Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Direct TV Sinday ticket streaming

Direct TV Sinday ticket streaming

For those of you that are out of the area and have Dish or cable and would like to get Sunday ticket on your PC/tablet you can subscribe here:

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/conten...nline/overview

Just wanted to pass the info along, it does cost $250 dollars, however for me the cost of going to a bar every week I figure it is worth it.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by OrlandoJets View Post
    For those of you that are out of the area and have Dish or cable and would like to get Sunday ticket on your PC/tablet you can subscribe here:

Just wanted to pass the info along, it does cost $250 dollars, however for me the cost of going to a bar every week I figure it is worth it.
    thanks! but nooooo thanks!

I just ordered mine yesterday...it took me an hour to find the link online. It seem Direct TV makes it hard to find so more people will order the service. Has anyone used the PS3 app while wireless? Im worried about the quality and wonder if I should invest in a really long cable to run up to my office, or a power line adapter.
    Last edited by Tampa Jet; 09-08-2012 at 12:45 AM.

Meh, I always use thefirstrow to gets streams for the games.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Meh, I always use thefirstrow to gets streams for the games.
    Can you use it on a tablet?

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Tampa Jet View Post
    I just ordered min yesterday...it took me an hour to find the link online. It seem Direct TV makes it hard to find so more people will order the service. Has anyone used the PS3 app while wireless? Im worried about the quality and wonder if I should invest in a really long cable to run up to my office, or a power line adapter.
    I used this last year... I have a relatively new linksys router, i cant recall the model right now and it worked fine. Couple hangups here and there but my download speeds using my iphone to test always seemed fine. Picture quality is great most of the time. I'm hoping they have improved the product as they had a few hiccups... opening weekend was a disaster. I have the MLB app and it works flawlessly on PS3.

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Can you use it on a tablet?
    If your tablet has flash, yes. If you're on Android, you should be good to go.
    Last edited by McGinley; 09-07-2012 at 08:53 PM.

Thanks Rock. I just upgraded to a new router recently, and my speed should be plenty....hopefully it works well for Sunday!

This thread literally saved me $180 this morning. Was going out to buy a used PS3 ($130) to get the Ticket streaming though them ($299). Just signed up for the $250 version to my laptop and just ran the HDMI cable to my TV. Thanks!!! Was going to have to go out to watch tomorrow as Pats are on at the same time.

All League
    If your tablet has flash, yes. If you're on Android, you should be good to go.
    Adobe just removed flash from all mobile devices. If you have Android 4.0 or higher (I think) you're sol. There are work arounds available in app form, but I haven't tried it yet.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by OrlandoJets View Post

Isn't this supposed to be for people who can't get DirecTV? Those with restrictions (apt bldgs) or line of sight issues? How do they check?

Is this a password type thing? Could a friend and I theoretically split an account (college student) ?

Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    Isn't this supposed to be for people who can't get DirecTV? Those with restrictions (apt bldgs) or line of sight issues? How do they check?
    They just asked me to check boxes that a) do not have DirectTV at this address and b) never had DirectTV at this address and 1 other question along the same lines (don't recall).

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Is this a password type thing? Could a friend and I theoretically split an account (college student) ?
    It is. Need to log in with username (e-mail account) and password that you signed up with to access online.

Quote Originally Posted by CTJetsFanII View Post
    This thread literally saved me $180 this morning. Was going out to buy a used PS3 ($130) to get the Ticket streaming though them ($299). Just signed up for the $250 version to my laptop and just ran the HDMI cable to my TV. Thanks!!! Was going to have to go out to watch tomorrow as Pats are on at the same time.
    Your welcome...Saved me from going to the sportsbar.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    from what I understand, they only allow one device whrn you log in with your password.

Quote Originally Posted by CTJetsFanII View Post
    They just asked me to check boxes that a) do not have DirectTV at this address and b) never had DirectTV at this address and 1 other question along the same lines (don't recall).
    There is no way they can verify. Quite frankly I dont think they care, Sunday ticket is a losing proposition for them. they are trying to re-coup some of their 9 billion they pay the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    Adobe just removed flash from all mobile devices. If you have Android 4.0 or higher (I think) you're sol. There are work arounds available in app form, but I haven't tried it yet.
    Umm, no. I'm on Android 4.0.4 and flash still works. It also depends on your browser because some don't have flash enabled. The stock Android browser doesn't support flash, so you should pick up either Opera Mobile browser (set it to desktop mode and enable flash in the app’s settings) or Dolphin Browser.
    Last edited by McGinley; 09-08-2012 at 08:05 PM.

Umm, no. I'm on Android 4.0.4 and flash still works. It also depends on your browser because some don't have flash enabled. The stock Android browser doesn't support flash, so you should pick up either Opera Mobile browser (set it to desktop mode and enable flash in the app’s settings) or Dolphin Browser.
    Agreed. I have Motorola Xoom running 4.0 and Flash works fine on Dolphin browser. Can't get site to show video though. Audio is fine. Gonna fiddle with it a bit later. May be user error.

Edit....had to download plug in and still nada. Any ideas?
    Last edited by GuidoYaztremski; 09-08-2012 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Agreed. I have Motorola Xoom running 4.0 and Flash works fine on Dolphin browser. Can't get site to show video though. Audio is fine. Gonna fiddle with it a bit later. May be user error.
    Might be the specific stream, too.