Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Welker or Richardson in the flex

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Welker or Richardson in the flex

My team is
    Brees Qb
    Hey-bey WR
    Torrey smith WR
    sproles RB
    doug martin RB
    Janikowski K
    Jets D

For a flex I'm not sure if I should put in Welker or Trent Richardson. TR is coming off injury but will start, and I'm worried about the number of WRs in NE, will Welker gets his usual targets?

Also at TE I have O Daniels, and Heath Miller. That's not a huge issue because generally lower numbers are involved, but still a dilemna.

the rest of my team S Holmes (yes I did), Greg Little, Devon Bess, Russell Wilson.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    flex Welker. Even if Trent is healthy I don't expect him to get the full load right off the bat. I'll also say Daniels.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    flex Welker. Even if Trent is healthy I don't expect him to get the full load right off the bat. I'll also say Daniels.
    I was kind of leaning that way on both accounts. Ironically they're both projected lower, that's why I was asking.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigFL View Post
    My team is
    Brees Qb
    Hey-bey WR
    Torrey smith WR
    sproles RB
    doug martin RB
    Janikowski K
    Jets D

For a flex I'm not sure if I should put in Welker or Trent Richardson. TR is coming off injury but will start, and I'm worried about the number of WRs in NE, will Welker gets his usual targets?

Also at TE I have O Daniels, and Heath Miller. That's not a huge issue because generally lower numbers are involved, but still a dilemna.

the rest of my team S Holmes (yes I did), Greg Little, Devon Bess, Russell Wilson.
    Welker is a must start. The question for your squad is who to play at Flex, DHB or T Rich. If word out of Cleveland is that T Rich won't be limited I'd start him. If it looks sketchy and you really like DHB go for it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    Welker is a must start. The question for your squad is who to play at Flex, DHB or T Rich. If word out of Cleveland is that T Rich won't be limited I'd start him. If it looks sketchy and you really like DHB go for it.
    Everything I read said that it should be a Shootout, so you need to play DHB. That's why I considered Welker, figured there were alot of pass catchers to spread the ball to in NE, but yeah he is generally considered my #1. This week though Smith and DHB are considered must starts.