Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tebow at tight end tomorrow.

Jets Insider VIP

Tebow at tight end tomorrow.

Im sitting here thinking and I believe tebow is going to be playing tight end in our 2 tight end sets. Thats what we have been hiding. Thats why hes up to 250 lbs.

I wouldnt be surprised if he had a few catches tomorrow out of the tight end position.

Tebow is a gamer. He dorsnt want to be sitting on the sidelines tomorrow. I bet hes wildcat qb and our #2 tight end.

What do u think?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Im sitting here thinking and I believe tebow is going to be playing tight end in our 2 tight end sets. Thats what we have been hiding. Thats why hes up to 250 lbs.

I wouldnt be surprised if he had a few catches tomorrow out of the tight end position.

Tebow is a gamer. He dorsnt want to be sitting on the sidelines tomorrow. I bet hes wildcat qb and our #2 tight end.

What do u think?
    TE, RB, Punt Protector, Wildcat. Everything but QB. And I don't mean that in a bad way, he's a great football player and I'm excited to see him play football just not at QB. Also, the more he plays TE/RB or even on the field with Sanchez, the more the media (and people I have to talk to at work...) will realize his intended usage and added versatility (while not being a threat to start at QB).

At least that's what I hope.

Jets Insider VIP

What do u think?
    Can he block? Because all we have now are pass-catching-type TE's.

Hall Of Fame
    A guy who has never run a pattern, caught a pass or in-line blocked probably since pee wee football.

Good idea, let's let him do that in the NFL.

The guy is not Superman for cryin out loud.

Having said that, if he were to take a full offseason and convert to TE, he would have a VERY long and productive career.

_

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

He's going to need two different helmets then, right? Only one earpiece helmet is allowed on the field for each side. He'll have to leave his QB helmet on the bench.

Jets Insider VIP
    All the good tight ends played basketball in college. Tight end is not a position that takes years to learn if you are a great athlete. Tebow is a great athlete.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    More pressure on the punter, our most valuable tool on ST/Offense I like that let's put all the pressure we can on the D. We will see, but I don't see how a guy is gonna go from protect to kill on coverage with no experience. Hope he proves me wrong.

I think the biggest advantage of having Tebow comes from if we can have him on the field when he *doesn't* take the snap.

Yes, Sanchez can go to the sideline, and Tebow can run the read-option. But that was Denver's offense last year, and they weren't exactly the Greatest Show on Turf.

Ideally, we'd have both Sanchez and Tebow out there. Maybe they line up side by side. If there's 8 in the box, snap it to Sanchez, and run the receivers deep, with Tebow helping to pick up blitzers. If not, snap it to Tebow, and let him run.

Alternatively, say you have Sanchez, Tebow, a RB, 2 wide and Keller. Based on the personnel of the defense, base / nickel / etc, you can shift Tebow to TE, and hand off to Greene. Or maybe send Tebow out in the flat.

There's obviously a ton of stuff you can do. The question is, what can we do *well*? And then balance that against the likely confusion of the defense.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    All the good tight ends played basketball in college. Tight end is not a position that takes years to learn if you are a great athlete. Tebow is a great athlete.
    Is he 6'6'' and has a great vertical jump as well as being a great athlete?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    pffft.......he's got Jeebus on his side.....

Jets Insider VIP
    No, but were not asking him to be gates or graham. Were asking him to play tight end in 2 tight end sets. Maybe get open on a playaction for a 5 yard td.

I just think the jets have something up their sleeve for tebow that goes beyond a few wildcat snaps and a punt protector. And its not taking handoffs cause he would go nowhere doing that.

Jets Insider VIP
    Tebow is 6'3"

Josh Baker is 6'3"

Just saying.

All League

What do u think?
    HBack, I could see, but as a TE on the LOS he would get destroyed I think.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Tebow is 6'3"

Josh Baker is 6'3"

Just saying.
    No doubt TT can contribute he is an athlete, but I believe we need consistency. This Offense needs prototypical players in certain positions I realize we lost a good number to due their age and it takes time to reload perhaps TT can by them some time. Oh, btw who is Josh Baker?

Hall Of Fame
    Guys, Tebow is a QB. A running QB. He will be lining up at QB. Stop over-thinking things. We are going to run the wildcat and maybe some spread option. There is no mystery. He might even throw a pass .

Hopefully Sanchez isn't off the field for too long.

Tebow's supposed to be our backup QB. Why in God's name would he be at tight end. I'm still amazed at him on the punting formation. They must be really excited about McElroy, we are a few crappy plays from making McElroy the #2 our our #1.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Guys, Tebow is a QB. A running QB. He will be lining up at QB. Stop over-thinking things. We are going to run the wildcat and maybe some spread option. There is no mystery. He might even throw a pass .

Hopefully Sanchez isn't off the field for too long.
    I think you are right, they don't need a guy who has never played the position to come in and catch passes. Maybe line up there as a decoy possibly but I doubt he can contribute as a TE.

Jets Insider VIP
    No doubt TT can contribute he is an athlete, but I believe we need consistency. This Offense needs prototypical players in certain positions I realize we lost a good number to due their age and it takes time to reload perhaps TT can by them some time. Oh, btw who is Josh Baker?

Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    Tebow's supposed to be our backup QB. Why in God's name would he be at tight end. I'm still amazed at him on the punting formation. They must be really excited about McElroy, we are a few crappy plays from making McElroy the #2 our our #1.
    I've never quite figured out the Jets' CS/FO thinking here. The backup QB's job is to be ready to come in for the starter if he gets hurt. Regularly putting your backup QB at risk playing other positions just doesn't make any sense.

All this stuff about using Tebow in some dual QB system or at other positions that Tebow's never played before seems like a possible smoke screen to hide the fact that the CS/FO is seriously flirting with the idea of putting Tebow in as the starter some time during the season. They're introducing Tebow-friendly plays while pretending they're NOT undermining Sanchez.

All League
    Any way you shake this, it's a god damn mess IMO.

And as soon as he wins a game for us....watch out....the avalanche will begin.