like behind mid-field they take chances with the passing game and have a more aggressive approach but once they get passed midfield they play more conservative and bring in the running game with a much higher percentage. I wonder if that's their approach on time management. Do what you can be aggressive to get passed midfield and once you do, then lets slow down and play safe and conservative and eat up the clock and we can be sure to have a high percentage rate of putting some points on the board whether it be 3, 6, 7 or 8. Whatever the case it obviously works.

Hope we can cover this statistic well, and that seems to rely heavily on our safety's. This stat will present itself time and time again when we play them.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not to say he can't but Landry's not known as a "cover guy". He's pretty much a box safety.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NuJurzy87 View Post
    thought this was interesting: http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal...lay_predictor/

Don't know how rare that is, but given how that team plays offense, it does raise some concerns in a few ways. Considering most of these throws were to the tight-ends, that whole side of the field is going to rely heavily on Landry and Bell. I hope they can produce. If not Belichick, Brady, Gronkowski, and Hernandez may dominate on offense mainly behind midfield taking this stat into account.

It seems like behind mid-field they take chances with the passing game and have a more aggressive approach but once they get passed midfield they play more conservative and bring in the running game with a much higher percentage. I wonder if that's their approach on time management. Do what you can be aggressive to get passed midfield and once you do, then lets slow down and play safe and conservative and eat up the clock and we can be sure to have a high percentage rate of putting some points on the board whether it be 3, 6, 7 or 8. Whatever the case it obviously works.

Hope we can cover this statistic well, and that seems to rely heavily on our safety's. This stat will present itself time and time again when we play them.
    good info, but there is a new co-od this year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    To stop the pats imo you have to get a body on those TE's and welker right off the line. That stat does not surprise me, when you have a QB like Brady who is so accurate you have plenty of confidence he will make a play and not turn it over.