Thread: Democrats "War" on gays?

Democrats "War" on gays?

Somehow I think the media will bypass this one...

http://www.wbaltv.com/blob/view/-/16...Ayanbadejo.pdf

Vikings punter Chris Kluhe's response is amazing.

Since Burns is an elected Democrat, will hey label this a war on gays parallel to a war on women?

Jets Insider VIP
    Media bypass? Is the link you posted from a media source?

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Media bypass? Is the link you posted from a media source?

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...
    That is the link to the letter written by this elected official to the Ravens. If a conservative said or did this, it would be deemed a war on gays. Where are the Sandra Flukes of the world or comments like lock ya'll up in chains to defend the gays?
    Last edited by mallamalla; 09-08-2012 at 01:51 PM.

All League
    Just read about all this on PFT - the Chris Kluwe reply to Emmet Burns is funny as hell and dead on.

Here's the most recent PFT on it -

Chris Kluwe blasts Maryland politician, with blue and clean versions

Ravens linebacker Brendon Ayanbadejo took a graceful and measured approach to refuting the Maryland politician who wants to light his tailgating grill with the United States Constitution.

Vikings punter Chris Kluwe has taken a different path.

Ayanbadejo said he was “surprised” that Maryland House of Delegates member Emmett C. Burns Jr. would try to put pressure on the Ravens to silence his support of gay marriage, which is a ridiculous affront to free speech regardless your thoughts on the issue.

So Kluwe initially took a flame-thrower to Burns on Deadspin, a hilarious rebuke that you should only click if you’re not easily insulted by REALLY SALTY LANGUAGE.

It’s worth the read assuming you’re NOT REALLY SENSITIVE TO THAT KIND OF THING, since Kluwe hits you between the eyes with a 2×4 of profanity in the headline.

But in case you’re a bit more delicate, he also wrote a clean version for a blog hosted by the St. Paul Pioneer Press.

He admits he heard from several people, including his dad, who suggested his greater point might have been missed amid the swear words and references to private parts.

So he replaced some of the vulgarity with phrases such as “BEAUTIFULLY UNIQUE SPARKLEPONY” and “DELICIOUS STATE FAIR HOTDOG!”

Which, when you’re mocking a narrow-minded, wide-mouthed politician, is just as funny as the original, and maybe more so.

So again we say, good for Ayanbadejo for having a conscience and the willingness to voice it, and to Kluwe for having a sharp sense of humor.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...lean-versions/

And here's a link to Kluwe's unfiltered response, if the link in the PFT article doesn't copy/paste over...

http://deadspin.com/5941348/they-won...-supporting-it

And as for mallamalla, I mean, which of the two parties is more supportive of gay rights? Which party just repealed DADT and generally supports some type of gay marriage/civil unions? That would the Democrats, generally. There are always outliers, but let's not pretend that the homophobic party is the Democratic party.

Quote Originally Posted by SafetyBlitz View Post
    And as for mallamalla, I mean, which of the two parties is more supportive of gay rights? Which party just repealed DADT and generally supports some type of gay marriage/civil unions? That would the Democrats, generally. There are always outliers, but let's not pretend that the homophobic party is the Democratic party.
    So believing in traditional marriage between a man and a woman means you're homophobic?

If so, believing in gay marriage must mean you are heterophobic?

The Dims aren't for gay rights, the Dims are for gay votes. That's what it boils down to...

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanPatsFan View Post
    So believing in traditional marriage between a man and a woman means you're homophobic?

If so, believing in gay marriage must mean you are heterophobic?

The Dims aren't for gay rights, the Dims are for gay votes. That's what it boils down to...
    Being against allowing gays to serve openly in the armed forces was homophobic.

Gay marriage really comes to down to why do republicans care? Churches don't have to marry gays. "Supporting traditional marriage" does not adequately explain why the government should not let gays marry.

That said I can see someone not being homophobic and being against gay marriage, but it just seems like one of those "why waste time on it?". And just as much as pushing for gay rights gets gay votes, and many straight votes for that matter, denying gay rights also gets votes, from a different set of voters.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by mallamalla View Post
    Where are the Sandra Flukes of the world or comments like lock ya'll up in chains to defend the gays?
    Ummm...I think they punter covered it.

When will conservatives stop pretending to be panty-waisted media martyrs? Wah. Wah. Wah. Wah. The media is SO mean.

Vagina sand particles.

Jets Insider VIP
    Just read about all this on PFT - the Chris Kluwe reply to Emmet Burns is funny as hell and dead on.

Here's the most recent PFT on it -

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...lean-versions/

And here's a link to Kluwe's unfiltered response, if the link in the PFT article doesn't copy/paste over...

http://deadspin.com/5941348/they-won...-supporting-it

As someone who strongly supports equality of marriage for all, I have to say that the above stance is FAR more bigoted than the stance opposing gay marriage.

I suggest you take the time to actually discuss rationally with an educated person who is of that opinion. You know, rather than take the lazy and ignorant route that anyone who doesn't share your opinion is either "homophobic " or sexist or racist. I am so sick of you liberals who want to believe you're the tolerant wing, when you're obviously anything but. Fukin hypocrites and ignoramuses. Realize the effect of words like those. They aren't there for you to toss around at a whim to make you feel superior.

I don't even agree with those folks, but crap like this makes me want to fight on their behalf. Seriously, get a goddamn clue.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    As someone who strongly supports equality of marriage for all, I have to say that the above stance is FAR more bigoted than the stance opposing gay marriage.

I suggest you take the time to actually discuss rationally with an educated person who is of that opinion. You know, rather than take the lazy and ignorant route that anyone who doesn't share your opinion is either "homophobic " or sexist or racist. I am so sick of you liberals who want to believe you're the tolerant wing, when you're obviously anything but. Fukin hypocrites and ignoramuses. Realize the effect of words like those. They aren't there for you to toss around at a whim to make you feel superior.

I don't even agree with those folks, but crap like this makes me want to fight on their behalf. Seriously, get a goddamn clue.
    I haven't read, seen or heard a legitimate argument against gay marriage. There are none. The religious ones are for places of worship, and those institutions can marry who they please.

How does one describe a party that opposes DADT, opposes gay marriage and where Rick Santorum wins 10 states, the second most, in the primary?

What the hell else do ya call it, JetPotato? "Misguided" seems a little too generous.

Jets Insider VIP
    I haven't read, seen or heard a legitimate argument against gay marriage. There are none. The religious ones are for places of worship, and those institutions can marry who they please.

How does one describe a party that opposes DADT, opposes gay marriage and where Rick Santorum wins 10 states, the second most, in the primary?

What the hell else do ya call it, JetPotato? "Misguided" seems a little too generous.
    Simplistic and ignorant. Do the research yourself, lazy ass.

It's a differing opinion, based on much more than the garbage assumptions you're making here. The fact that you don't see the irony in your attacks really means you have no business discussing these topics. You're no better than the accusations you're making.

Hall Of Fame
    Gays in the NFL?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Simplistic and ignorant. Do the research yourself, lazy ass.

It's a differing opinion, based on much more than the garbage assumptions you're making here. The fact that you don't see the irony in your attacks really means you have no business discussing these topics. You're no better than the accusations you're making.
    It's not like this issue has not been a political topic for the past half decade. I've heard arguments for and against.

The arguments against gay marriage are either religious or idiotic, and some would say those two are one-in-the-same.

This guy is no typical footballer. He has a brain, talks well, and made his point. (Never seen him play though.) Did anybody notice the DNA tattoo on his right arm?

Quote Originally Posted by YellowSubmarine View Post
    This guy is no typical footballer. He has a brain, talks well, and made his point. (Never seen him play though.) Did anybody notice the DNA tattoo on his right arm?

And what, pray tell Mr. Genius, is a typical footballer? Lots of intelligent guys out there in that job description. And some dumbasses and some criminals. Sort of a cross section. Like many careers.
    Post football, there are quite a few entrepreneurs who have done quite well. Or even working in corporate America.
    And YOUR credentials would be?